Real florist?

autj

Aug 20, 2011
Owings
www.calvertflorist.com
State / Prov
MD
Does anybody know anything about this shop? Ladera Ranch Florist in LR California, www.laderaranchflorist.com, we have received 3 orders in the last week all originating in our area( MD) I haven't seen any advertising from them so I can't figure out how they are capturing my locals. I called their "shop"this morning at 6:30am local time and asked if I could stop by and pick up roses, they don't keep flowers, no shop at this location and forwarded me to another shop on Marguerita Pkwy in Mission Viejo,would not give me a shop name , look for the Flower Shop sign..

The address on their website is actually a restaurant called Taco Mesa. Did they answer the phone Taco Mesa? Probably not. My guess is they are just using an innocent bystander's legitimate address for extra search ranking.

Who are they?

You can read about the registrant of the domain in this snippet. Take special note of the bottom part. Yes, a real florist ~ but also ONLINE FLORISTS. Just another florist who went deceptive.

Reactions: autj
There is an OG florist that pops up in our searches as Broadway Florist and it Doves out of Mission Viejo, CA. That is probably her

Ownership:

Registrant:
Mission Viejo Florist, Inc.
Joni O'Neill
24011 Marguerite Parkway Suite E
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
US
Phone: +1.9494724402
Email:

There is an OG florist that pops up in our searches as Broadway Florist and it Doves out of Mission Viejo, CA. That is probably her

Broadwayflorist.com is owned by a technology company in Illinois. HERE is a link to their website. Same phone number on the website as on the domain registration.

Her (in Mission Viejo) domains are registered through a company called Register.com. Her sites are FTD. I know there are more than one that are in Mission Viego, my guess is that they are branches off of an original.

Hers was registered in 2002, Broadwayflorist.com was registered in 1997. It's entirely possible that she was in a partnership with this jumpingtrout to send their gathered orders through TF (I don't think they allowed non-florists back then so the non-florists simply partnered with real florists to get the job done....). She probably liked the idea so much that she did her own with FTD.

She probably has a different one under Bloomnet too. Any Bloomnet members out there who get orders from a shop in Mission Viego?

Does anybody know anything about this shop? Ladera Ranch Florist in LR California, www.laderaranchflorist.com, we have received 3 orders in the last week all originating in our area( MD)
Just an FYI... I did some checking, and these folks DO have an actual shop... they have sent less than 100 wire orders this year.

How do you find out how many they have sent out?
Friends in low places.... Even tho I'm no longer in the wires, I still do have contacts I've built over the years, and since I try hard to maintain an independent stance, and anonymity for my sources, folks trust me.

I'm pretty sure I saw something on facebook about them having trouble with OG's using their name and a florist actually called the real shop to see if they had sent the order and they didn't - it was really from broadway.

Broadway florist is the florist that charge one of my local customer who was out of town a arrangement for $73.95 + delivery + service charges etc and only to send me $60. He got scammed for $20.00 by them.
I refused the order 3 times throught TF. He eventually called me and we talked and I took care of him and told him what happen. He was not a happy camper by Broadway.

If they manage to scammed $20 for every order they send, how much did they make extra!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say a few $$$$$$$$$$$

Just an FYI... I did some checking, and these folks DO have an actual shop... they have sent less than 100 wire orders this year.

I do know they have a real shop, but in the following snippet, there is a whole 'nother piece to this business.

...she purchased a floundering florist in Mission Viejo where her leadership and vision took the business sales from $64,000 a year to over $500,000 in less than twelve months. She continues to oversee the day to day operations of Mission Viejo Florist, Inc., as well as her on-line florists.

We got one from them this week too. It was weird, they typed out what they wanted TFxxx-1 ($50) Candy ($15) and Plush ($15) and then gave us $70 total to fill. I Googled them and couldn't tell if they were real or not. We ended up just rejecting it. It's becoming a real challenge to tell, but my guess is they are OG for sure.

Yes they are definitely an OG. I got one order also, and called TF to inquire. And lo and behold! I actually spoke to a cust service rep that told me exactly what the above threads said. OG, used to be Broadway, Mission, etc. and just joined TF in Feb.

Joni O'Neil owns Mission Viejo Florist. They are a brick & morter shop and have been in town for years. HOWEVER, they operate a number of websites that make them appear to be in other areas around Mission Viejo (i.e. Coto de Caza Florist, Trabuco Canyon Florist, etc.). There are no florists in these communities (Coto de Caza is a gated community - all residential). Deceptive - yes. Don't know if she has Ladera Ranch Florist, but I wouldn't be surprised. Broadway (an OG) is owned by someone else, I believe.

Joni O'Neil owns Mission Viejo Florist. They are a brick & morter shop and have been in town for years. HOWEVER, they operate a number of websites that make them appear to be in other areas around Mission Viejo (i.e. Coto de Caza Florist, Trabuco Canyon Florist, etc.). There are no florists in these communities (Coto de Caza is a gated community - all residential). Deceptive - yes. Don't know if she has Ladera Ranch Florist, but I wouldn't be surprised. Broadway (an OG) is owned by someone else, I believe.
If there's no florist there... do they deliver there?

dOGs have been known to cloak orders behind legit florist names.

I well recall that Tom Meola (the first big dOG) at one point worked a deal with a legit florist to place his orders via WSs. The florist got a fee plus rebate and the filling shops had no clue the real origin of the orders were being masked.

My best guess is that the same guys behind FlowerShopping.com/Broadway are the source of the orders through Ladera Ranch Florist. They're aggressively running AdWords campaigns under FlowerShopping.com

Joni (the owner of Mission Viejo Florist) has been around a long time and I really can't imagine her doing business with the dOGs.