S.Malik Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Malik

May 9, 2008
New Delhi
State / Prov
New Delhi
Recently Started this Online Shop for Flowers. Getting affiliated to all Big Florists, and local florists so as to get people to buy from them.

Reactions: 1 person
Show us your web site please.

Are you a florist or only an online service?

My website is Shop Online Flowers. Afraid to say that I am not a Florist but an Online Service, as you rightly said. An Online Marketer, to be more precise. Know how to raise my website from a search engine's perspective.

My passion for flowers made me start a Flower website. I am trying to tie up with local florist websites so that I could send orders to them. I mean the transactions shall be done on the concerned florist's website. However, I shall only act as a Traffic aggregator.

Open to suggestions & thanks for enquiring.

Drop-ship = Drop-kick.

Thank you for playing, though.
any particular reason for not liking drop-ships?
wt if someone sitting next to me in my office asks for a florist in eugene? wont u be interested in taking an order?
moreover i am not here for business. i m here as a chat member. just want to know how things work here. heard about your forum in search engine land by cathy.
u may vote me out. not a problem. thanks though.

I would say this is not the place for you. Thank you for your interest however, and if your passion for flowers turns into a lifelong committment in a hands on business try again.

Kind regards.

V

I would say this is not the place for you. Thank you for your interest however, and if your passion for flowers turns into a lifelong committment in a hands on business try again.

Kind regards.

V
Dear Fellows,

Were all the red dots made for me?

I have been referred to as:

1. Drop-Ship
2. Competition
3. Not a Real Florist.
4. Wolf

Guys, I really have no intention to offend anyone. What do you think that a Forum or a community is all about? Other than linking to each other and knowing each other's thoughts!

I browsed some of you guys websites too and found that most of you are delivering flowers to almost any area of US. What does that mean? For an area where you are not physically present, you and me are equals.

And my dear friends in faith, I DO NOT sell flowers. I am just a MARKETER. A TRAFFIC AGGREGATOR not a FLORIST or claiming to be a FLORIST. The flowers would ultimately be sent by you. YOU are the one who would receive the orders if ever we think of working together (for which I am not here. I am here to know and understand what a real florist is like.)

The whole game of survival depends upon co-operation. Online Business is just that. The more you co-operate, the more easier it is for you to understand each other, make money and find out ways for Mutual Survival because there would always be reasons to fight.

Thank you.

I consider myself voted out as I will have to PAY for being truthful to you.

And this actually show that Real florists are not that flowery at heart after all.
:smoke

You're right about that. We are real people in a real business, working really hard to maintain our integrity with customers and ourselves.

There is nothing really against you personally... it's all about the nature of the business you are in.

V

You're right about that. We are real people in a real business, working really hard to maintain our integrity with customers and ourselves.

There is nothing really against you personally... it's all about the nature of the business you are in.

V
Just what you thot the nature of my biz is? dear mam, i start a website - i look for REAL FLORISTS in REAL AREAS, i tie up with them, market my website online and turn the orders to those REAL FLORISTS for materialising them? who is the beneficiary? - both of us - U and ME. so where is the problem? if somebody is searching to send flowers to southdale rd ontario canada from somewhere in zimbabwe, i assist that guy in finding YOU. which i am sure you would never be able to .. can u? why do u think affiliate marketing started??
think some logic friends. where r u?

Dear Fellows,

The red dots indicate that you have negative votes as to your membership application. Nothing personal, it's the way we vet members here.

1. Drop-Ship
2. Competition
3. Not a Real Florist.
4. Wolf
You'll have to understand that as brick and mortar florist, we are fiercely protective of our industry, our livelyhood. As such, we don't take kindly to another middleman getting between customers and the actual person who delivers the actual product.
Guys, I really have no intention to offend anyone. What do you think that a Forum or a community is all about? Other than linking to each other and knowing each other's thoughts!
This forum isn't based on link sharing at all. It's for discussion of trade issues. We do not share these lightly with the general public.

I browsed some of you guys websites too and found that most of you are delivering flowers to almost any area of US. What does that mean? For an area where you are not physically present, you and me are equals.
It is not a question of equality based on selling pictures online...... I would venture to say that 90% of the active members here actually physically touch a flower they have sold every day.

