Reminder: New Member Approvals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if . . . . ?

Ryan, do you expect us to vote on a "Wannabe" even if we don't know the person, directlly or indirectly?

Personally, I find that difficult to accept. I have no way of knowing the sincerity of the person wanting to be a member of FC. I have not voted for or against anyone wanting to be on FC. But now I will try to help by reading all the Introductions and see if I feel comfortable casing a vote.

Having said that, I don't know of another way to expidite getting new members. And you have to get the message of the Real Florist out to more florists quickly.

Ryan, do you expect us to vote on a "Wannabe" even if we don't know the person, directlly or indirectly?

Personally, I find that difficult to accept. I have no way of knowing the sincerity of the person wanting to be a member of FC. I have not voted for or against anyone wanting to be on FC. But now I will try to help by reading all the Introductions and see if I feel comfortable casing a vote.

Having said that, I don't know of another way to expidite getting new members. And you have to get the message of the Real Florist out to more florists quickly.

I usually vote by checking out their info on the internet. If I find that they are telling the truth and they seem to have some knowledge then they get a yes vote. If they have no findable info anywhere and then are shady when answering questions or a snippy or rude, they get a big no vote...

Tom, I'm glad you're going to put your expertise into the New Members applications too. :)

I just trust my gut. It usually tells me the truth.

V

I think something is screwy - in other posts it shows registered user but this one shows new applicant

dammit now I won't sleep tonight either

Reactions: 1 person
hello,
I posted an introduction a few days ago. I can't find it. Have I been voted on? Do you notify me as to the results? I am confused...
Cathie
coastieflowers
Hi Cathie -

I don't see an introductory thread post ever made by you. The forum software does show you've made 3 posts so far, but none of them intros.

You can go to the New Members Introductions forum and click 'New Thread' to create your intro post. :)

HTH

re membership

I have been searching for florists who have been affected by contact dermatitis, hoping to get some relief. I have been to a Dermatologist who really did nothing but prescribe steriod ointment.

I have a very nice shop in SE Wisconsin - 2 fantastic employees - lots of great customers and many corporate accounts. I love what I do and have great passion for the industry. I use 2 wire services (which I would love to talk about) This is a great way to meet new florists, exchange ideas and bounce questions off others who have "been there". (and still hang around because they love what they do!!)

It would be an honor to be accepted into your group. Hope to hear from you soon.. Yellowroses in Wisconsin

That little icon at the top is my sore thumb!! It's saying "please help me"

I have been searching for florists who have been affected by contact dermatitis, hoping to get some relief. I have been to a Dermatologist who really did nothing but prescribe steriod ointment.

I have a very nice shop in SE Wisconsin - 2 fantastic employees - lots of great customers and many corporate accounts. I love what I do and have great passion for the industry. I use 2 wire services (which I would love to talk about) This is a great way to meet new florists, exchange ideas and bounce questions off others who have "been there". (and still hang around because they love what they do!!)

It would be an honor to be accepted into your group. Hope to hear from you soon.. Yellowroses in Wisconsin

That little icon at the top is my sore thumb!! It's saying "please help me"

Ok... please go to the New Member Intro page and fill out whatever needs to be filled out, answer the questions and then post. You will have your own thread that way. By posting here (not sure why that happened) the voting process won't begin very successfully. I don't anticipate any problems for you, but please just follow the new member protocol. :) Thanks.

By the way, there are others here with contact dermatitis, and of course the WS thread are always bubbling.

V

New member intro

My name is Kevin. I own a family floral business in des moines, ia, Flowers by Anthony. Shop has been here for 54 years and I hve been here for 40 of those. Since I was 12. Did my own website flowersbyanthony.com and I love the technology of today, but like so many florists am getting tired of the wire services.

Votes?

So how many votes do you have to receive and how long
will your profile be voted on?

also I tried to change my profile as I didn't realize that was what
everyone would read to decide I was worthy, but it isn't updating
on the intro page but does in my view of my profile.
Whats up?:loopy

also I tried to change my profile as I didn't realize that was what
everyone would read to decide I was worthy, but it isn't updating
on the intro page but does in my view of my profile.
Whats up?:loopy
Changes to the profile page do not flow to the introduction post...once posted it's up there.

The images in the gallery are viewable by the public, but I think the admins are working on a problem with the gallery right now.

Members vote you "in", but I don't know about the # needed; I believe it's by points, and when you're approved, your status underneath your name will read "Registered User".
It may take a day, good luck!

You are a registered user, so as Tracy said, Ryan and the admins are investigating the problem.

V

Members vote you "in", but I don't know about the # needed;
It all depends on who votes on each member....if many "new members" vote it would require more votes than if a few long term (old foggie, nothing better to do) veterans jump on it...

Oh my gosh, I am such a dork. I didn't know I could help with the voting, I figured that my rep power was too low to participate. And here I have been reading the new member intros and not even voting!
I feel like I should go hand my head in the corner now...

Oh my gosh, I am such a dork. I didn't know I could help with the voting, I figured that my rep power was too low to participate. And here I have been reading the new member intros and not even voting!
I feel like I should go hand my head in the corner now...

No, you don't need to do that. :) Thanks for taking the time to get to know the ropes and I'm sure you'll vote regularly now.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.