Article Job Opportunities at Teleflora

Hmmm... work at home... they must be planning on selling a lot on TF.coN and funneling it to local florists...

Reactions: anytimeflowers
We should apply for those shop and just funel tthe orders through our shops....

Hi my name is lucas, I am from Pakistani!

I agree with Luc, double dip, send to ourselves, paid us the missed commissions..............he's on to something. Hello, my name is Rick, I know I sound southern, I'm from Southern Pakistan.

Reactions: Rhonda
I've heard they are in the process or have already shut down their call center in the Phillipines, I would bet that this is what they are trying to replace it with even if only on a trial basis. I know there are many, many companies that are moving this direction with their call centers- just shifting it over to stay at home moms who have the calls redirected directly to them which pays a higher wage than in other countries but with virtually no overhead. I think it is an interesting idea and at least then the money is staying in the country.

I've heard they are in the process or have already shut down their call center in the Phillipines, I would bet that this is what they are trying to replace it with even if only on a trial basis. I know there are many, many companies that are moving this direction with their call centers- just shifting it over to stay at home moms who have the calls redirected directly to them which pays a higher wage than in other countries but with virtually no overhead. I think it is an interesting idea and at least then the money is staying in the country.
I agree with you Christi...may as well be "conned" by your own people..."Hello, my name is Mike, yes I speak engalish, may I relieve you of your worries??....oh yes, wery goot, YES, I can guarantee dat your tulips and hyancinths will arrive for Christmus"......

I agree that it is good they are bringing the jobs back home. With our unemployment as high as it is, they will have no trouble filling the 500 spots.

That being said, they are shifting away from call centers where a room full of people are supervised by at least one person who can answer client questions. Now they will have 500 rooms with one person who has been minimally trained and limited access to a supervisor. Add that to the fact that Americans (how can i say this?) are freaking lazy, and have no sense of responsibility to their employers or a job well done. Sounds like a formula for another successful holiday season.

In all fairness, TF, FTD, or Blooms can do nothing positive in my eyes. Their business model requires them to take profits from my business in order to make any for themselves.

Make no mistake... this is ALL about gathering orders first, and then consoling disappointed CONsumers after the fact...

But they're doing it to "save the florists" don;t ya know...

I have a colleague who works exclusively with phone sales agents, both for cold calling and sales. He provides top-notch training, as well as part- and full-time sales staff on contract. He hires almost exclusively stay-at-home moms, trains them well, and ensures they are well paid.

The model works well ... don't underestimate TF's move here.