Installation today for Art in Bloom

Nov 22, 2009
West Saint Paul
any-timeflowers.com
State / Prov
Minnesota
Minneapolis Institute of Art. The event starts today and goes through Sunday. If you're in the area check it out, I saw some great pieces.

I was down in the lobby getting a cart and there was a line of florists waiting to be checked in. They had to go through several different check points and the last one was looking over the actual flowers. One florist had several BUNCHES of alstro and they would not let her go into the museum until every last bit of pollen was removed from each blossom. I've never participated in it, but if I ever do, note to self.......

So I made two of these, the flowers and foliages were donated by Len Busch Roses in Plymouth, MN. They grow gerbs and have been having a bumper crop so that's what they wanted to donate. Okay, I can work with that. It started out as the president of our association asking on facebook for ideas on how to use a couple hundred assorted gerbs. I ended up planning and executing the design.

There are also three more designers in this world who now can weave palms!!! We spent a couple hours making nautilus shells to be used as funky leaves on my funkier "blossoms".

P1010519.jpgP1010518.jpgP1010517.jpg