msp-phil Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

msp-phil

May 13, 2008
Minneapolis
State / Prov
MN
family florist business started in 1992 - web developer started 1997 - family orchid growers in minneapolis started in the 1950's - flowers have been solf from our location for over 110 years

Reactions: 1 person
ok here goes -- the top post is from automated registration ---

i am the much maligned phillip murphy

i have no idea why i am not welcome here

i do not appreciate the host of this forum slamming ne and my work and hten blocking my access to the forum...

we are fist and foremost florists in minneapolis, we have been wierservice free since 1999 and welcome your florist direct order offering you a 10% discount off your total -- i use my site ipflorist to do florist direct trade and invite all florists to use this - it is free

as part of our minneapolis flowershop, we have a website - a very nice webstie, i started to offer these webstites to fellow florists in 2004 -

they are called ezflowershop florist websites

if i am invited back to the forum you will see that i am not a villain

i am sure however this intro will be deleted and thi profile will be blocked ...

surprise me -

welcome me into the forum -

thank you

phil

Okay, I'll play.

Please tell us what it is that you hope to be able to share with other members here, and what it is you hope to gain from participating in the conversations with other members here.

I have no opinion about your previous dilemmas. I do not know you. So as far as I'm concerned, you start from scratch.

Ready, GO!

:)

Okay, I'll play.

Please tell us what it is that you hope to be able to share with other members here, and what it is you hope to gain from participating in the conversations with other members here.

I have no opinion about your previous dilemmas. I do not know you. So as far as I'm concerned, you start from scratch.

Ready, GO!

:)

Ask him what he "shared" with all florists many years ago. I know JB and Mike think he is much misaligned but I don't.

Ask him about his directory with other florist's info and then his phone number with each of them.

For once - bloomz is gonna leave this one alone - tho if I WERE to vote I'd possibly say yes.

That stuff a few years ago is water under the bridge, ancient history. I've let bygones be bygones on that issue.

I do highly respect Phil's programming skills however. He is a very accomplished webmaster.

'nuf said - I guess...........

Um, Mr Murphy claims he is unable to post in this thread.

true?

For once - bloomz is gonna leave this one alone - tho if I WERE to vote I'd possibly say yes.

That stuff a few years ago is water under the bridge, ancient history. I've let bygones be bygones on that issue.

I respect the heck out of your opinion my friend, but I guess we fall on different sides of the fence on this one.

I think this is one of the only things we disagree on :)

ok erlene...

here it is...

for anybody that was not here in the very early days of www - back when we all had to do 2 web sites, one for 2.0 browsers and one for the new web browsers!

---->Ask him about his directory with other florist's info and then his phone number with each of them.

THE YEAR WAS 1998.....

i thought i had it all figured out...

i had mastered the very early ways of the web...

created my own webstie for our minneapolis shop -

netblooms.com and another website, netbloomsdirect.com

as part of netbloomsdirect.com. i published a 3 page webstie to the www for every flowershop in the country, some 28,000 of them - got wonderful SERP's and wed doing pretty good with things...

then this fellow named shane drops me an email saying folks on one of the forums were asking about me and my work...

i had no idea there were such things.. forums on the www --- wow i thought - so i checked it out --

seemes there was a bit of consternation, as to my methodology, tatatics and sheer amazemant i was able to pull this off - the year was 1998

i was dubbed the original order gatherer --

seems i was misguided in this project - as you see i had put our shops toll free phone number in place of ecerybody elses number - i did however offer every shop a way to take these very small - but effective sites, and call them their own, put their own phone numbers in for a very affordable 19.95 per month...

to make a story that has lasted until today - very short - once i realised people were not happy with this arrangeemnt i - stopped this publisheing of these sites immediatly - and launched into directblooms - as by 1999 we were wire servicfree

i could see the www coming like a speeding freight train and i knew these companies would very soon be the competiton --

i used http://www.directblooms.com/ very succesfully to negotiate all of my callouts for many years until lastyear when we wrote the program for the site that has replaced this....

http://www.ipflorist.com/

this is what is been rebult from what i 'shared' with everybody in 1998 -- oo--h so long ago

and yes this is free for florsits as direct blooms was...

as a side note - these very early 3 page websites were groundbreaking in htemselves as they allowed users (florists) that later participated - to log in and change the images for products and prices as well as the basic home page content - this was the very early predicessor to the very extensive online applications we program today...

wow - !

anybody that has any other questions? by all means ask away!

phil

Posting from my phone - pardon the brevity.

