Mikey, Frank and Boss.....

Was Jim in the wrong, or MIkey

• Is Jim in the wrong?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Is Mikey, Frank and Mark Right?

• I dont care about the situation

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Do we cut and paste from other boards without others know it.

• Freedom of speech Rights should apply here

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • its my membership and I can do whatever I want

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
You are all bad bad boys....
Jim made a mistake when he answered a question from the moderator on here and you guys blasted him for pasting from the other board.
Mikey you could have been more diplomatic and e-mail Jim about his mistake instead of posting a over exagerate response on the other board.
Now as I see it, some of us have dual membership on boards which gives us a priviledge to see different answers to different question. If I was with you Mikey and Ryan sitting in a room having a cold one and we got to talk about this and that and one of the topic we choose is something we saw on the FTD board and Ryan is right there listening, Are we in the wrong also????
Do you think that maybe other FTD board members dont cut and paste topics from there and e-mails them to their friends with out us knowing it>>?>???
Mikey I really think you owe Jim a apology for being so harsh.
This is my opinion
Luc
:mad:

My only thought on this, IS THIS....

Its a PW protected site, I @@@-u-me, that what I post there stays there, hence I may be more blunt perhpas in my comments, since I @@@-u-me that they will remain WHERE I PUT THEM.

BWTFDIK.......

My opinion, as previously expressed, is that once something is published on the internet it is open season on that posting. The passwords on the FTD site prevent access to the forum - they in no way restrict the use of the info gleaned from there.

Thats another way to look at it, and I somewhat agree....

However, if I were to call Bob an @@@, over there, I would rather it stayed over there...

But then again, I have been known to post items, garnered elsewhere, and from emails sent to me...today in fact, I did just that...

I guess I could have been wrong...I was ONCE :)

It's an extreme example, but it gets the point across:

Years ago, Mikey posted his special gerbera-box trick on the FTD board. Many people decided to try it in their shops.

If I as an FTD member (then) took that idea and told a friend who has a shop in London who is not FTD, am I in violation of some code? I don't think so. The boards are about sharing ideas and information.

The Member's Only ideal is for control of that environment, not for controlling the information presented there.

It (the scolding) was exagerrated, overrated, overstated, uncalled for, out of line, "IN BAD TASTE" and even SILLY in this lunatics opin. If I wuz Jim I'd tell you all to get skrude. Poor guy. So don't @@@-ume, or you know what hoppens...I find that "secret" sh*t quite silly.

BWDFDIK? Smoked too many FLOWERS in the 60's. Dance in yer underpantz y'all.:D

a good spanking

Ah , Jim don't take it to heart , the boys meant well, some times a good spanking is its own reward if your into that sort of thing , not to worry your opinions are still respected and wanted. I'm sure that if Ryan wants Bob's latest line of "BS" someone will e-mail it to him privately . Personally I don't think his comments are even worth repeating and if you don't believe me ask our buddy Ed , cause he thinks Bob can walk on water and I' m sure he would love to see him try.

Both Sides

I can see both sides of the issue here. I think if someone wants to comment on what was said on the FTD on another board it's okay. But, when someone cuts and pastes comments to another board I have reservations about it. In the past I've had people cut and paste my complete post from the FTD board and put in on another board anonymously. First, they didn't ask my permission and secondly it makes some people think I was the one that posted it.

I do think Mickey was a little harsh, BTJMO, besides some FTD posters slam TF on the other boards. You know what they say what comes around goes around(or something like that.)

Jim KNOWS better...THAT'S my issue...he's no fool,and is a great contributor, BUT, priviledges INSIDE a private room, STAY inside a private room!!
Our moderator would NOT have pass protected THIS site if he felt that ANYTHING GOES applies, like some "other" boards around!!
The issue IS privacy,and the ONLY PLACE I posted a message to Jim was on the FTD site, so, how'd it get here in the FIRST PLACE boys and girls??
Mike

Mikey,

You didn't read my post!

Password protection is to control the ENVIRONMENT, not the content. If you post something for public consumption, it's posted.

ANYTHING does not go - virtually anything flower-related goes here.

Re: Both Sides

Expecting privacy on the internet is much like expecting post office employees not to read post cards. It ain't likely. Passwords and emails aren't encrypted - privacy is nice, but not assured. Last time I checked, Jim lived in California, both this board and FTD board are hosted in the States, so freedom of media and expression apply.

We don't have to like it, but living with it would be nice. As a veteran of the 'Net and it's precursor - I've been online for over 15 years now, I remember the flame wars of that era. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I was very disappointed to see similar things here and on the other board.

Audra
Who remembers her grandmother's motto of Politesse oblige (It always pays to be polite) with pride and dignity.

Are we so naive to think that what gets posted on the FTD board stays there and no one else notices? I've been told that TF prints out every message on most of the floral boards and files them away. I'm sure they've got a TF/FTD florist that prints out all the messages on the FTD board. TF reps carry around a binder full of this stuff and complete printouts of FTD financial filings to show florists the juicy parts that make FTD look bad. When you're a public company everything (good and bad) is out in the open-something TF doesn't have to worry about.

Plus, I wonder how many people read the posts on FTD's site, but never post, but email the posts to all their buddies. I bet the number would be staggering.

To think we're going to keep some dirty little FTD secrets confined to the FTD board is foolish thinking...especially in this day and age.

One of nice things about this excellent board is you can't post anon. Helps get rid of the riff raff. But I don't think it should be censored, unless of course filthy language, etc.

I don't remember being asked to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to be on FTD's board , its supossed to be a "free" and open discussion for FTD members, if someone wants to carry that conversion on outside the board , unless it violates an agreement , what odds, who cares , certainly not me! On this board you can express what you feel without worrying about pissing off Bob and getting censured , which from I hear has happened to a couple of people. Just for the record if I ever post anything thats worthy of posting anywhere else , you have my permission to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.