Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
What in the blue hell is wrong with my Leafs????

Sorry ... had to vent.

Stinkin' tie with the Thrashers.... Terrible.

Hey, oh infinite one....Where have you been? The Maple Laffs are back to normal??????;)

maple laughs

Sorry to say Ryan , but get used to a long season in Toronto , absolutely no heart on them , at least until Gary Roberts gets back. Also why would they pick up the likes of Ed Balfour, he is not known as a good team man , a big shakeup by trade is probably coming before long. Sunny

Hey!

Big time Eddie the Eagle fan here ... best move they could have made. Cujo had nothin' - no Calder, no Vezina, and .. no Cup.

Eddie's not the problem - team just forgot how to play D.

Now Jose Theodore .... there's a guy who brings back memories of old Leaf times ... Remember Allan Bester? :p

allan bester

Did you know that Mr. Bester won championships at every level of minor pro hockey and his career lasted 15 years. His misfortune was to be drafted into the realm of lunacy that was Toronto Maple
Leafs during Harold Ballard's time. As for Jose Theodore , I think his head got a little swollen after last years performance and his new contract, the splinters in his *** during his exile to the bench will bring him back to where he was , unfortunately Eddie (the plucked) Eagle has no where to go but down. Me thinks that The Leafs problem comes from having to many Europeans , outside of Sundin none of them are worth even mentioning. Sunny

Don't discount Renberg - he's not quite Gary Roberts, but he works hard in the corners.

Reichel can take a flying leap for all I care. As for Hoglund ... :mad:

Berg is quite useful. Svehla is above average, hits well and gets points. Lumme is done. Kaberle has been one of the best players this year.

Bester had a five-hole you could slide a Conception Bay whale through!

five hole

Saw him in action 1991 AHL finals when he out dueled Felix Potvin for seven games , didn't see anything go through his five hole , he was just outstanding. When he played with the leafs he was left to himself no defense at all , the best if I remember was an over the hill coke snorting Bjore Salming . Can't even remember any of the other so called players on those awful ,lousy , pitiful teams. Like Jed Clampett used to say pitiful , down right pitiful. Sunny

I don't remember what year (being the youngin' that I am), but the leafs were knocked out of the playoffs by a 60 footer that went right between the legs.

Jokes abounded for years about Allan being so devastated by that goal that he tried to commit suicide. He jumped in front of a GO trail, but it went through his five-hole.

:>

Oh well , you are probably right , judging by the amount of time that he actually spent in the NHL . Best way to judge how good any given team is or was is to count the probable number of hall of fame bound players on side, does Toronto have anyone to qualify???
Sunny

You're a Habs fan aren't you?

Bloody Maritimers ;)

Oh, well. No accounting for taste.

Maybe you can buy the Sabres and move them to St John's?

Oh infinite one (I like that); I cannot believe what my eyes are hearing!! Bloody Maritimers???!!! I thought I explained to you when you were here that Newfoundland (& Labrador) is not part of the Maritimes. The maritimes are NS, NB & PEI; when you include us, it becomes The Atlantic Provinces!!!!
Bloody Tronnies :)

Oh yea,
GO HABS GO :cool:

OH .....

Bloody everything outside the 416 area code!!

There ... that should cover it.

Leafs Rule!

:D

maritimers

As rock pointed out somehow the Maritimes end at Halifax as many people think so does Canada. How could you guess that I am a lifelong Habs fan? Surprise , I was born in Toronto and didn't come home til I was 6 , but I was still a Habs fan before I left To. Also I'm a die hard Tiger Cats fan, luke warm Blue Jays fan.Why would we want the bloody Sabres, I know they are really only a minor league team , we already got one! Sunny

Sabres are 1 point back of your Habs. I thought you might like that better than a team of guys not good enough to play for the Leafs.

Oh infinite one; thank you for the inclusion of the most reverred local in professional sports. Say, how come you don't show your colours; it couldn't be that you're ashamed of the Maple Laffs??? Come on buddy, suck it up and show your colours!!!:)
Rock on...........

obviously, that is supposed to be "most reverred LOGO...". Does anyone out there know where I can get a keyboard for people who can't type???

I prefer my Infinity Avatar. I noticed you hadn't set one yet, so I took the liberty.

You can change it if you want:
User CP (top of page)
Edit Options
Change Avatar

Use a custom or one from the library.

Sen's RULE

What happened to-night eh Ryan??? Those Leafs are becoming a bunch of GOONS just like their coach was when he played? for them.......well the Habs showed them with speed and skill!! But what about those Senators....they be the ones to watch this year!!

Ahhh crap

A Sens fan .... Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Don't make us spank you AGAIN in the playoffs (you know - that time when stuff counts for something).

You think Jason Spezza is going to stick with the big club? Or do we smell another Daigle on the grill?

Leafs sucked last night. Hard. Much badness - Wade "Play me or trade me" Belak has NO business being on a big league club. My only hope is that if they play poorly enough, that lazy arse Pat Quinn will be canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.