I really got to be there!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aileen,

I'm sorry if my words hurt your feelings. Maybe "hate" was too strong a word. Sometimes my mouth (fingers) get going faster than my brain. Don't take it personally, k?

And for the record, I've never red-dotted anyone. I think it's chickenpoo, remember? :rolleyes:

Ha! you said chickenpoo........................................oh,,that's funny.. good stuff

yeah, it's pretty safe to say, it doesn't take much to crack me up. <<<<<oh man>>>>>

ok Shannon now you got me laughing and I'm picturing Chezbloom's little chicken!! lol

Beth I do take it personally if it's directed to me. I would NEVER in my right mind even think to call anyone that or hint at that unless some action of theirs warranted me to do so. I know all too well what being discriminated against feels like...heck I just was reminded of "my place" when I was in Branson, Mo this past Sept. It was REALLY hard because I'm not the type to go around thinking every slight against me is because I am Native American/Mexican indian. So when it happened I was really stunned....so when I come back to read some of the comments made and how I was referred to it does hurt and I do take it personally. Especially when I am being red dotted and called names at the same time. ~A

You can doubt my sources.......

I do Aileen - you've cried wolf too many times lately when it comes to our new President.

You've posted some real carp in the last couple months that has been proven to be bollocks.

But I never called you a racist and never would, nor have I ever red dotted anyone over a political opinion.

I respect your right to be wrong.

You also have the right to sing the blues - how about a 12 bar in A#?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm so glad the election is over. However, calling those that voted otherwise as a diehard republican or racist is very, very wrong. I, for one is a conservative Democrat and voted based on my Christian beliefs, and life values. And if you look at me, please, please, it's really hurtful to assume that with the color of my skin, that I am racist.

I'm so glad the election is over. However, calling those that voted otherwise as a diehard republican or racist is very, very wrong. I, for one is a conservative Democrat and voted based on my Christian beliefs, and life values. And if you look at me, please, please, it's really hurtful to assume that with the color of my skin, that I am racist.

I'm not saying ANYBODY here is a racist, so please don't take this that way, but I will say this again, you don't have to be white to be a racist.

Rumors true or untrue, posting them in what I look at as a non-political thread just comes across as sour grapes. Just sayin'.

My guy didn't win, but the right guy did. The system works.

Thanks for sharing your experience Amy!

Reactions: 3 people
...if you voted for him it was either because you were a die hard republican or a racist....take your pick.

OMG ~ What a statement! Shame on you. I pick "I just didn't believe all the hype. BS is still bs no matter how eloquent the speaker."

No red dots from me, just shaking my head and logging off.

A democracy is founded on the concept of the majority prevails. When we have more registered voters participating in this election than any other in the past, more young voters, more minority voters, more poor voters, more rich voters, more business owners, more women, more religious people, more conservatives, more liberals than EVER in a presidential election then it is most likely to conclude that the choice for president was MORE representative of our population than ever before. I think the Majority spoke clearly. As an American, (Republican or Democrat or Neither) all of us should be proud that we have a voice. We should all show our patriotic spirit and respect by supporting a new president. Being able to unite and respect the process is what distinguishes us from other countries.

Reactions: 4 people
All the name calling is really unnecessary...Racist is a very very strong word to use as a generalization for a whole group of people that voted for McCain...It is offensive to say the least and unwarranted...I am very sure that many people who voted for McCain did so for many reasons other than racism...

As for Aileen, you need to quit while you are ahead...You are starting to sound like a child...Your guy didn't win. The world is a violent place, whether it be black thugs in the streets of chicago or white rednecks beating down gays in the south...Its all over and has very little to do with who is president and a whole lot to do with ideals taught to our children...It is stories like the ones you told that are tainted with fear for african americans that keep the thoughts of racism deep in our minds even if we do not consider ourselves racist...I do not consider myself racist but there lives deep in me many many years of learned fears and family opinions that shape my thinking and reactions, as does everyone elses... You can choose to react to those thoughts with childish statements or rationalize them and think about them and react with an educated statement.

We all fall victim to believing stories put out there that are less than truthful or an exageration of peoples deepest fears...I have in the passed and will in the future, but at some point you just have to stop and listen to others and realize that you may be caught up in the emotions of a situation and not the truth...

Reactions: 7 people
I pick "I just didn't believe all the hype. BS is still bs no matter how eloquent the speaker."

Doesn't "uneloquent" BS apply too?

As for Aileen, you need to quit while you are ahead...You are starting to sound like a child...Your guy didn't win.

We all fall victim to believing stories put out there that are less than truthful or an exageration of peoples deepest fears...I have in the passed and will in the future, but at some point you just have to stop and listen to others and realize that you may be caught up in the emotions of a situation and not the truth...

You kidz got your 8 year run - look what we got now - and you're the ones that created the results of this erection with the corresponding republican failures.

Barack didn't create this, the Dems didn't create this - it falls squarely on the shoulders of the people that erected Bush.

People talk about who knows about Obama, what he really is.

Well, who suspected when Dumbo was first erected he had pre-planned motives to drag us into this stupid deadly bloody unnecessary war?

I sure didn't. Course I didn't vote for the dimwit either.

At least the bar has been set so low about anyone could do better. The repubs had better prospects than McSame - they (yes you guys again) also blew it choosing a candidate with such poor judgement as well (Sarah Palin - really). I think Mitt or one of the others would have had a much stronger showing against Barack, they still would have lost, but not with such a resounding and thorough ass whooping.

The people have spoken - deal with it, just like we did last time.

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie ann
...if you voted for him it was either because you were a die hard republican or a racist....take your pick.

OMG ~ What a statement! Shame on you. ........"

My thoughts exactly.

wow

so happy that you sharred the monment with your children, i wish i was there and i am only 4 hours away.......was anybody selling Barack Roses??

DEAR LORI, NOBODY EVER WANTS TO ADMIT THAT THEY ARE RACIST< THEY JUST BELIEVE THAT ALL THE HATEFUL BELIEFS AND THINKING THEY WERE RAISED WITH IS CORRECT AND SOMEHOW THEY ARE ABOVE OTHER HUMAN......SHAMEFUL, please teach your children better

DEAR LORI, NOBODY EVER WANTS TO ADMIT THAT THEY ARE RACIST< THEY JUST BELIEVE THAT ALL THE HATEFUL BELIEFS AND THINKING THEY WERE RAISED WITH IS CORRECT AND SOMEHOW THEY ARE ABOVE OTHER HUMAN......SHAMEFUL, please teach your children better
WTH??

Frankie, I don't think you understood Lori's post, or I am not understanding yours.

I am not really sure how to quantify this post....I am a bit confused by it...and I do intend on teaching my children different, its all the other people that my children will come in contact with that I can not control that worries me...

We are all molded and shaped by every single person we come in contact with...and every news story we listen to, and every experience we have...some good some bad some indifferent but every thing that happens or we hear gets processed and interpreted by what we already know to be true and stored away as our thoughts based on our prior experiences and thoughts...sme bad, some good some indifferent...

Status
Not open for further replies.