Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Ok I already have mothers day booked for FTD for this year, But I am undecided on the teleflora stuff they have this year.
I will accept any comments you have on the 5 items they give.
THe sales person at TF seem really pushy when I talked to him yesterday telling me that 91% of the venitian vase is already sold out. He was telling me that most florist bought extra for everyday use. I til him I would think and he should be calling me sometime tommorow. I like the main venitian one, not to crazy about the watering can but my staff here likes it, the small planter for 4" I dont like it same with the rose vase.
THe humminbird vase is nice but at almost $30.00 retail I am wondering if it will sell. One of my staff think so, but at 24 I am not sure.
So any suggestion from you the experience people is much appreciated.
Luc

Honest opinion. I looked at the Teleflora specials and my initial reaction to most was "You ugly".

We liked the Venetian vase, we can live with that watering can, most of the rest make me cringe.

Audra

Have advised both wire services that we won't be carrying any codifed products from them and to not bother us with relentless phonecalls. Can't afford to keep filling up my stock room with these overpriced things. Other than a few incoming and normally underpriced orders can't sell them and make money.

The only one that I ordered was the venetian vase. I can use it for non holiday and it is a decent size. But the others are over priced and not all that usuable. Take a look at the size of the containers. That hummingbird vase is TINY. Nope, did not buy anything but the venetian vase.

Jim

"No sell appeal"

Before I decided to drop TF after Feb. I had decided to maybe get the Venetian vase. That's it, 'cuz the rest are overpriced and have no sell appeal to us.

I always buy everything FTD has. This year I am buying nothing from them. I looked over the last few years and the only reason I sold all the M1 & M2's and a few M 3's is because of FTD.COM.
I dropped FTD.COM (not FTD) and so now I am getting cheaper but just as nice items for my local people.

I did the math and I was making so very, very little on .coms and all ins really and was so ultra busy because of them that I said enough of this!

So no containers for me this year! It wil seem so weird. We usually buy almost allof them.

The only Mothers day keepsake we are getting from FTD this year is the M1. I saw it at HQ and really like the vase so I am going to get some becuase I will be able to sell them non holiday. Other than that, nada! These keepsakes are just to expensive and Lady Biker is right, really the only orders that we get for them are from .com so when you factor in the discount plus the mark up on the containers, ya just ain't making any money on them.....

I had asked the sales person who called me here in the states about this so called *selling out as fast as we can* mode of sales and when I asked if the Glass Blowers were working overtime to meet demands the phone went dead.

Those vases were created months ago:D

I quit buying the 6 other co-stars since one can get them at half price the next year and really create sales.

I found it interesting that FTD, called, and was offering discounts last week....

If you could use quantity, you could get a heck of a deal, but then again....

I do know, FTD will be sold out, with NO stock left, by the end of this week, something they are working hard to make happen in the future...no more left overs...glad to see the quality is improving, and the quantity they purchase is declining....

We've all but stopped buying WS containers. Our own specials always outsell the WS ones, because we can tailor them to our clientelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.