Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Nov 1, 2002
Rosemead
www.goldenroseflorist.com
State / Prov
California
Ryan, With all due respect, this is your board and you may do as you see fit, but the banning of Flowersofts' George Simon in all forums but the FlowerSoft forum is denying all of retailers his unique perspective of seeing and knowing so many different flower shops across the continent. His posts, though sometimes controversial, were never evil. I really miss him chiming in on different subjects. Most of us here do not know the workings of as many flower shops as he does, that's why so many of his posts were so informative. I still enjoy Flower Chat - I joined you here from the FTDI board when you first started - and I know you appreciate honest feedback from members. I know I am not the only member that misses him. Ryan, please think about allowing him back to regular posting. If he upset you so much, then maybe a temporary suspension would do but not an indefinite ban.

Thanks again for hosting a great board. Allowing George back would make it a better, more stimulating one.

FlowerChat Member since the beginning,
Frank

I guess Ryan can do what he wants ...

and Flowersoft is a competitor or what Ryan sells ... Lass, Crass, ass, something like that .. I forget never hear about it or see it, but it is his site, he does host it, and how he wants to run it is his deal.
Opinions are nice, however if someone wants to take his ball and go home, they he can do if it he has a ball.
However those with balls usually let everyone play.

HERO

p.s. @@@@, that post just seemed to come together. lol

I'll not wholly opposed to reinstating some of George's privileges after a time.

However I want this to be clear - These restrictions are based on George's behaviour alone, not on any perceived upset or competition. Even a cursory study of the history of FlowerChat supports this.

Hero, if you truly believe that's the way I conduct myself, you ARE very welcome to leave.

Ryan

Reactions: 2 people
Geez ...

sure are touchy ...

I believe you don't want competition, if you don't, then I question your business savy.

If his banning have to do with behavior then I think I should of been banned long ago. Hell ban Luc for the breast comment, I felt that was way out of line. Did I care no, but VERY suprised that many here didn't.

HERO

p.s. Ban me from posting however I would like to still play the games, well some of them at least that haven't been tampered with.

HERO said:
and Flowersoft is a competitor or what Ryan sells ... Lass, Crass, ass, something like that .. I forget never hear about it or see it, but it is his site, he does host it, and how he wants to run it is his deal.
Opinions are nice, however if someone wants to take his ball and go home, they he can do if it he has a ball.
However those with balls usually let everyone play.

HERO

p.s. @@@@, that post just seemed to come together. lol

Din't make a bit of sense to me.
Course I am a liberal...

zedright said:
Thats sounds Canadian. A true American would not understand your actions.

Guess I'm not a "True American" then, cuz I do understand...

OK, now I don't understand ...

would the double talk please stop.

My point was I thought George was banned because he was tooting flowersofts buttons to much and saying to many derogatory things about MAS.
Now in all honesty, I didn't see the posts they were deleted, :soapbox: "CENSORSHIP", however I cant tell Ryan how to run his board, but it seemed to me that it was GFloral that was crossing all lines and Geroge was putting up an arguement without using abusive language.

Correct me if I am wrong. I wasn't around for the fire works

HERO

p.s. Bloomz, if you are a liberal, you don't understand much :iamwith:

Crap ...

zedright said:
Thats sounds Canadian. A true American would not understand your actions.

and coming from a guy in California, the left coast. Nice.

HERO

p.s. :usflag:

Unfortunately there are (based on PM's and emails to myself) many who read this board along with myself who have not said anything because we don't think it would make any difference. Ryan seems firm in his stance and as much as I disagree with it I also do not think he has an open ear on this particular issue. I say that because I have not seen any real dialogue in threads regarding George's being banned. I see accusations of George yet I do not read in George's posts evidence that even comes close to supporting what he has been accused of. Let alone isolating him as a violater and not coming down on others.

Being a flowerSoft user I also thought my opinion would be shrugged off as being biased. I know my own heart and I'm not reacting from emotion or bias. My opinion comes more from knowing right from wrong and taking the time to think it through sensibly.

Flowerchat is a great place other than what I see as this one heavily biased decision. George does indeed add a unique and valuable point of view on many florists issues since he is involved with so many florists. I also appreciate George's occasional input as a consumer which we so desperately need.

FWIW, thanks much!

Agreed Patty

All of us Registered Users should not have negitive feedbacks, or limited forum participations here. We are the only 100 or so who visit and respond here each and every day.

Infinite said:
I'll not wholly opposed to reinstating some of George's privileges after a time.

However I want this to be clear - These restrictions are based on George's behaviour alone, not on any perceived upset or competition. Even a cursory study of the history of FlowerChat supports this.

Hero, if you truly believe that's the way I conduct myself, you ARE very welcome to leave.

Ryan

Ryan, Thanks for being open to allowing George back to full-board posting. George is one of those posters that was always willing to share and help. I look forward to the day when George's dialogue is once again on the pages of FlowerChat!

Patty, what does FWIW mean?

Frank

p.s. We do not have FlowerSoft in our shop.

Blue Oyster Cult said:
All of us Registered Users should not have negitive feedbacks, or limited forum participations here. We are the only 100 or so who visit and respond here each and every day.

Does that mean we should not be responsible when we insult each other???

Or thread hijack?

Wasn't it you didn't want editing allowed so we would be held responsible for our words?

I find that very interesting.

bloomz said:
Does that mean we should not be responsible when we insult each other???

Or thread hijack?

Wasn't it you didn't want editing allowed so we would be held responsible for our words?

I find that very interesting.

Actually it was YOU mr bloomz who started this whole mess when YOU edited someone elses words using your power of moderator......REMEMBER?????

Reactions: 1 person
That's enough, boys. This forum is for suggestions, not insults or dragging up old news.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.