%$^$^&&^ Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
leafs booed from ice saturday night

Hey Ryan , Leafs booed from ice by fans Saturday night after Habs beat them 5-2. By the way last time looked at standings Habs ahead of Laffs by 5 points. Sabres ahead of Laffs by 3 points. Watched sports desk this morning Pat Quinn quoted " shake ups are coming , callups from St. John's , couple of trades in the works" unfortunately hardly anyone on Leafs worth much. If I was Pat Quinn I'd be worried about my job about now. Sunny

Eric Lindros

Hey Infinite one, just heard a rumour that the Rangers want to expunge Lindros ASAP and the first team approached was the Leafs , just what they need another overpaid sookie. Wonder how much they are willing to give up. Apparantly not enough room in New York for all the egos, Messier's ,Bure's , Lindros's, Leetch ,Richter and Trottier's, another team having lots of luck with a roster of highly paid floaters, with no heart. Sunny

Hoglund, Belak, Reichel and Lumme for Lindros, and a first rounder.

Jeez, I should be on radio!

You must be joking , your dealing with Slats , he ain't going to take 5 useless , heartless Europeans for a lump like Lindros. Sunny

You've got to be joking.........Leafs need another goon like the need another import!!.........that's all they got now, Tucker, Domi, Mckay (sp?) etc.

Whozzat?

No McKay here .... that's the Habs who inherited that lump of coal.

Atleast he got rid of that hoaky mustache!

mckay

Sorry Ryan but BBJ is probably referring a different lump of coal on the Leafs Bryan McCabe, as for Randy Mckay didn't he score both of the Habs goals in their 2-2 in Carolina friday night?
Sunny

Darcy Tucker

Hey BBJ, I happen to like Tucker , I don't class him as a goon but a **** disturber of the first rank. Too bad the Habs gave him away in 93 to Tampa for Rob Ramage. Sunny

Oh, the
Lump Of Coal
that was 2nd last year in defenseman scoring, and had two points vs. Les Blanc Bleue et Rouge?

Rob Ramage .... a fine Leaf captain, as I recall. Of course, that was in my younger days ...

Darn.......you're right Sunny...........toooooo many names to remember!!! We should go back to 6 teams!!! But then again maybe it's just my "old timers" kicking in again!:confused:

lump of coal

Sorry I didn't mean to upset your feelings, McCabe is a decent player , too bad is mouth is always yapping , won't be so bad if he wasn't the worst interview since big dumb Al Iafrate, Ryan do you remember that waste of space who's only claim to fame while he was a Leaf was losing his wife to his best friend at the time Gary Leaman or did he steal her , what ever , must have been fun in that dressing room eh? Sunny

6 teams

Yeah BBJ , going back to six teams would be great if only they were all Canadian teams. Maybe while we're back in this fantasy we could take off the helmets and reincarnate some real hockey players ie: Jean Beliveau, Frank Mahovalich, Bobby's Orr & Hull, etc... need I say more. Sunny

New avatar; will always be a HABS fan BUT some things come first. Just had to try it out. ROCK ON

Cool ,cool cool, wish I'd gotten there first. Rock on

Sunny

Eddie plucked again

Hey Ryan , see poor old Eddie got plucked again in the one game he wanted to win more than any other, Marty Turco showed em up in the Lone Star State , proving that Dallas was right not bothering to offer him a new contract.

Apparently you didn't see the game. Two things were obvious:
1) Eddie is still a top goaler
2) Good teams finish their chances

Both Dallas goals had Eddie hung out to dry. First was a delfected shot than moved laterally about 15 feet, right to Turgeon. He didn't miss the empty net.

The other, Renberg couldn't be bothered to trip Guerin who was on a breakaway. Eddie made two stops, and Arnott buried the puck with 3 leafs standing around.

On the other hand, the Leafs missed several empty net chances. Good teams don't miss.

You're right , didn't see the game , only pulling your chain , but you know that he wanted this game more than any other .

Hey Ryan , see the Leafs got whooped in St. Louis last night , couldn't fault Eddie though , too many power plays , they , need some , discipline. Quinn should resign from his coaching . Oh yea Habs won!!

Status
Not open for further replies.