Just shoot me! Be prepared for WHINE

well crud, it's not getting any better. woke up this am to a cold house. furnace is not working properly!!

just dig the debt hole a little deeper.

at least the snow is moving around us and not on us. he he he. good to see MR SUN third day in a row. he he he...

Reactions: anytimeflowers
You guys are making me feel real good about life...yay me!!

I'll still bring some real good cheese, I am on a first name basis with my cheese monger at wholefoods..He and I have cheese tastings of artisan cheeses once a month...he lets me in on the rarest of kinds, it is so nice and he knows just what I like...so nice..

well- farts and fags really made me laugh... I'll be walking or working and hear in my head a british accent says "farts and fags" and I laugh so hard I snort!
Ahhh man that's awesome.
BTW- good luck with that!

The handle on the back of our Scion just broke off today. Can't take it completely off because it has wires in it for the light so.......it was ducktaped back on! How classy is that?

Hard to tell how much that's gonna cost not the mention the PIA of not being able to use the back of the car. sigh....

The handle on the back of our Scion just broke off today. Can't take it completely off because it has wires in it for the light so.......it was ducktaped back on! How classy is that?

Hard to tell how much that's gonna cost not the mention the PIA of not being able to use the back of the car. sigh....

The back handle of our scion broke off a few months ago and we also have it duck taped on. Nothing like squeezing sprays through the side door. Since then I've noticed 2 scions with ducktaped back handles.

My driver has figured out how to press somehow to open it still. Everytime I try it rebreaks so I stick with the side door until we can fathom the thought of spending money on that right now.

Apologies to anyone who thought the word 'fags' was ment as anything other than cigarettes. There are a fair few words that have different meaning at each side of the pond. I must admit one or two things that mean something very mundane in the US is a little rude in the UK. It makes me giggle.

ok--here's my whine
Been paving our road for over three months--two flat tires--yesterday--new radiator and two new tires--waiting for the van we use little car--- and "pop" one flat tire need a new one--not fixable!
Can not make $$$ fast enough for the repair bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The back handle of our scion broke off a few months ago and we also have it duck taped on. Nothing like squeezing sprays through the side door. Since then I've noticed 2 scions with ducktaped back handles.

My driver has figured out how to press somehow to open it still. Everytime I try it rebreaks so I stick with the side door until we can fathom the thought of spending money on that right now.

Hey girls with the broken Scion handles check this out... http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f16ed18

scroll down to bottom last couple of posts and read:

Note: Based on my complaint, Toyota Scion customer service (866-707-2466) has agreed to a one time reimbursement for the full cost of part. Would not pay for labor or arrange for its installation.

hth

Apologies to anyone who thought the word 'fags' was ment as anything other than cigarettes. There are a fair few words that have different meaning at each side of the pond. I must admit one or two things that mean something very mundane in the US is a little rude in the UK. It makes me giggle.

Oh Yeah?! Like what?

So I have a pen pal that live in Manchester (salford) since I was 12 years old. We are very good friends. He came to my wedding and also he came and spent time with me and Donnie several Thanksgivings ago.

Anyhoo- I had heard about "dicks" in England...really wanted one. So he brought me one from Marks and Spencers. I just couldn't help but crack up when he gave it to me, he just shook his head at his silly American friend.

Oh Yeah?! Like what?

So I have a pen pal that live in Manchester (salford) since I was 12 years old. We are very good friends. He came to my wedding and also he came and spent time with me and Donnie several Thanksgivings ago.

Anyhoo- I had heard about "dicks" in England...really wanted one. So he brought me one from Marks and Spencers. I just couldn't help but crack up when he gave it to me, he just shook his head at his silly American friend.

oh,oh Shannon, my mind flew right to the gutter.............. :) :)

Ok here goes the difference in the use of woulds at both sides of the pond. Fags are cigarettes but also homosexuals but it's not commonally used anymore. You have fanny bags or pouches well to us - it's ladies private parts. You eat weeners (not sure if spelt correctly) they are sausages I think correct me if I'm wrong. Well in the UK they are well mens dangly bits (trying not to affend anyone with this). Yes we eat spotted dick - it is a sweet suet pudding with raisins in it , traditionally ate hot with custard. We also have faggots (don't choke) they are a ckind of meatball magde from pork (mainly the not so yummy bits) mixed with breadcrumbs and herbs, normally served in gravy. Not eaten that much anymore but everyone knows of 'Brains Faggots' Brains was the company that makes them. So as you can see there are a few. Hope I didn't upset anyone but you asked. ;-)

I love native colloquialisms.

the last time we drove out East thru Canada, the wait staff kept asking if we want pea meal bacon for breakfast. Both kids were grossed out as they dislike peas. We found out that Pea meal was the brand of Canadian bacon. :)

OH MAN!!! I'm over here CRACKING UP!!! My hubby says "what's so dam* funny?"
I think I woke up all the neighbors laughing!! And it's only 7 am! Oh man- I got tears running down my face. This was the best thread ever- too funny!

Can you imagine!-

"Hey mom- Whats for dinner?"

"Well hand me my fanny bag and lets see how much money I have! OK lets see here- OH yay! We have enough money for a delicious dinner of Brains Faggots and for desert- Spotted Dick! OH YUM!!!"

To that dinner of ..... Brains, Faggots, and Spotted Dick.......I'll bring some yummy Mountain Oysters, Lamb fries, Chitlin's and Eagle nuts to the table.

Will let you guess what yummy dishes these things are.......

In Canada we have a thing called poutine.
It's fries covered in cheese and beef gravy....absolutely delicious. Best thing ever.
When we were in the states, a friend of ours asked the waitress for poutine and she thought he said 'pountang' (slang for a woman privates) and she just about smacked him until he explained.
We had no idea that was a Canadian only thing until then....

In Canada we have a thing called poutine.
It's fries covered in cheese and beef gravy....absolutely delicious. Best thing ever.
When we were in the states, a friend of ours asked the waitress for poutine and she thought he said 'pountang' (slang for a woman privates) and she just about smacked him until he explained.
We had no idea that was a Canadian only thing until then....
hmm, my grandkids call them "stinky fries"..... I love them for lunch!!! Up north in "Acadian French land" near Madawaska, they call it Poutine... here we call them "Penobscot Fries".......