Joe Cool Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss and Dee Dee,

I am really not trying to scmooze or ignore anyone. I am try to just give honest answers. When it comes to colored glass, here are some basic facts that we know. Boss, I agree with you 100% that having the color in the glass as opposed to painting the glass provides a higher quality. But it also costs quite a bit more to put the color in. That is one of the reasons the cobalt seems so expensive. This is an issue we have wrestled with for several years. As we talk to retailers and get feedback from the industry on of the things we hear most is that they want inexpensive colored glass. To meet that need, painting is the only option. Now, even though we paint the glass, we have put together a pretty complete testing process to insure that the paint doesn't crack, peel, bleed, etc. In fact, one of our test requires us to run it through a dishwasher.

Again, not trying to ignore anyone. If I don't get your question answer let me know and I will try again.

Now, even though we paint the glass, we have put together a pretty complete testing process to insure that the paint doesn't crack, peel, bleed, etc. In fact, one of our test requires us to run it through a dishwasher.
Joe, I know you were not ignoring me... more like I was shooting at you... If I don't run you off nobody else will either ;)... it's all good.

I understand the demand for *cheap* colored glass...but there are some of us that would pay the extra price to get better quality... back when you folks were getting ready to discontinue it, I bought out one wholesaler and had stock that lasted about 9 months...

From what I have seen trying to use it, it gets scratched on metal cooler shelves, it scratches when two vases rub against each other, and honestly in my opinion, it looks cheap (not your fault).

Not trying to pick on you personally, just giving you my unsolicited/biased opinion... I'm like that :ssmoke

Boss,

Thanks for being honest. That is why I joined the forum. We want to get this kind of feedback. Believe me we want the bad with the good, hopefully more good than bad of course. I am just waiting to receive my first groan. :) I will take your feedback and share it with the organization.

Question Joe - Since Syndicate Sales bought out Brody and Indiana Glass - I do know that Brody had quite a line of colored glass - Are you keeping the manufacturing processses and production centers that Brody and Indiana glass used......Indiana also had quite a line of translucent colored glass as well.

Since you did aquire those companies, and they ALREADY had a successful line of colored glass product, It makes good common sense to keep that product line going, just marketing it under your umbrella. Sacrificing an existing line that meets the customer's needs because it belonged to another company would not be the smartest thing in the world to do.

Rick, I understand your point too... but for me, the Brody glass is sub-par compared to Syndicate's...

RWK,

We did keep a lot of the Indiana and Brody colored glass vases in our line. Some of it was already being discontinued when we made the purchase so you may not see all of their items. The actual processes and production facilities have changed. The old facility was being closed. So the product is being made in a different facility. Hopefully, between the products that we were able to keep and the new products we are developing, you will be able to find the vases you are looking for.

Boss, Mostly I was assuaging my own curiosity - Me personally, I am not a huge fan of translucent colored glass - It is more costly to make, but I much prefer opaque glass or clear glass.

Much of the Brody line was opaque - I also like Syndicate's Opaque sandstone glass line......it is glass with a sand textured coating.

I find I can be a lot more creative with foam applications and designs in glass if the glass is opaque, rather than clear or translucent.

Status
Not open for further replies.