Not open for further replies.

Dream82

Dec 25, 2003
Monee
www.dreamcatchersflowers.com
State / Prov
IL
hi!
One of my customers came in yesterday to order funeral flowers and mentioned something about making a permanent rosary out of roses...something about making the dried roses into a paste and making them into beads and making a rosary out of them. They asked at their catholic church and no one had any information on how this can be done or who does it. I was going to run a search on it, but I dont even know what to call it, as I'm not Catholic. Does anyone know where I could find someone in the Chicago area that knows how to do this?

Thanks,
Katrina

This is a very old....

tradition, and for years, floral suppliers carried rosaries, with little bell type cups, to which you could fasten/glue either fresh, dried, or artificial flowers or similar. Though it was never WILDLY popular, there WAS enough of a demand, that a few suppliers carried these rosaries, and I believe, one in particular, here, still has some in stock, though I'd have to check.....

Those are still very popular in our area. In fact, I did one for this funeral out of fresh spray roses...it had the metal prong shaped thing and that you close around the stem of the flower. My customer would like to preserve the roses that were in the rosary so that they have the whole thing to keep in memory of their mother. Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much for finding that website for me. That is exactly what my customer said she wants to do with them. I really appreciate it. I had no idea what she was talking about, and she was having a hard time explaining it to me. Since time was of the essence, I didn't have weeks to spend reasearching. Thank you very much. You have made me look very good in the eyes of my customer!

Status
Not open for further replies.