make14me Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
adding to my intro

hi everyone my name is abby
im and artist painter and the glass vases used by florist are my medium canvas:headbang:
i really have enjoyed the idea of taking somthing and makeing it a keep sake
i joined this forum to meet florist from all over the country in hopes of connecting and doing business together
i don't have a shop, just a studio , and ship my vases out all over the country
here in NY where i live , how i work with florist is either to give them a framed photo of my ad with a business card holder for them to display in thier shop
or rent shelf space from them...and or consignment

im interested in doing this all over the country with othrs that would think thier clients may want a work of art to go with the thier flowers

feel free to contact me
im looking foward to meeting other florist from all over the country

much love and success
abby

Hi Abby, Thanks for your interest in our community. I have a couple of additional questions. I realize that you have a studio, but do you have a proper business license and pay taxes on the business?

As for your product, are they water safe (we have had some hand painted vases where the paint came off when they got wet)? Do you mass produce the patterns, or are they each one of a kind? What is your lead time & how do you ship?

Sorry to be so nosy, it's just that this is a forum for professional florists (and a few vendors here & there) and I want to make sure you and your business are given a fair chance. Thanks!

no problem

yes i do have a business license and tax id #
the paint i use is enamel , so it does not wash off at all...i have tested them, and if for any reason , i always offer touch ups for life
all are one of a kind...i always use the brides color sheme if i have to do many centerpieces , yet not the same pattern
lead time depends on when you need things....i like to have at least a couple of weeks if its more then 10
also i will ship many ways..ups fedex usps..even greyhound bus service has a great way to ship...if you do not live too far away...next bus out , and i like that sometimes only one handler

and no its not nosy at all...i don't mind that you asked , and actually it shows that you care , and thats cool:thumbsup

id just like to add a lil somethingelse

im new to this board and i really have to say i love that you all know your biz...its a pleasure when folks like and enjoy what they do

YES i am just a VENDOR! to some of you
and NOPE...i could care less what some folks think
business is what it is...and i have an opinion of the florist that i have done business with to
yet IM A ARTIST!...just like you all feel very passionate about what you all do, so do i
it may not be for all of you, and yes i agree , that i feel the same way sometimes
i liove flowers and the arrangements yet i to have my personal feeling about things too...maybe thats why i chose to make vases my canvas!

so if my reputation will be what it is to some of you so be it...im not at all dicourage by what sometimes seems to be the same ole same ole
so to be honest ..yeah i am being honest and i appreciate when art recognizes art...anyone can put the same tierd arrangements i have seen with alot of florist i work with ...and thats money in the bank..yet , when i decided to get started doing this , i got together with a florist that thought it was an amazing challenge , and was so much more then the ordinary
and for that i value the love and respect of someone that wants to make a lasting floral impression that last a lifetime
there is great history in the wedding vase...and i always follow up with my brides...and i know when the flowers have lost thier life...it won't just be something that winds up with junk in it ...or full of pennies
or taken away by the florist yo reuse for another event

also there is alot of gifts that the brides need to buy for folks...and as a favor , its a work of art...not stale almonds that noone will really want to eat...or the same ole same ole

so i just want to let you all know how i feel
it may not be for you
yet ....for me...and those with vision
its great!

thank you amy

i want to thank you for asking me what you did, and posting it here...

and
i would also like to thank the persons who did not post
yet said what they wanted out of view

to the one
that said my vases where lovely, yet this was a board for pros in the flower biz and this was not the place for me.
.....I PAINT FLOWER VASES!...seems like a good place to meet florist!:iamwith:

for the person that said i seem nice...yet am just a VENDOR
....yes im nice...yet keep in mind that IM AN ARTIST and im sensative about my
sh--

and for the person that gave me a flat out NOPE
karma is a boomerang!:bangles:
with that being said
if there is anyone that is interested in my services don't hesitate to contact me
im a nice person....but a phoney im NOT:thumbsup

Abby,

Thanks for joining FlowerChat. If you're a licensed business and vendor to the floral industry you are certainly welcome here.

