S.Malik Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I Just wanted to clarify how iflorist operate, and also my role as the lead designer for www.iflorist.co.uk . I think there are several things to concider within the industry that can be emotive, but which are important for all florists and flower shops.

iflorist is an online floral & gifting platform that enables florists to receive orders that have been generated by our range of websites, customers, business clients and partners.

I design and photograph all the photographs that appear on our websites and that are featured in marketing and promotions, so I would say that it is fair to call myself a florist!

Hopefully the 400 designs I have created, show that I have a little bit of experiance :)

I believe iflorist is quite unique, in that we have created gifting platform that enables customers to choose gifts that cater for there exact requirement, if that is a 'a thankyou bouquet for under £20' , a designer bouquet for £100 or funeral arrangement.

Our bouquets are sold as different ranges, and the reason for this is to be able to compete with online only retailers that have a 'mass produce' courier service.

So our Florist range is delivered by florists and our courier ranges are created by central floristry business and dispatched by courier in the UK , Canada, Holland and Australia.

We find that our customers will buy regular 'cheaper bouquets' but also come back for that special occasion when an individullay created bouquet from a local florist is required.

We do not charge supscription fees, sign-up fees or any other charges, and have over 1400 florists that reguarly deliver work for us in the UK, and now that we have good coverage in the UK, are looking to recruit florists in other countries.

Over the past six months we have been extremly hectic, and have invested over £100,00 in our new web site and ecommerce platform, in order to enable orders to easily sent to our suppliers in several currencies and in four languages.

I would say that we have a good reputation in the indsutry, especially for our understanding of web and how to market ourselves online and also how we treate our florist suppliers.

What I think is of the upmost importance is to provide a reliable service to a customer, so that they become long term customers, equally important is to ensure that the relationship with a supplier is good so that it also long term.

So I would also say that iflorist is a florist business, in that we design bouquets and sell them, our suppliers who are florists create and delivery them for us.

I belive that iflorist can play an important role within a florist shop's business, in that we create good value orders for our florists using our own designs, and work hard to develop relationships with companies to encourage customers to buy from florists.

A good example of this was 'PS I Love you' the movie released by Momentum films, in which we sent posters to every florist in the UK, and encouraged them to use our design for themselves, whilst promoting the movie and ourselves.

So I think it is fair to say we do more that use web tricks to create orders, we are a business that has embraced the internet, whilst fully supporting and helping local florist shops, whithout burdening them with monthly fees, and sign-up costs.

We strongly believe that by being fair to all our suppliers and customers together with investing in technology, we are creating a business that will grow from strength to strength and compliments and helps local flower shops around the globe.

Chrissy

If you didn't have real florists filling your orders would your company still exist on what is produced and shipped from central design? And why would you NOT allow local florists to use your design to promote movie and your company? Were they paid anything for using a design that promoted your business or how did their business benefit from the promotion?

Wow, I overlooked this post until this morning. While I agree with Bloomz we should ask questions before making judgements most of the time. I don't have to ask many questions to know that I am not interested in paying a per order fee to receive an order. If you want me to pay a fair price per year for advertising me I will considerate it. That is advertising, that is beneficial to both of us. Taking a fee on a per order basis is not beneficial to my customer or to myself unless it is a fee that I choose to pay and not my customer. This is exactly why I will not fill TF headquarter orders. The customer has to pay them to get the order to me. I don't have a problem paying a per order fee for web orders because the customer pays only me and I pay TF per order for providing the website for me.

About asking questions... I didn't see any questions asked of him by the florist here who thought we should ask questions first. Maybe you did that in a private message? If so who did that help make a decision.

As far as opening the door to a basement betty. Basement bettys who handle flowers at least have a passion for flowers and expanding their knowledge. They have come here to learn and grow and hopefully be like us some day! If you don't want to share your knowledge of design or the like you can choose not to. Learning is about asking questions and asking for help. I don't however care to open our door to the guy or girl who has a passion but has never worked in a flower shop yet. To them I would say go get a least a basic education by working and then come back here.

Anyways, I vote no. Lets not educate him on how to do a job better that he seems to already know how to do well enough, skim!

