'Open' Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes we have to do what the customer wants regardless of what we like....

and sometimes we have to send 'em packing. This season I had a bride come in with a picture of a bridal bouquet she wanted. It was blue roses and blue baby breath. I told her I just simply couldnt help. We do not buy dyed flowers and have no intention of starting. I do not spray paint flowers and I do not intend on starting. I explained why and told her the florist down the street will gadly take her $$ and do it, but she could appreciate my honesty and she settled for something more "a la Gigi".
I refuse to tarnish my reputation just to make a few bucks.

I am loving this thread!
It has brought several things to mind...

1. Ancient chinese proverb. Sell what customer likes! Not what you like!:wallhead:
2. I really do love carnations! They are sooooo versitile!:loopy

3. I love to learn and I love to see someone willing to teach!:poke:

Thanks Rick!

In response to how in the heck did I get through making that casket spray with out hurling.....is just to realize that as long as God is growing pretty flowers, then I can handle most anything a customer can think of.

And I filled a wire-in order design that I never would have sold in a million years - not for an 85 year old lady's birthday. The shop gave me enough dollars ( even with the wire discounts, I still had enough ) It was similar in shape style, and colors to a windswept design in the current Teleflora selection guide.
I used orange tulips, yellow eremurus, bells of ireland, The new green trachelium, pink matumoto aster, green and red hypericum, and a curly willow loosely woven armature.
NOT a suitable design for the recipient, She called, and was appreciative of the flowers, but I could tell she was not thrilled.....so I asked her if there was anything else we could do.......and she said....No, she knew that we did the arrangement as ordered, but she would tell her cousin that the arrangement was not a style she liked. I offered to give her a more suitable style, but she said no.

Rick, I think you deserve your letters for just having the patience and stomach to create such an atrosity. How did you ever get through that without hurling??? Sometimes we have to do what the customer wants regardless of what we like....

I want to see a re-creation and pics posted here!

Status
Not open for further replies.