To those who voted "no" because Abby is a vendor - I'm sorry to say that's not a valid reason. Vendors are most welcome - we have JHC in the house, POS systems, growers, wholesalers, wire services... Being a vendor qualifies someone for membership, it does not disqualify.

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
easy killer.....

You Abby, obviously don't know much about this board.

Yes there are everyday shops here and there are also some industry leaders and some just flat out famous designers.

I'd be a tiny bit more careful of such a rant this early in your posting on flower chat..
You NEVER know who may be watching.

BTW, I posted this here so all could see since you seem to be offended by how the FC system for new applicants works.

I rarely vote yes or no when it comes to new applicants. I need to be really impressed or totally offended anymore to care one way or the other.

Amy at Wildflowers is one of my best buddies, and I respect her opinion.

So when and if you are accepted, I hope you continue to post, because believe it or not, I like the posts that go into a little rant now and then...

just be careful of WHO you are ranting to,,,, that is my point.

good luck. I wish your business all the success.

Hello and welcome,

I think it is wonderful that you would like to reach out to florists for your business, but do you want to be part of our community?? Your vase are very pretty..and probably something some would love to buy..

I believe that in the rules of vendors you will only be able to post about your wares once per month...Will you be willing to chat and communicate at other times. Are there floral or art subjects that you think you will be able to contribute to conversations about separate from your product???

If so, i would have no problems with your being a member....but if all this will be about is your product and getting spammed with it daily that is not what we are about and do not take offense, I am not suggesting that this is what your intentions are, just getting the info out there...

every industry has people like that

and that is why i felt the need to thank them too...

shannon your right i don't know whos on this board

i didn't come here with any sort of bad feeling at all
....and im sure that all the people that are so important that i have to watch out for have encountered the same sort of thing that i felt when i read that

if i felt i was in a place that truly was off issue for what i was doing , i could understand
i think anything a bit new and new folks and ideas tend to make folks have a slit second reaction
and for sure ...i understand

yet common sense is always not so comman

anyone can say bad things about folks if they feel somehow threatened by their talent ,,,and usually those are the folks that can't admit they have none

im just a person who wanted to meet florist from all over the country and intraduce my HAND PAINTED 1-of-a-kind Glass vases...that you put FLOWERS in

...if that brings out those type of folks .....then so be it
....yet it also brings out the type of folks the recognize that sometimes its nice to see something diffrent

i don't know much about flowers ....just my observation , as others that have observed me gave thier opinion

if anyone feels put off by what i wrote ...then how do you think i felt?

i certaintly hope the right type of person , can understand the way i feel
IM NOT A FLORIST!
yet...the fast nope is also wants what you have!!! in other ways...so stupid i am not!

i may not have input about how to arrange flowers , and maybe from working in catering i have the guts to say things about what i see....you are correct this is your industry...not mine

yet as an observer ,
and
also one of the reasons i got started was the same feeling i have when a close friend was getting married
....she went to see florist i recommened her to...and she felt the same way....board!

so i hope you don't take it as a put down

i really do have a wonderful sense os humor about not being a florist
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2908/redvasebanner1dl3.jpg
this is one of my ads...morticia adams...(flowers not included)

if i never post again
as i have said in closing
if you are interested in my hand painted 1-of-a-kind glass vases
you know how to reach me

if i came in ranting .....sorry you feel that way....
i was not hoping to get negative attention....yet...
im sure you will remember me , if you ever see my vases..
i came here to make business contacts...and ...maybe even a few freinds

it was a pleasure regardless

Hello and welcome,

I think it is wonderful that you would like to reach out to florists for your business, but do you want to be part of our community?? Your vase are very pretty..and probably something some would love to buy..

I believe that in the rules of vendors you will only be able to post about your wares once per month...Will you be willing to chat and communicate at other times. Are there floral or art subjects that you think you will be able to contribute to conversations about separate from your product???

