Juke Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Oyster Cult said:
Do I need to convert the music file to a MP compressed file or something? I just cannot see where I can save a CD song into a compressed file. Help me out if you can and please remember some of my CD's will not copy using MP to do a "Burn" onto a Disc, only Real Player seems to always work when making Copy's.

p.s I'm on cable modem which is faster than DSL.
I'm not too familiar with Real Player, I haven't used it in years. Maybe someone else here uses it and can suggest something? Otherwise, try using Windows Media Player to make WMA files. They are smaller than MP3.

Ryan

PS - DSL can be faster than cable ;) Depends on your DSL

Ok I'm uploading

Ryan, I used WMP and uploaded a Sammy Hagar song which shows up in the list however I cannot hear any of the songs in the lists. I click on the play button in the "screen" of MP in the upper right hand corner but no Audio.

Were getting there....I think this is just a few glitches to iron out..

p.s. I'm impressed how far we have taken this! in just two days.

Also some side notes

Since the screen shot of the WMP window in your page in the jukebox section I haven't been able to receive audio. I tried this with WMP and Real Player.

Uploads work fine using WMP. Clicks of the song list with Audio are not working.

What version of Windows Media Player do you use?

Is it the default for MP3, WMA and MPEG files?

You're using IE 6.0, right? Do you have any security software running that might interfere? Have you disabled audio playback in the IE settings?

I have tested the Juke Box on a few different computers, and it works fine. I hope we can sort out the playback issues you're having.

Ryan

I clicked on Three Lock Box and it says it was ripped from a CD and I must obtain a license to play this song, etc. blah, blah, blah.

Dat's not gude.

I just "dropped"...

a CD into my cd player....funny, it's working fine!!
My, my, how "adults" can't figure out "kids" strategies.....

Yup ... Blue's songs are licensed. Need to either adjust the WMP settings or find a different program to rip MP3s from the CDs.

Ryan

Lady Biker Florist said:
I clicked on Three Lock Box and it says it was ripped from a CD and I must obtain a license to play this song, etc. blah, blah, blah.

Dat's not gude.

That's why I don't like using WMP, when using Real Player you don't get the license blah blah blah.

Infinite said:
Yup ... Blue's songs are licensed. Need to either adjust the WMP settings or find a different program to rip MP3s from the CDs.

Ryan

I'm going to look deeper into Real Player, right now I'm using the free version which doesn't have all the tools to use....heck I might as well spend the $19.95 for the full version upload.

Just cannot get the hang if it...Ryan please delete the song entrys I have uploaded.

:help: Guess this 45 year old rocker need to go back to computer school! I do like however the real player over the WMP since it has less intrusions of copying a CD with all the licence blah blah.

Ryan under (real) some of the songs are under 5MB before even compressing the file to MP3 so I just don't understand why the file seems to be to big for your server. Hummm maybe we need a dual play feature software? WMP and/or Real?

I had no trouble at all...go ahead and get the license. I have SOOOOO much music...it's on my slave HD. For those of you that have Windows Media Player...go ahead and do the upgrade or maybe turn up your speakers...lol

Blue Oyster Cult said:
Just cannot get the hang if it...Ryan please delete the song entrys I have uploaded.

:help: Guess this 45 year old rocker need to go back to computer school! I do like however the real player over the WMP since it has less intrusions of copying a CD with all the licence blah blah.

Ryan under (real) some of the songs are under 5MB before even compressing the file to MP3 so I just don't understand why the file seems to be to big for your server. Hummm maybe we need a dual play feature software? WMP and/or Real?
In Windows Media Player:
Tools -> Options -> Rip Music -> Rip Settings -> Clear the check box that says Copy Protect Music.

See if that does it.

Ryan

Ok... I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I have this great CD that I'd like to share but I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.