Reminder: New Member Approvals

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Member Post

I am not sure I have ever done this properly.. Can anyone help?? How do I post an introduction message and what would you guys like to know?? Thanks in advance..

I am not sure I have ever done this properly.. Can anyone help?? How do I post an introduction message and what would you guys like to know?? Thanks in advance..
You already did - that's why you're able to post questions & answers ino other areas than the "new members" forum.

Click HERE to read what was your opening or intro post. Feel free to add to that, if you have more of an intro you'd like to say about yourself.

It takes some time wandering around to get used to how the board is laid out, but you're doing fine!
:)

Thank you!!!

Thank you,

I am humbled.. to have access to this wonderful site.
Inspiration is key to our creative abilities, and to share in our creativity...is amazing! Thank you all!!

Gaylynne

R & G Plantasy Inc.

New member inrtoduction by Texas Blooms

Hello, my name is Ron
I took an early retirement package in May of 2007 from HP after working in the computer industry for 26 years. After 6 months of working at and evaluating Texas Blooms flower shop in Austin, Texas I purchased the shop as a "second career". I bought the shop more on the potential that it could be rather that wat it was. What is was was a shop that had been pretty much neglected for the past 3-5 years. It needed a lot of work, and was not in the greatest location. My plan was to move the shop, which I did this past summer. We are now in a very desirable upscale location that is still being developed. So far business has been beter in some aspects, but disapointing in others. Disapointing mainly because the rent is much higher, but the walkin business so far has not equaled the extra investment. I am looking for new ideas in marketing, and selling on a low budget. I have learned so much in the past year and a half, and feel like I would be a good resourse for anyone thinking of purchasing a shop, or getting into the business

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome Ron,
It's a constant learning experience, even if you've been in this business forever. You'll find a lot here to help in your efforts!

welcome
:)

I too wish the new mebers were in a single and seperate place. Sometimes I just want to read the board other times I will sit and look over new members. Them being together has been making me skip new intro's more and more. I guess my organizational skills are rocked by them being all together.

Canadiana Flowers - New Member

Hello to all,
I am new to flowerchat and I am posting my initial intro for all to see,
We are a family owned and operated flower shop located in Toronto, 2 locations in Scarborough (suburb of Toronto, ON)

looking forward to viewing / chatting with my fellow florists

stephen

Reactions: 1 person
Hello Stephen
You may want to repost under "New Member Into" Start a new thread. We as a community have to vote on new members. We can't vote you in if you are introducing yourself on an existing thread.

Welcome.

Reactions: Connie and Victoria
Hello and thank you for your interest in the community. As Thom suggested please go to the New Member intro page. There are several questions to answer so the members can get to know you. Please be expansive in your answers... don't be shy!

V

Sophie, this is a very old thread, I am not sure the voting system is still in place but now this thread has been bumped, I am sure one of the admins or someone who knows will jump in and let you know. :)

Ok - Sarah needs some hand holding.

For the life of me I cannot locate the "approval" button for a new member intro.

What am I doing wrong?

Sarah,

I think it used to be the reputation star, and you approved or disapproved of their introductory post. I don't think it's relevant anymore, if you are a paid member, you're a paid member. Anybody who ponies up can be a member.

Linda

Well that would explain it :D I saw it pop up in the forum...thought I should check it out.

Thanks!! :)

Reactions: anytimeflowers
we're pretty sure that Victoria left her job voluntarily, to contribute most of her time to the question,answer, and due diligence it took to vote in new members. That "voting" process, was removed as the membership fee was launched, and potential new members "agreed" to abide by the FlowerChat Community set of unwritten ethics, and agreed to the terms of "trial" membership, and PRO membership...and to give Victoria a rest :)

Reactions: Victoria
Status
Not open for further replies.