I really got to be there!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Patty, for all your hard work!! I contributed to his campaign, but felt very guilty for not going door to door, or making phone calls. I wanted to, but never got it together. Yay for you, girl!

Ok what about the violent acts taking place during the celebration? Did they show that on the news? I have a friend whose husband is a cop and had to be there for crowd control guess what happened- numerous african americans and others throwing rocks, anything they could get their hands on at the cop cars...K-9 dogs had to be put into the cars for safety...spitting at police officers...cars with thousands of dollars of damage....dashboard cameras being told to be erased.

That is very sad! But you already pointed out how violent Chicago is.. maybe it was to be expected in a crowd that size???? I'm so glad I live in suburbs/country!

oh it wasn't one or two V.....
Leenie,

There is always going to be good and bad, that's just life.

But I tell ya, they dug hard and deep to find real dirt on Obama, and they just could find it.

I don't think Obama is this evil man that so many thinks he is. I don't believe that he is a sigh of "end of days" like I've been told. I don't believe he's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I think he's a mixed race (like me), globally diverse, well educated, level headed man.
The key word is man.

He is a man who will make mistakes. He will, there's no doubt in my mind. I believe in my heart he will do his best, and have the American people's intrests at heart.

When Bush won, I thought "well here we go" When he won again I just accepted it and got on with life. What else could I do?

Leenie,
everything will be OK, at least that is my hope.
The key word there is HOPE.

You are my friend, and I understand your fears, I really do, but give him a chance, or just accept that Obama is the pres elect. and move on like I did with Bush.

In less than 4 years this whole process will begin again.

Oh I accept it Shannon...my husband has to have respect for whomever is president. Not that we agreed with Bush either! Under the Clinton years, the military suffered and under Obama we will suffer again too.

I just wanted to point out that the news didn't show one bit of the violence that was occuring by Obama voters against the police who were there doing their jobs to ensure peace. Then to be told that their dashboard cameras were to be erased, told by higher ups that they were to be erased before they left back to their respective towns. Why the cover up? It was supposed to be a peaceful celebration... so why cover up the fact that the violence that occured was brought on NOT by angry McCain suporters but by Obama supporters? Supporters that shouted," Who's in charge now Mother F-ers?" all the while throwing rocks and stuff...trying to kill K9 dogs.
So yes, I accept that he's our soon to be president...and the rest of the McCain supporters will as well...

The problem with people like that Leenie is they don't get how ashamed Obama would be of them. Even more so Dr. King would really be embarassed of them.

That is not what Dr. King was about and it's not what Obama is about.

Their behavior is is shameful and disgraceful.

Now as far as erasing cameras and such, girl, that stuff has been going on for years, and it wont ever stop.

The thing that gets me, is if there was so much of that going on, surely somebody had a camera phone, a digital camera, etc. So maybe we will see it on the net soon.

Reactions: 1 person
We'll see!! Love ya Shannon!! Is it cold there yet? Oh I shudder to think of the drive to IL in JANUARY!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!! lol

Yes, it snowed yesterday. yuck.

but 3 days ago it was in the 70's. today it's sunny and bright but cold. I really hate cold. I don't like hot either. I can't believe you are leaving wonderful San Diego.
That is my dream place to live.

It is nice but not for us. I miss the getting ready for the season...sunshine is great but just not natural all of the time...gets to be too much. Told ya you should move out here...your shop would be a success!

IF that stuff happened, which I sort of doubt (cops aren't known for erasing dash camera footage, and Aileen, you're sources lately are questionable at best) - imagine what would have happened if McBush would have won. That would not have been a pretty picture in those same neighborhoods.

It's great to again feel proud to be an American and when I go overseas in January again - I can again proudly say "I'm from America" instead of being embarassed like I have been the last couple trips.

Rock on!

Now I guess at least you folks that lost will see sort of how we felt, (except for the huge one - we KNEW what was coming from more Dumbo - more failure), when dumbo got reerected.

Bitter pill to swallow huh?

At least most of the country are happy about it.

I know I sure am.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't even read the posts after Aileen posted. Let me clear up a few details.

My husband is a former Chicago Police officer (now works in a suburb) so we were talking with the commanders all evening and THERE WAS NOT 1 SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE AT THE RALLY. NOT 1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elsewhere in the city there may have been some people acting like asssholes... but there, no one so much as uttered an unkind word. When I read your post, I called my brother in law, a lieutenant in the 3rd district and he concurred that there were NO arrests and NO reports of violence of any kind. Please double check with your source before spreading anymore tarnishing statements. It is just not true!

The national media preys on stuff like this, so had there been 1 incident of pick-pocketing (or anything more severe) it would have been all over the news.

Jon, you took the words right from my fingers. ;)

I watched CBC. They generally show all aspects of news, far more dimensional. As a matter of fact CBC was on the inpromptu rally in front of the Whitehouse... certainly before any U.S. newscasts. Even CNN and Fox didn't report any incidences (yes I flipped on to Fox occasionally). So I too took Aileen's reports with a wee bit of salt.

I truly hope the bitterness ebbs because it's counterproductive to life in general.

V

Tried to give you a greenie Amy... ;)

V

Sad ain't it?

At least I started bashing Bush after he proved what a lying POS he is.

I for one am extatic that Barak Obama won. This man was number 1 in his harvard law school graduating class.I don't care that he is bi-racial.....You will not hear him refer to himself as african american. My husband has had the pleasure of working with him when he was in the Illinois House of Rep. He said he was a brilliant man. Such a difference from our current President. Hopefully Obama will choose his cabinet by their smarts......my take on the election was...if you voted for him it was either because you were a die hard republican or a racist....take your pick.And that is my Two cents worth:)

I can't even read the posts after Aileen posted. Let me clear up a few details.

My husband is a former Chicago Police officer (now works in a suburb) so we were talking with the commanders all evening and THERE WAS NOT 1 SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE AT THE RALLY. NOT 1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elsewhere in the city there may have been some people acting like asssholes... but there, no one so much as uttered an unkind word. When I read your post, I called my brother in law, a lieutenant in the 3rd district and he concurred that there were NO arrests and NO reports of violence of any kind. Please double check with your source before spreading anymore tarnishing statements. It is just not true!

The national media preys on stuff like this, so had there been 1 incident of pick-pocketing (or anything more severe) it would have been all over the news.

Thank you, Amy. I'm sorry your inspiring thread full of excitement and wonder was tarnished by hate. It's disgusting, and sadly, I'm afraid we're in for more and more of it. Makes me sick! (((((Hugs)))))

You can doubt my sources...I know my friends husband is a detective with an outside town that had to work the event...what would he gain from lying about such things? Calling me a racist is rude...i'm far from that...saying that a dear friend of mine is a liar is rude. You tell me when have I ever personally attacked any of you...you can't because I haven't done it!! Red dot me all you want that doesn't bother me...don't proceed to tell me that I am spreading hate. How is it that anyone for Obama can say what they want but as soon as someone that is not on that side is called a racist, hate spreader and such. It's a double standard and hypocritical to say the least. You can speak freely as long as it's for the liberal side otherwise you're called a racist. RUDE...plain RUDE....

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.