Not open for further replies.

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
I'd like to suggest the creation of a Website Forum where all the threads about design, optimization, news, and resources can be placed in one spot.

AFAICT, they are currently scattered between Tech Talk, Marketing, Chat and who-knows-where-else. Not sure if it would be better under Business or Technology but keeping them together makes sense to me.

Just a thought. :)

Thanks, Cathy ... would you be interested in being the moderator of this forum?

Ryan

Infinite said:
Thanks, Cathy ... would you be interested in being the moderator of this forum?

Ryan

There goes the neighborhood :rolleyes:

What happened to the paid portion of this site that was for all of this same information.....for tech, seo's, web site design etc.and will this be just for Mas users? Since all of you are MAS.... oh by the way,congrats Cathy on joining MAS, bet you are excited! .....will this new forum be something all of us can use and will other systems be addessed.......for example integration of shopping carts for other systmes like Advantage...

And what happened to the paid portion.Was I the only one that paid....is it still active? Who maintains it? And the blog...is it being maintained?? Just curious on a rainy afternoon in Southern Fla.Actually cooler than Texas!!!!

Sher said:
And what happened to the paid portion.Was I the only one that paid....is it still active? Who maintains it? And the blog...is it being maintained??

No....Kinda....not enuf folks....sometimes...

Guess that about covers it in order....

Good question Sher...thanks...leads me into this... WE NEED MORE FOLKS TO PARTICIPATE! (Not pointing at you Sher)

The Blog especially, is in need of fresh content, and speaking for myself... I don;t have the time to write enough stuff to keep it fresh, so ANY FC member that would like to write up anything on the Floral Industry...anything...do it and send it to ither myself, mlou or Infinite and we'll contact you with any clarifications prior to publishing...new FC members are always encouraged to contribute, they often bring a new perspective to an old problem...

Regarding the Real Florist Forums...they too are still active, although with little activity of late, seems to be a lack of questions from the members, and those of us administering it are at a loss as to what you would like to know about or learn of....help us out...

threads about design, optimization, news, and resources can be placed in one spot.

[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that web design would include the "how to's" of a shopping cart and that perhaps integrating this into your POS would be important...thus my post.....but then I must not have understood the reason for an additional forum when we have a paid area that already exists.I look forward to seeing what all is posted..who knows, maybe I will learn enough to develop a site that has unique content so I can be picked up by the search engines..... I certainly have far less experience and knowledge of these things than most folks...

Sher said:
What happened to the paid portion of this site that was for all of this same information.....for tech, seo's, web site design etc.and will this be just for Mas users? Since all of you are MAS.... oh by the way,congrats Cathy on joining MAS, bet you are excited! .....will this new forum be something all of us can use and will other systems be addessed.......for example integration of shopping carts for other systmes like Advantage...

And what happened to the paid portion.Was I the only one that paid....is it still active? Who maintains it? And the blog...is it being maintained?? Just curious on a rainy afternoon in Southern Fla.Actually cooler than Texas!!!!
Well I paid too, but I just couldn't make it work for me. I was looking for website info mainly and I felt no one answered my questions. At the time I wanted some direction as to how to find someone who optimizes sites for a fee. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I felt no one was answering my questions so I gave up and thought of my payment as a contribution to a site I am glad exists.

Paul,

You only made three posts in the RFF, mostly conversational. If you have questions, you can post them, and there is a wealth of info on how to work with your web site. The RFF were designed to empower the florists through the delivery of quality information and education.

Ryan

Ryan I asked twice if anyone could help me find a paid consultant to take over my internet site promotion...it has been a long time now since I joined so my memory is a bit vague...but both times I got no response to speak of...certainly my question was not answered. So I gave up on it. I remember being a bit confused when I was looking for where to post...maybe I ended up in the wrong place. Certainly from my point of view the "entrance" to that site could be a bit more visible. As much as I like Flowerchat I don't get to spend as much time here as might be beneficial...like to get to learn all the "hows" and "wheres".

I like the suggestion to have a new area for this kind of discussion. That would probably fill my needs.

Within a florist message board, there will be limitations to the level of assistances peers can provide eachother. After all, most of us are florists first and marketers, webmasters, photographers, transportation engineers, programmers, and psychologists second. :rolleyes:

Paul, I recently inquired about SEO services and was quoted $2K for tweeking an existing site. These guys are really good and if the results are there, then they're definitely worth it.

In the case of serious SEO (for competitive terms) and the more technical aspects of web design and functionality, IMO it makes good sense to pay a professional, leaving my time to do the things I can do well.

Isn't that the same advice we give to Brides that want to do their own flowers?

If you really want to learn about being a webmaster, SEO and SEM, there are numerous fora out there that specialize in the subject. :)

Yes, I long ago realized I had no expertise in optimizing my site and went on my search for a paid professional in this area. I finally did find someone who is now in the process of combining my sites into one and is taking over the managing of it. We'll see how it works out. My only goal is to have my site come up when people search for a florist in my city...I remember the days long ago when I thought that was a given on the internet. Ha! Ha! Silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.