And my dear friends in faith, I DO NOT sell flowers. I am just a MARKETER. A TRAFFIC AGGREGATOR not a FLORIST or claiming to be a FLORIST.
Which is precisely why this is probably not the place for you.
The flowers would ultimately be sent by you. YOU are the one who would receive the orders if ever we think of working together (for which I am not here. I am here to know and understand what a real florist is like.)
Then you might want to try working in a real florist - first hand knowledge & experience beats anything you'll read on a chat board.
The whole game of survival depends upon co-operation. Online Business is just that. The more you co-operate, the more easier it is for you to understand each other, make money and find out ways for Mutual Survival because there would always be reasons to fight.
That is precisely what we do here, which is why I also decline to accept your membership at this time.

good luck,
tracy

Reactions: 3 people
I prefer to deal directly with a real hands on florist, not a nebulous being who doesn't have a vested interest in a brick and mortar shop with taxes and all the other bells and whistles that come with being a business person in this industry. I choose not to deal with drop shippers... it's my choice after all.

Kind regards.

V

Dear Fellows,

1. Drop-Ship
2. Competition
3. Not a Real Florist.
4. Wolf

And my dear friends in faith, I DO NOT sell flowers. I am just a MARKETER. A TRAFFIC AGGREGATOR not a FLORIST or claiming to be a FLORIST. The flowers would ultimately be sent by you. YOU are the one who would receive the orders if ever we think of working together (for which I am not here. I am here to know and understand what a real florist is like.)

Thank you.

I consider myself voted out as I will have to PAY for being truthful to you.

The Forum is about Real Florists...the kind that have flowers readily available to show their customers, not someone sitting in a foreign country "gathering" orders, keeping a service fee and making the consumer think that ALL of their Money is going to the Real Florist....we call you Order Gatherers and altho in many respects we all gather orders to a certain degree..at least those of us that have websites, show our addresses, have flowers to sell, touch and smell, charge a modest service fee, keep the money in our local communities, do not charge more money and send less thereby disappointing the consumer etc etc....so if you do not feel welcomed here, it probably is not the forum for you...unless of course you are a Real Local Florist in your neighborhood in India.
Bu-Bye now
Sher
i t

Don't think so

flora2000.com:wallhead:

Flora 2000 is owned, and according to his business card, was founded by Rehan yar Khan who I met when I chaired the World Flower Congress in Holland last year. I'm not saying they are good .. I have my own issues with them because they claim they use Master Florists which enters into trade mark infringement terriorty, but I'm not sure this guy is the same company.
C

Guys,

I accept you are real florists sitting in your own areas who touch & smell flowers daily and I am actually devoid of this blessing. But please try to understand. Can you actually serve a person who is sitting far off from you. You have your own limitations and I have mine. But together we can just help each other.

@Tracypieface: I didnt mean link building in the SEO sense when I said "linking to each other" I meant exchange of thoughts and interacting.

I will tell you my intentions. Please listen and understand with a cool mind. I know you people are really red at 1800flowers, proflowers & FTD or teleflora or whatever it is.

1. I have started this business just a month back. I AFFILIATED with Flora2000.com. So I actually drive traffic to flora2000.com and I can do that for anyone. It doesnt really matter to me.
2. I am ready to do business on your terms which is to say that the Modest fee that you charge your customers would remain as it is. I will use your names and telephone nos on my website. I shall just add a very minimal fee to your modest fee (may be $10 per order). The orders will be sent to you. You would be doing the sales, delivery and the post-sales.
3. I am just acting as your outsourced Marketing Department.
4. Again, I plan to use your names as per the respective areas that I mention on my website. So if someone from you is a florist in London Ontario , Canada, my website shall clearly mention that XYZ florist located in London Ontario Canada shall hand-deliver your flowers (with your names and addresses written on it)
5. I will use YOUR floral designs on my websites and YOUR description of the designs with whatever flowers you say.
6. I used flora2000.com because that was the only website I knew of at that time but pushing off from him is like the snap of a finger for me. I can very well pull myself out whenever I wish and then I shall add one webpage for each of the Real Florist on my website for each of you. I will optimise it and you will receive the orders.
7. Nowhere on my website shall I mention that I am a real florist and everything will be as ethical as YOU wish it to be.
8. I am NOT AT ALL 1800, FTD or TELEFLORA. I am trying to define a new segment. And with your help, we shall be able to do it.
9. I am coming up with a new website on a larger scale and if you wish I can make it a directory of LOCAL REAL FLORISTS. It will take around 6 to 7 months for me to optimise it but it will really be helpful to anyone searching to place order by a real florist.

Also, I dont intend to take away your loyal customers for you because we both have a different targeted group. Mine is the person who is sitting really far away from you and your targeted customer is the person in or around your city.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.