I, too, will refrain from voting on Phil. He's a repeat offender banned multiple times, the first time at the request of the membership. If the membership decides to let him in this time I wash my hands of the issue.

Ryan

He's a repeat offender banned multiple times, the first time at the request of the membership.
Is it impolite to ask why he was banned in the first place? And why he was banned after gaining admission again?

-->I, too, will refrain from voting on Phil...

ryan - thank you -- let the healing begin...

from Tracypieface

i have alot i can share - and sometimes i find myself looking for resourches, last fall i lost my mother, she was out guiding light - this was here flower shop and her love for the orchids where the reason for our existance -moving from our back yard greenhouse to this pretty big retail location - this forum is a great place to go for everyday answers for all that is floral realted - i can do flowers - but i am not the pro my mohter was!

as to contributions... i have a great sense of humor - - make very good stock investments - ofent i will share my thoughts with my best friends in this area... and i am always thrilled to talk web site stuff!

Tracy, thanks for asking!!!

Phil does have a beautiful flower shop - I saw pictures of it once.

And I appreciate his telling of "the story" so we don't have to.

I also fully understand Ryan's reticence (sp?) from many aspects. It is his house. Same as I understood Brian F's controlling others advertising competing products in his house.

Is it impolite to ask why he was banned in the first place? And why he was banned after gaining admission again?

He was banned for spamming members, excessive thread hijacking and other bad behaviour (have to check my notes). He admitted to using FC to gather contact info for further spamming.

He has repeatedly trashed FC in other forums, spreading lies about the admins and members. In 2004 (?) we had his web host take his site offline because of the slanderous and plagiarized content.

While constantly bashing FC in public he has privately been requesting readmittance. He has gone so far as to register with false info on a few occasions.

Well!

I have to say this, I know the Phil he is today, and that is what matters most, and I am listed on the IP site, I have got orders from it as well as some weddings, So its all good,

As Bloomz says things are under the bridge, and I am really not that familar other than what was said at time and time again , I applaud him for stating what really happened on this, we all make mistakes on things sometime, and I know that I have in the past, sometimes still do and learn from them, and Phil has been really nice to the Queen in the past, and I know that of him and several others on here that if I need help or down and out they would be there in a minute, as the email , I got yesterday, now if you are going after things Phil, then that is not right, but I was not one who was asked, I have my own folks who do our sites, and happy with things, I hope that sometimes we can forgive but can we forget? I don't know the answer to this, because I don't always forget, but forgive yes, I do , and I think each and everyone has to do what is what is right, yes he has a retail shop in a real world that we all do, well some of us, fabu orchids, and to me that is better than Betty in the basement, I am sure that we all can think back on things, So its all in your hearts, and for heavens sake, I have been rambling sorry for that, But just see how it goes, I am sure he can tell us how to make our shops safer, I know I have followed his advice on some of it, and the item where he talks direct to a client on his site< Way cool>

Okay, so are you here as a VENDOR of your ezflorist stuff?

Or as a FLORIST, to share and participate in ideas?

The rules are different for each, you know. I believe as a VENDOR you can post your info in the services area, but CANNOT repeatedly contact members in a spammy, telemarkety way, or refer to your product continually in postings.... you get the idea.

Still on the fence, though I see your previous incarnations here have been somewhat helpful with web advice and such flower_child? I don't understand why you hid your identity previously....

yes ---> we had his web host take his site offline because of the slanderous and plagiarized content

i remember this --- i published the locally, saved page of my flowerchat profile, to show the world what had happend here behind the hallowed doors - to my profile image

i had asked for the image i had deemend to be inappropriate that had been put in my profile after my bannishment to be removed - it was not and i was not happy -- i see this horrbile image is still there...

is there any way you could please remove this inapporpriate image from my old profile?

this is as dispicable as it was in 2004

http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/member.php?u=534

i would be very grateful,

thank you

phil

Status
Not open for further replies.