O'Dis,and O'Dat are now confirmed DEAD....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes THAT IS IT! Reffer!

That is What made me do the Stupid responce about My Canadian Friends in this Thread.

Dang the last couple of days I have felt BAD in what I said:(

Do we have a DickHead Smiley on this board? I need it.......

Nah, you don't need that at all Blue. We still love ya...in spite of yourself. ;) I've NEVER put my foot in my mouth...nope, not me...no no noooo. But (no pun intended) if it will make you feel better...

:buttkick

:) You know what they say about remembering the 60's and 70's...well, I can. :eek:

Sure they were asswipes and all butt...

Just wondering how all this fits in with the Fifth Commandment?

Bloomz,

Remember that God had very different rules for individuals verses authority institutions in the OT. People could not murder, but murders, adulterers, etc. were to be executed as punishment (carried out by the government, NOT individuals). Entire nations were ordered destroyed because of their sin. War was NOT viewed as murder.

The real question here is: Is this really a war?

And the government is made up of...individuals.

V,

The governing authority is to act according to guidelines and laws. The distinction I was making was this:

If I saw Mikey kill Luc, it is not my place to kill Mikey - that's murder, and revenge.

If the governing authority determined by a standard of law that Mikey was guilty, they would be remiss in NOT punishing accoridngly.

If you saw Mikey kill Luc....

I'm pretty sure that the "first" option would be used by Luc's wife Debbie...I think the "authority" would have no jurisdiction.
Mike

True...if I believed in the Death Penelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.