Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
Ok, the Jukebox is live - and I'm hoping it's in full effect, too :)

Click on Quicklinks from the NavBar at the top of the screen and choose the Jukebox.

Rules:
1) Max 5MB per song
2) Please respect our storage limitations and only upload 5 songs per user right now.
3) If you are a member, you are welcome to upload and play songs as much as you like.
4) We are going with the honour system - please don't upload anything you don't have a legal right to have. I really don't feel like being visited by the good folks at RIAA :)

Enjoy!

Thanks Ryan!

Now this should be fun! Wow that was a fast request.

Added: A'm I missing something? I clicked on your Superfly song and did not see any responce other that the messages in the box said something like "now playing...Nothing" also what is the message about that say's about needing to upgrade the membership?

Blue Oyster Cult said:
Now this should be fun! Wow that was a fast request.

Added: A'm I missing something? I clicked on your Superfly song and did not see any responce other that the messages in the box said something like "now playing...Nothing" also what is the message about that say's about needing to upgrade the membership?

Happened to me too. I thought it might just be me.

Um ... crap. Little detail, like enabling permissions for everyone else ... yeah, that would help. :)

Ryan

Ok - there seems to be a problem in the code - the system is not triggering the music player. I'll have to look into it further.

Ryan

I can name that tune in... hummmmmmmmmm.... FORTY SEVEN NOTES. :) Hey Ryan, we have an arcade, a juke box, a chat room.... where is the bar?!?!?! ;)

V

Doug Hatcher said:
Can we also have a game of "Name That Rap Song"?
Only if you "sing" first :)

The "Red River Remix" of Drop it like it's hot?

Unlimited possabilities Victoria! :tunes:

I think the idea is kind of neet...each member can listen and or upload 5 of their favorites to the juke box and we can all listen if we choose. Have a line item of who uploaded what?

Ryan, I was wondering since I have not been able to "hear" the Superfly tune, is the file of music songs somehow not running thru Real Player on my computer?

Also Ryan....phew..Winders Media Player? I like Real Player cuz it doesn't stop me from making copys of my CD's. Just a thought...

p.s I hear the music now..thru Media Player. dang I thought the Superfly song was from the late 70's! I'll see if I can figure out this downloading of songs.

Doug Hatcher said:
I always took FORTY SEVEN BARS

I KNEW IT.... you found the bar/s ;)

As for rap... yes sir... your idea, you're the first to "rap" it. Ryan has the right idea for you... a rap piece about Red River cereal.

V

Ok I download a Rolling Stones song

Not sure where it is...also the system seems to not play any other song than Superfly in the lists..could be the winders media player thing. At least were getting somewhere! Wow what a 24 hour beta test ride!.

Yep the other selections do not seem to override the opening song which is Superfly. I'm sure this will be tweeked! Where is my song download within?

Ok, the Juke Box works :)

I've been able to play both the default Superfly and Amber.

Uploads must be under 5MB. If you are having trouble uploading a song, please email me at [email protected] with all the song details, including file size. I want to attend to any problems we find.

I have also fixed a potential bug in the upload routine, so that should solve Blue's problem.

Ryan

your list is there but the only one to play is Superfly. I click on your other two entrys and the original Superfly stops playing and Nothing is heard again until I exit and reenter the juke box and again the Superfly song plays.

HTH

Blue Oyster Cult said:
your list is there but the only one to play is Superfly. I click on your other two entrys and the original Superfly stops playing and Nothing is heard again until I exit and reenter the juke box and again the Superfly song plays.

HTH
Help me out - what browser are you using?

Ryan

Like I said, my music file was generated using Real Player and I upload the song and everything is doing fine but the last of the download seems to just sit and spin until it times out?

Blue Oyster Cult said:
ie..Ouch! 6.0
Sounds like the file is too big - is it nder the 5MB cap?

Also, what file format is it? Real Player might be producing Real Media format songs that won't work. We're looking for WMA or MP3 type stuff.

I've tested in IE and everything works there. After you click on a new song, give it about 10 sec to start. Depending on your computer speed and internet connection speed it could take a bit. I'm on a fast PC with DSL, so there's no delay here at all.

Ryan

Do I need to convert the music file to a MP compressed file or something? I just cannot see where I can save a CD song into a compressed file. Help me out if you can and please remember some of my CD's will not copy using MP to do a "Burn" onto a Disc, only Real Player seems to always work when making Copy's.

p.s I'm on cable modem which is faster than DSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.