Refusing works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, If you fill 10 orders at a average of $50.00ea you would lose 27% or $135.00
If you fill 100 orders at $50.00 less 27% that would be $1350.00
I think I will just pay the $250.00 fees and be happy with zero in comming orders
What I will do with my extra money is give some flowers away to my loyal customers.
Please show me how you make money on incomming orders. My account said you can not make any money on an incomming order.

you need to read the many many many posts I have typed out here on FC in the last 4 years.

It is extremely easy to contribute to your net profit by accepting these orders.

As long as you cover your variable costs and some of your fixed costs, you will earn a better net profit.

joe.

Mikey, i don't use domestic retrans anymore and i had to go back to teleflora because of ftd's limited coverage.
The reason is because i had a shop call and say they had my customer in there shop all upset at them. My customer had ordered a azalea plant and they sent a tulip plant to the service.
I sent the order for $50.00 when retrans gave the order to the filling florist they told her. (can you fill this order with a bp for a total of $36.50)
not the $50.00 i gave them but $50.00 less the 27% standard charges.
When i complained to retrans i was told this is the way they are told to resend these orders. I told they that was cheating my customer out of $13.50 they said thats the way they do it.
They can't even be honest about there own charges.
They have to deceive us florist to get there orders filled
i have a large outgoing business and i can not let them mess it up.

Reactions: bloomz and CHR
'Sucker' Florists Will Lose In Long Run

Some OG's are so smug about their orders, they CLEARLY send the order through under valued or with no delivery charge what so ever, and KNOW that there is some sucker-florist who will fill it. If refused, they'll just keep forwarding it on till someone takes the bait.

I caught on to this before anyone warned me...way back when hardly any florists were on the Net or even used the Net for that matter. I haven't seen an 800 order in a loooonng time! Guess the other FS is filling them and I've seen their 'best' stuff - doesn't even come close to our 'regular' stuff.

no fighting over WS's please!!
i guess, it's easier to say IF you ALREADY belong to a wire service, you absolutely MUST keep your cost per order at the absolute minimum.
I see things a little differently....there is STILL a huge segment of people that have neither the ability, nor, the inclination to send orders out of area, and it IS gonna be a "niche" market, the more shops make their choices.
Since, we are ON the subject, we've talked over and over again about having an interflorist network without wire services!!
can I assume thee idea is still there??
Mark and I discussed many times launching freesendingzone.com, and other sites like it, yet, when BBJ put a FULLY FUNCTIONAL interflorist network in place, NO ONE WAS INTERESTED!!

Idea is still out there and some of us are STILL working on it....Talk to me or Duane Mclennan...if you're still interested....

Sorry child:
As an example, I just bought 60 cm Charlottes for 15 cents on Monday's auction. If I had to, I could sell them for 45 cents and get my 200 pct mark up (aka 3X mark-up).
Joe

Joe, you're in a league of your own with these auction/wholesale prices....most small businesses don't get this convenience/opportunity/deal....EVER.

there are times that i have to send orders to tf hq and i do have a traditional flower shop....i'm so confused about this.

i've had my shop for less than one year with just about the same time being on flowerchat. hostility towards tf is obvious. i know their fees are ridiculous, but i just don't really see an alternative option.

Joe, you're in a league of your own with these auction/wholesale prices....most small businesses don't get this convenience/opportunity/deal....EVER.

Dorothy, we make this (buying from the auction) work by sharing each shipment with another florist. Most of the time, we split every order in half, but because he has a large # of cooperate customers and other advantages, we now divide so that he gets the larger share.

I know that I am blessed to have this really good florist friend, and we often share other "finds" also.

Mikey, i don't use domestic retrans anymore and i had to go back to teleflora because of ftd's limited coverage.
The reason is because i had a shop call and say they had my customer in there shop all upset at them. My customer had ordered a azalea plant and they sent a tulip plant to the service.
I sent the order for $50.00 when retrans gave the order to the filling florist they told her. (can you fill this order with a bp for a total of $36.50)
not the $50.00 i gave them but $50.00 less the 27% standard charges.
When i complained to retrans i was told this is the way they are told to resend these orders. I told they that was cheating my customer out of $13.50 they said thats the way they do it.
They can't even be honest about there own charges.
They have to deceive us florist to get there orders filled

I caught them on this about 6 months ago - if it goes to a non member they upcharge it for the 27%.

When I complained they said it had changed last May - didn't I get the memo?

ummm, no, and I don't believe there was any memo.

I had an order a last year from an OG for a fruit basket for $49.95 including delivery. The delivery was right around the corner and it was slow so I said "ok"
SOMEHOW the person who originally placed the order on the internet with the OG found me. (what are the chances of that). They asked if I received and order for Mrs. So and So. I said "yes". She said " could you tell me what is in the basket"
I proceeded to tell her that a $38.00 fruit basket plus delivery and tax would total her $49.95 price given to me by the OG.
She shreaked " I paid $125.00 for that fruit basket!"
Point being we don't know how much these places are charging in the first place, what they are keeping for themselves. I would be livid if my friends received a $38.00 fruit basket when I paid $125.00 for it. Let alone how it would reflect on my business!!! Just awful.
I told her to immediately cancel her internet order and call me direct and I would fill it for the full amount.
Never again will I fill for an OG (even if I could make money on it) because I don't know what they charged the customer in the first place.

Reactions: CHR and master J
Status
Not open for further replies.