Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
This is a reminder to all FlowerChat members - and a new lesson for newer members.

When a new member posts their New Member Introduction message, it's up to the membership to vote "Yes" or "No" as to whether the new member should be admitted into the community.

To cast your vote, click on the reputation button
reputation.gif
above and to the right of the post. You can approve or not approve - and your vote will be counted. Longtime members of FlowerChat and those who participate more frequently carry more "weight" in their voting.

Once the new member has received enough votes they will be promoted to full membership or have their account closed.

Please remember to vote when you're reading the New Member Introductions. This is your chance to impact how the FlowerChat community is shaped.

Cheers,

Ryan

Didn't know that. I'm still a new member, I think. So when do I get to be a full member, or will I know?

Reactions: 2 people
You're registered Ellen. That means that you have the same benefits as the remainder of us. I don't think that there is a probationary period. The fact that you can read and post on threads is an indication of your membership. That's my understanding.

What would I do with out you Mrs. Connie, keep me straight girl !:corky

I'm a bit confused

Ryan, actually I did not know New Member Introductions were to be approved, so in order to save time, I rarely read the New Member Profiles.

So how am I supposed to approve or not approve someone I do not know.

Maybe you should remind us what the difference is between Full Membership and whatever is less than that. If the difference is being able to post, I guess that is ok.

I think the important part of FlowerChat is getting MORE READERS. Florists can get a lot of education from FC and I hope they are not deprived of that because they are not Full Membersips.

Do you have a list of new members who have not been approved yet? Maybe that needs to be posted and those who know individuals on that list could be the aye or nay voters.

Can't expect this FC member from Wisconsin to vote on a new member from Tin Buck Two.

Tom Carlson

Tom,

The member approval process was widely discussed and explained when we introduced it back in September. An applicant posts about their business and the membership can vote to approve or not approve based on the introduction. Many of our members have been very diligent about vetting the applicants.

This process allows the members to determine whether or not hobbyists, basement betty's, students, etc., are allowed in. You may recall we had much discussion several months ago about what type of person was suitable for FC membership.

Ryan

We all need to become a little more aware !
Even I, who reads so much, had no idea !
Thanks Ryan for clarification.

Ryan------------release date ?????????????

Kevin

Ryan------------release date ?????????????
It's the curse of the perfectionist ... and I let the programmers have a week off for Tet. Very soon!!! Could probably sell now, but just a little more to tweak.

Ryan

I for one want this to be a totally exclusive club.

But that leaves me with Groucho's comment that he wouldn't want to belong to any club that would allow him as a member.

Sounds kind of exclusive. Not inclusive.

Hi Sophia:

It's more of a protection for all of us who so willingly share information with full members here.

We've had several instances with people who don't pay business tax, who don't have a business license etc. trying to make use of the considerable brain trust here.

The approval process is protection for members and in some cases for those aspiring to be members.

I'm an inclusionary person by nature, but this system makes sense to me.

V

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't sweat it either - the only way not to get approved here is to have 2 heads or something.

opinions vary too much here for anyone not to get in.

It's a bit like airport security.

Jon... ;)

V

Reactions: 1 person
They never even noticed the metal in my leg.

Now Twila on the other hand.....

They never even noticed the metal in my leg.

Now Twila on the other hand.....

Twila would never have seen the metal in your leg had you not used the hair conditioner when you shaved your legs......:rofl:

Twila would never have seen the metal in your leg had you not used the hair conditioner when you shaved your legs......:rofl:

This is NOT a good place to drink tea.:spin :)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.