Phil's New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice site, absolutely love the tropical designs on there. I used to do so much with tropicals when i first opened. This has really inspired me to get some more in and get some designs made up. Excellent!

Looks great - did you do the website?
No. I was just the 'general contractor' overseeing its production and driving everyone crazy with the nitpicking. :>

(How is it that Phil just gets more and more handsome all of the time?)
I'm tellin' ya - the guy eats everything he wants and never gains weight. (true) And do you have any idea how much time it takes him to apply Super Silver to get his hair color perfect? (j/k) ;)

Looks great! Does Phil still do design events on the road? a calendar of those events would be a nice addition :)
Not much travel these days. He prefers to be home but will do a road show on a very rare occasion. You're right. We should have a spot to add those in when needed.
....how long you been married to 'charles bronson'. :spin
LOL. I have a picture of him standing behind Bronson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. People kept stopping and asking him for his autograph. :)

As someone else said, a listing of when & where Phil (or you :) ) will be appearing as guest lecturers/instructors would be helpful & most appreciated.
In due time, we're hoping to add some more videos and tutorials to give florists virtual instruction. I know it's not the same as 'in person', yet it will be more convenient (and far more affordable).

1. Appears some links are bold and some are not, most notable on the "Schedule" page. Might be why someone said the type looks too light/grey and hard to read?
Which browser are you using?
2. On the "Tools+Books" page, the book title letters are cut off. If the text box below each is filled with white color and is overlapping with the titles, that might be why. See attached photo.
Fixed. Thanks!
3. Phil IS very handsome. However, I think he needs to be "sharpened" up a little, so we can see his eyes better ;) Seriously, his portrait is a little flat. I copied to photoshop and sharpened the photo just a tad. Not sure if it will show enough for you to see, but the photo is attached.
We chose a slightly gossamer feel to soften the image on the home page. There are other shots with a cleaner crisper look. :)

I wish in the gallery it stated who made the designs, iow, teacher or student.
I put most of those up in a hurry and tried to label Phil's as his. Will try and go back to credit the designers but some of the images are more than a year old. Will have the staff there properly credit going forward. :)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Ryan and the Strider team set up Phil's new blog and it is sooooo much easier (and prettier) than the old platform. They also did some important SEO tweaking that has helped the site immensely in search - in just a few days. :)

LOL. I have a picture of him standing behind Bronson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. People kept stopping and asking him for his autograph. :)

Did he sign them? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.