Need help with greenery choices

rewolf

Pro Member
Jul 4, 2007
chatham
www.wildbunchstudio.com
State / Prov
MA
I'm designing masses of the same flower in 4 tall cylinders 20" H x 8" opening and I need greenery to edge the opening - a collar of greenery.

The problem is that the cylinders only have 6" of water in each because of weight and inconvenience of filling at the sight.
Therefore, I need a lush looking greenery that drapes with long stems.

Any suggestions?

I have the most amazing seeded euc for a wedding this weekend. Not sure what the variety is but the seeds are teeny tiny. really nice long breaks and nice color.

Reactions: rewolf
Depending on the look you're going for... Amaranthus could be cool.... Seeded Euc, does not have to be in water if it's only for an event...

Seeded Euc is great, especially if you remove the leaves and cluster the berries. Plumosa fern is nice if you like the light and airy green. Also, consider using natural greens indiginous to the area you live. Be sure to test them first to understand how they do in/out of water before you commit the green to the design.

Not to hijack your thread but I see that many are stating greenery and the fact that they can be out of water if it's just for the wedding or event. Do you make the fact known to the person placing the order that the flowers will be fine for the event but don't expect people to be able to take them home and last for a long period of time? I'm always hesitant to not give enough information and have someone return a centerpiece because this or that didn't hold up for a week after the event. I know sometimes by telling people this it might scare them away but I like to be upfront and let them know that if they like a certain style this is how we would have to do it, so the customer would know what to expect.

I would use sprengeri.