I Got Strider-ized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic

First, it looks so great! I am jealous, but I still love mine. Love the info pages and love the link to a certain Martinez, GA Florist....(just so you know, I am so doing that this weekend for my site)

And from one Strider website to another, prepare to get orders for the tulip and roses design at the header on the site, I have gotten 5 orders for this arrangement since I got the new site, finally got a picture to put up this weekend...
Looks great and thanks for the help with mine....

Boss, looks great and I really like the organization. It flows nicely.
Love the order direct page and florist we recommend AND thank you
for that listing in Evergreen, Colorado!
This is a great idea I would like to have on my site.

It's gorgeous!!

I did see a couple of typos. On this page:
http://www.smithsflowers.com/press/44/Free-Valentine-Delivery

"Suprise" should be "Surprise"
"They'll" should either be "they'll" (lower case) or it should start a new sentence (put a period before it)

On this page:
http://www.smithsflowers.com/press/51/Fathers-Day-June-21st!

There should be a comma after "2009"
There should be a comma after "office" and "baseball game you're taking him to"
"Base ball" should be one word ... "baseball"
"Guy's" should be "Guys" ... no apostrophe

I feel like I'm being mean, I'm sorry. It does look wonderful!

If you want me to be a REAL pest and look for more typos, let me know. lol

It's gorgeous!!

I did see a couple of typos. On this page:
http://www.smithsflowers.com/press/44/Free-Valentine-Delivery

"Suprise" should be "Surprise"
"They'll" should either be "they'll" (lower case) or it should start a new sentence (put a period before it)

On this page:
http://www.smithsflowers.com/press/51/Fathers-Day-June-21st!

There should be a comma after "2009"
There should be a comma after "office" and "baseball game you're taking him to"
"Base ball" should be one word ... "baseball"
"Guy's" should be "Guys" ... no apostrophe

I feel like I'm being mean, I'm sorry. It does look wonderful!

If you want me to be a REAL pest and look for more typos, let me know. lol

Beth, I have a friend just like you. A Grammar Queen!
;)

thanks for all the great links to stuff & shops also.

Cheryl
Cheryl, thanks...and you're welcome...

The current list of shops will change. I started with FlowerChat member who show a site in their profile (for some reason many do not). I'll be adding more as I have time and track down sites for cities not listed. I have a list of 5-6 so far from customers who were told of our plans in the store.

Beth... thanks for finding the typos... that's part of the FlowerChat member teams duty ;) I'm probably the worstest typist on this forum...and with the time and speed with which I put those pages together, I did not do my due diligence on every page. Thanks for the heads up...really it is appreciated!

Anyone wishing to add the Realflorist logo to their site may feel free to snag a copy from my profile or blog here. Be advised that I do not have the trademark on RealFlorist (long story) so use at your own risk (not to worry ;) )

I have a cheap crappy site, that's why it's not here (but it is in the directory and I am taking pictures, pictures, pictures)

Boss,

Do I show a site on my profile? If I do not how do I add this. I feel like this question is well dumb. However I have been taught (I think from birth) It is the stupid person that does not ask the question.

Thank you for helping.

Boss,

Do I show a site on my profile?
Thank you for helping.
Um no...

Go to User Cp in the top menu bar, then Edit Your Details, scroll down about 2/3 of the page and you'll see a spot for Your Home Page, enter it as http://www.yourdomain.com and click Save.

Reactions: 1 person
Hi

Overall the site looks nice

For me - using windows extended desktop my 21" digital input monitor things are crisp and fit on screen but on the other monitor the menu items are very hard to read... even the white text menu, it is a 17" monitor (not digital input) and I have to use scroll wheel to see all drop down menu items

Also in testing the site, is a shopper able to shop for more than one occasion?

We have been looking for new system for our website, and one for me when I leave here, that will allow shoppers to shop for more than one occasion / destination at a time. - So far I have only found the big WS sites seem to offer this capability ??? and a local competitors site that turned out to be just flowers...

When a second item is added to the smithflowers 'shopping cart' the original item is missing - this is why I ask

We lost a huge account 4 years ago, at secretaries day as a result of our website not being able to ship for more than one purchase/delvery at a time!

Reactions: Dee Dee
Laticia, thanks for the heads up... I have a new 22 inch coming Wednesday, I'll be sure to take a closer look...

BTW, I could not find your company listed in Minneapolis as a florist, nor any web site for your company...care to sahre?

Great looking site! Love the bold eye catching color. Is this a custom made site by them? I am talking to them now and looking at everything I can so I can make up my mind on a Custom or Template of theirs. I just wish these sites would catagorize like wedding and than all Bouts, bridal bouquets together and so forth. How long in all did it take to get it where it is?

sweet!!

And look at that section recomending local florist.

You da man. thanks for the link. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to do the same!!!
That would be much appreciated amigo...

The more florists that link up, the stronger we all become as far as the SE's go...

Reactions: mikec and duanermb
Boss,

I have looked now at a few FC'ers that have the strider sites and again at yours, and I am wondering, can these websites accomidate processing of orders for more than one occasion/destination?

For instance, can a shopper order for 2 'mothers'? - Real mom (dozen roses) and the in-law (half dozen roses) for Mother's Day on one order?

Or would we actually have 2 different orders, with 2 different enclosure cards and 2 different delivery addresses and 2 trips thru checkout, one for each?

Many thanks

Thanks for adding me, Boss! I just noticed I was on there. I am adding florists a little at a time. If any of you are not on my list and want to be, (or don't want to be), let me know!

Also if someone would like me to list them under a larger city/metro area, let me know as well. As for me, I would rather be listed under Milwaukee than New Berlin because I deliver all over the Milwaukee area. But it's all good! I will be thrilled w/a New Berlin listing too.
[email protected] or a pm.
:>

Status
Not open for further replies.