lyndana Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a difficult one V, I just worry about the florist around the corner from her? What if they have membership here, who would take precident? Maybe a poll would be appropriate to all members once and for all perhaps?? I dont feel i have been here long enough to make important decisions but certainly will give my view.

I want to point out that my comments are genuinely not aimed at this applicant, sorry Lyndana that this topic has come up in your thread.

Oh thats ok.

At the moment I am pretty much servicing my regular customers and referrals which keeps me quite busy, believe me. I obviously had to let my assistant go when the shop deteriorated structurally, but at the moment I am surrounded by, eat sleep and live with flowers. I am hoping this long winded argument with the Council (for you people over the pond thats the people that administer all the goings on collect the money, keep the streets clean etc) who were my landlords is soon over so that I can obtain new premises, as quite frankly doing the level of work I am doing from my home is not only tedious but irritating in the extreme! Now that my website is up, I am hoping my silk packages become popular - I have done several for customers in the past but am now casting the net wider, hopefully to ship to other parts of the country.

As for the other florist locally - crikey when I worked in Plymouth there were 3-4 on every street - competition keeps you sharp! :)

Oh thats ok.........- crikey when I worked in Plymouth there were 3-4 on every street - competition keeps you sharp! :)

I hereby nominate this phrase for quote of the millenium !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in the small town that I am......We only have ONE shop. I do freelance there from time to time......

A lot of us complain about "home based businesses, basement bettys, grocery store florists, internet retailers, d'OG's, etc. " and that they are taking business away from us.

This is that COMPETITION and we MUST use our BRAINS and create ways for us to take that business BACK in our local areas.

Oh thats ok.

At the moment I am pretty much servicing my regular customers and referrals which keeps me quite busy, believe me. I obviously had to let my assistant go when the shop deteriorated structurally, but at the moment I am surrounded by, eat sleep and live with flowers. I am hoping this long winded argument with the Council (for you people over the pond thats the people that administer all the goings on collect the money, keep the streets clean etc) who were my landlords is soon over so that I can obtain new premises, as quite frankly doing the level of work I am doing from my home is not only tedious but irritating in the extreme! Now that my website is up, I am hoping my silk packages become popular - I have done several for customers in the past but am now casting the net wider, hopefully to ship to other parts of the country.

As for the other florist locally - crikey when I worked in Plymouth there were 3-4 on every street - competition keeps you sharp! :)

I have enough reasons to be kept sharp Lyndana, i have to assume that maybe one day a lady who works from home in my town able to undercut me applies for membership here. Would i want to chat openly, answer No!!

I would personally not open a shop that has 3-4 florists on every street, to me that is just bad business sense. I would also thoroughly check out a building before leasing it, and if it turned out bad, get another..

And it's not easy. But then many worthwhile things require hard work.

What I see with this applicant is someone who is trying to make lemonade from lemons. She's trying to stay in business.

V

Reactions: Zoe@Florist2Florist
Status
Not open for further replies.