Status
Not open for further replies.

CFD

Dec 27, 2003
Beaufort
carolinafloraldesign.com
State / Prov
SC
I Have An Outdoor Wedding On Aug 7 -- The Heat Index Is Already 110, Why They Would Have It Outdoors In Aug Is Beyond Me, But Anyway.... I Have To Decorate A Permenant Arch With Ivy. ( The Brides Name Is Ivy So Have To Use Lots Of It, Per Mom) The Archway Is About 9' High By 4' Wide By About 30" Deep. Much Larger Than A Rental One. I Can't Just Buy A Standard Garland Because They Want It Covered With Ivy And Accented With Flowers . Flowers Will Be Callas, Roses, Bb, Typical Wedding Flowers. What Is The Best Way For Me To Put The Garland On This Trelles Type Arch? And How Would You Add The Flowers. Thanks For Any Suggestions.

I would hang Ivy baskets on the arch (order them long, from a greenhouse) and then paint the hanging basket Moss Green.

I would then drop chuncks of Oasis into thhe Ivy pots, and add greens and flowers...next attach Oasis Cages to the arch where you want the flowers to be, and go from there....

mark

Would you be allowed to use artificial IVY on the archway. THe one I rent out is always made in artificila and looks great. I also have articials rose vines around the archway also.
Maybe a few ideas. Sound like a lot of work. Make sure you count everything and ad a little bit extra just in case.
Luc

My answer depends on their budget and the 'sturdiness' of the arch -

Lower price/light weight arch: Frame out with cut ivy (that has been treated with green-glo or similar anti-transpirant) by weaving it through the lattice. (Note: it takes lots of ivy since you'll need to use it both inside and outside the frame to create a 'grown there' effect.) Add single crescent bouquet on the face to frame the opening. Something like this -
w03_submarine_base_point_loma_arch.jpg

Better budget: More of the same with the ivy. Use dried honeysuckle vine to create depth, focussing materials on the front area. Use Oasis bouquet holders (takes 10-12) and add those clusters to give a more visually powerful floral statement. Something like this -
Strawberry_Farms_Arch.jpg

Note:
-I'd nix the callas in the decor since they don't usually show well in photos (especially mixed in with fluffy ivy.)
-Remember that these types of designs take a lot of time so charge accordingly.
-The use of ivy in pots sounds interesting but you'll need to figure out how to hide the pots and make sure the arch frame will bear the weight.
- Don't forget the ladder(s), sunscreen and drinking water!

HTH

rose petals

Rosie.What formula do you use for solid rose petals down the aisle........must have been in a new mag cause the last three brides coming in have asked for petals to cover the aisle runners completely.TIA,
Sher

Sher, just saw two episodes of For Better or For Worse on TLC that utilized the petals...could explain the questions for them.

there is some very realistic ivy on the market. Could you mix in artificial and fresh? A base of artificial and then accent with fresh using cages and iglus for a water source.

If you want to use fresh ivy, spray it with dresden glaze and it will stay perfect for the whole wedding. No wilt and it gives it a slight sheen. Looks great!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.