Joan

How iflorist works

By designing and producing designs which follow a marketing theme, we are able to leverage marketing to encourage customers to purchase specific bouquets which are produced by our network of florists, it takes time and money to set these deals up and we found from the feedback that our florists gave us, they throught is a great promotion.

This was te campaign https://www.iflorist.co.uk/ps_i_love_you.aspx

and this was the bouquet we designed http://www.iflorist.co.uk/p-1878-ps-i-love-you.aspx

Sales and marketing is very time consuming, and sadly many florists do not have the time or budget to create things for themselves, so we see this as a win / win, we pull the deals together and give the benefit to all our member florists, remember we do not charge any fees and force florists to buy design guides or sundries, we just work on creating more orders and in turn increase the amount of orders that we send to our florists.

Keeping things simple is the key to our business model...

somebody do the splits please

I don't have moderator status on this thread but S Malik has grown into about three different introductions/subjects at once!!!

As such I think it needs to be pruned, chopped in half or something before I loose the will to live scrolling back and forth trying to work out who is responding to what.

In the meantime have said no to Flower M - not because I dislike iflorist but because I think her replies are getting lost in the rush.

Carrie

Carrie -

This thread has literally been all over the map. ;)

I looked for a way to move the not-about-Mr. Malik-posts, but the direction of the conversation changed from 'specific' to 'general' around post #100. We're now at #146 and splitting off bits and pieces (which are answers to questions posed in previous posts) would make the remaining posts very difficult to follow.

I'm leaving it 'as is' for now. Maybe another mod can tackle it, but it's beyond my brain power ATM. :boggles:

Just curious - what percent (or service fee?) do you take for transmitting the order to the fulfillng shop?

Sorry but still wondering the answer to this question.

Thanks

Back to the other topic:

About asking questions... I didn't see any questions asked of him by the florist here who thought we should ask questions first. Maybe you did that in a private message? If so who did that help make a decision.

Joan

Yes I did - I'm all about picking brains of those that are doing something more effectively than me.

I picked the ftd.con dude for every tidbit I could get and even plied with alcohol to loosen the tongue - but found out more about TF than I did FTD since he was new there.

I got some good useful information from him as well.

Sorry ... that sounded bad

Carrie -

This thread has literally been all over the map. ;)

I looked for a way to move the not-about-Mr. Malik-posts, but the direction of the conversation changed from 'specific' to 'general' around post #100. We're now at #146 and splitting off bits and pieces (which are answers to questions posed in previous posts) would make the remaining posts very difficult to follow.

I'm leaving it 'as is' for now. Maybe another mod can tackle it, but it's beyond my brain power ATM. :boggles:

Cathy ... that wasn't meant to be aimed at you as I knew you were going to try, I should have kept schtum. Sorry.
C

This tidbit that I wrote was meant for S.Malik not anyone has fragmented this post. Sorry if it was confusing.

Wow, I overlooked this post until this morning. While I agree with Bloomz we should ask questions before making judgements most of the time. I don't have to ask many questions to know that I am not interested in paying a per order fee to receive an order. If you want me to pay a fair price per year for advertising me I will considerate it. That is advertising, that is beneficial to both of us. Taking a fee on a per order basis is not beneficial to my customer or to myself unless it is a fee that I choose to pay and not my customer. This is exactly why I will not fill TF headquarter orders. The customer has to pay them to get the order to me. I don't have a problem paying a per order fee for web orders because the customer pays only me and I pay TF per order for providing the website for me.

As far as opening the door to a basement betty. Basement bettys who handle flowers at least have a passion for flowers and expanding their knowledge. They have come here to learn and grow and hopefully be like us some day! If you don't want to share your knowledge of design or the like you can choose not to. Learning is about asking questions and asking for help. I don't however care to open our door to the guy or girl who has a passion but has never worked in a flower shop yet. To them I would say go get a least a basic education by working and then come back here.

Anyways, I vote no. Lets not educate him on how to do a job better that he seems to already know how to do well enough, skim!

Joan

Status
Not open for further replies.