If so, i would have no problems with your being a member....but if all this will be about is your product and getting spammed with it daily that is not what we are about and do not take offense, I am not suggesting that this is what your intentions are, just getting the info out there...

actually... thats cool......i have nothing more to say about.....my product
im not that type of vendor

i kinda like all the other chatter ...our govermant , sports and everyday stuff....so lets be friends..
you know what i do, and i know what you do

id like to think there was other things going on beside biz
that we can get to know eachother with

so i think im looking foward to that more

Welcome to Flowerchat!

I for one like having vendors on the board. Gives them the opportunity to see the not so glamourous life of a florist!! Your glass vases are really beautiful.

Look forward to reading your posts.

PS. Love the line "common sense is always not so common"

well, it looks like ya made it in girlfriend.....

but don't just be a looky lou... post and post often...

that i have to say

is one of my favorate quotes...:icon15

oh now don't ruin it for me.
..i thought everything was coming up roses for you all...:thumbsup

yet when i think of the beauty of flowers
and then that sadness:purpletea

i always thing of bill holiday
and that fragile flower in her hair

nice to meet you:smoke

Concerned a bit about this comment

..yeah i am being honest and i appreciate when art recognizes art...anyone can put the same tierd arrangements i have seen with alot of florist i work with ...

Creating arrangements is another form of artistry. Any real florist/artist doesn't make "tierd" - did you mean "tired"? - arrangements. Please don't paint all florists with the same brush.

I appreciate your vase work and how passionate you are about it.

However, I've seen other artists do similar artwork as yours (I do like the wedding vase tale tho). I've even supported a gal who showed me her stuff one day. Trouble is, she also sells the same stuff on her website for less than what I need to sell it for (to make it worth my while financially - retail space=$) and I haven't sold anything I bought, save for the terra cotta pots she painted with ladybugs and bumblebees. I don't believe in the commission thing. Rentals or out-right buying at wholesale prices is the only way I can support artists, no matter if it's cards or paintings (well, if the paintings are worth A LOT I might do commission). Trouble is, like some pointsettia "wholesalers" around here, I can't compete with the retail price the grower sells for directly to the public.

Don't mean to be negative at all, but I agree with someone else who posted: if you're here to just sell your wares, I think you may in the wrong forum.

Ooooh, I hope I don't get a red dot for this!!

i would also like to thank the persons who did not post
yet said what they wanted out of view

to the one
that said my vases where lovely, yet this was a board for pros in the flower biz and this was not the place for me.
.....I PAINT FLOWER VASES!...seems like a good place to meet florist!:iamwith:
Not looking for a fight, and I was not rude when posting my vote that you decided to publicly post about.

Please do not be offended by my vote, it was not meant in a mean-spirited way, but it is my choice to decide if I agree if you will be a good member here or not If you don't like the process, I'm sure the administrators would like to hear so.... I chose to not be public in my opinion of your entry, as I do in most of my intro votes, because I don't always feel it's anyone's business except yours & mine how I vote. I signed my name and wished you well, not being secretive at all; but I did not feel based upon your intro that your membership would be beneficial. Others felt differently, and so you're in. No biggy for me, it happens all the time. That's why it's called "voting".

I hope you are an asset to the board, and that you make many contacts to sell your wares, or to pursue friendships or whatnot. There are many many ways to meet florists - I hope you find those as well.

not-so-stupid, but sorry to voice my opinion, once again.

no problem

no fight here...im a lover

no you where not rude...yet, this seemed good a place as any , to let folks know what i do?

its your voting opinion and you have every right

i put it on front street cause i thought you all should know more about me then what few lines i gave
and
maybe that made me let more of my feelings show
....i could not thank you enough

i should have gone into detail...and maybe i would have if i had known

i think that you have the right vote as you wish....and i have the right to my opinion as well
and with all that being said

id like to get to know you all...as humans who share a passion for what we do

the moments change, and so do the days...and so do minds
and
if not,
im sure we can find somethingelse we have in common ,
that makes us feel we are an asset to one another in some way
if not in business
in lifes lessons
you made me want to say more
i thank you!

Status