S.Malik Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think I have earned my right by frustrations of the floral industry. I go back to a time that when if you were FTD that really had some meaning to it and they didn't let just anyone in because they paid dues. Back then FTD was truly a cooperative effort owned by the members, then they sold out.

Yes I go back to the frustrations when the grocery stores first started selling flowers and how the florists tried to keep them out of the wire service, so what happed.....The Kroger company bought Teleflora and that was that.

I have experienced the fight between wholeslaers, importers, brokers, farm direct shippers and the farms themselves.

I have seen much evolution within this industry over the last 40 plus years and I think I do very well understand the frustrations of this industry and know how you and other long timers in this community have been beating for years, just know that you and this forum are not the only group of florists fighting the fight.

I may not have been vocal on Flower Chat for very long true; however, I have been fighting with and for the Real Florists for years and years the same as my family has done before me. Even as a wholesaler I was very vocal for the retail florist and did everything a professional wholesaler should do to protect the interests of the Real Florists even to the point of fighting in court because I refused to sell a street vendor that was taking business from my loyal 52 week a year customers selling roses on the corner for Valentines Day.

Yes I have only 14 posts here but let me remind you that I was voted in and accepted into the community which would give me every right to voice my opinions the same as you or anyone else.

I didn't take your comment as an insult either, just want to set the record straight on my experience level. For the record I have not voted on Mr. Malik because I am still doing my homework on the things he has been saying. So my mind too is wide open until I have all the facts I need to make an informed decision.

Reactions: 2 people
Dear Fellows,

Were all the red dots made for me?

I have been referred to as:

1. Drop-Ship
2. Competition
3. Not a Real Florist.
4. Wolf

Guys, I really have no intention to offend anyone. What do you think that a Forum or a community is all about? Other than linking to each other and knowing each other's thoughts!

I browsed some of you guys websites too and found that most of you are delivering flowers to almost any area of US. What does that mean? For an area where you are not physically present, you and me are equals.

And my dear friends in faith, I DO NOT sell flowers. I am just a MARKETER. A TRAFFIC AGGREGATOR not a FLORIST or claiming to be a FLORIST. The flowers would ultimately be sent by you. YOU are the one who would receive the orders if ever we think of working together (for which I am not here. I am here to know and understand what a real florist is like.)

The whole game of survival depends upon co-operation. Online Business is just that. The more you co-operate, the more easier it is for you to understand each other, make money and find out ways for Mutual Survival because there would always be reasons to fight.

Thank you.

I consider myself voted out as I will have to PAY for being truthful to you.

There is no reason for anyone to buy flowers from someone who does not sell flowers...Let me ask you this, Do you know what flowers are available at any time of the year? Do you know what the funeral traditions are for different faiths and different parts of the country? Are you aware that some green plants are harder to get than others? Are you even aware that some varieties of roses or cut flowers need to be ordered ahead of time?

These are just some of the reasons that services like yours are a detriment to our industry. Soem of these evry issues took me a full 5 or 6 years of just working in flowers shops to learn. Services like yours just set customers up for dissapointment in what should be a wonderful trasaction. From not getting the correct information for timely deliveries to ordering flowers that are not available where and when your customer needs them are just a few os the possble problems. It is better left up to professionals in the field to get the orders where they need to go. Therein lies the difference to your company and real florists...So in essence even though many of us have international sending abilities equal we are not...
Thanks for appling but no thanks...

I didn't take your comment as an insult either, just want to set the record straight on my experience level. For the record I have not voted on Mr. Malik because I am still doing my homework on the things he has been saying. So my mind too is wide open until I have all the facts I need to make an informed decision.

Thank you - I didn't mean to question your experience and thanks for sharing it.

I was rather referring to how many times on this board we've beat these topics to death, as well as a few times I've seen people run off just because they admit to order gathering. It gets very antagonistic very fast and turns ugly, and then a possible source of great useful information is stifled. Who's gonna share with others that call him names? I know - I've been the target in the past because I openly admit to gathering orders. Maybe I'm the "token OG" up in here. I'm lucky I have very thick skin.

We can definately learn from order gatherers - I like to play follow the leader, and many ideas I have are copied directly from the 800TFTD.cons.

I sure ain't gonna follow those that do nothing but gripe about the way things are changing - been there done that got the t-shirt.

Thanks again

bloomz

Thank you - I didn't mean to question your experience and thanks for sharing it.

I was rather referring to how many times on this board we've beat these topics to death, as well as a few times I've seen people run off just because they admit to order gathering. It gets very antagonistic very fast and turns ugly, and then a possible source of great useful information is stifled. Who's gonna share with others that call him names? I know - I've been the target in the past because I openly admit to gathering orders. Maybe I'm the "token OG" up in here. I'm lucky I have very thick skin.

We can definately learn from order gatherers - I like to play follow the leader, and many ideas I have are copied directly from the 800TFTD.cons.

I sure ain't gonna follow those that do nothing but gripe about the way things are changing - been there done that got the t-shirt.

Thanks again

bloomz

But, Bloomz, you are a different type of order gatherer..You actually have a flower shop and sell flowers...You know what you can and cannot get delivered you posess actual flower shop knowledge....Huge difference...I would accept your orders anyday over some person who could be selling flowers or drop shipped sauder furniture just the same...

I am truly baffled at the acceptance of this applicant, but the majority rules.

V

Me too

V

Not coz he's been accepted but how! My pitchfork may be static but I haven't cast a vote. Off to understand the rules methinks. And set a load of questions for Mr Malik.
C

Trust me Vic - I've been just as baffled by many others, primarily home based businesses that want advice on how to compete with us, then get an order and ask what they should make. I really figure that's a one way street. I'm hoping this one goes two ways.

But - like you said - majority rules.....

V

Me too! Baffled! I disapproved and said that we might as well let roofers join. This is not a forum for his industry. I also am insulted that it was said that we can learn online marketing from him?! I have found many, many florists on this forum that have posted and pm'd me with a wealth of knowledge about online marketing and websites. I would much rather allow an IT graduate join than this OG. By allowing OG's here we are letting them view us naked and therefore loading their guns that they use to shoot us. I view this forum as a place for FLORISTS....get your own forum so we can hide in your bushes!

Phew....feeling a bit better getting that off my chest. ;)

Reactions: 3 people
opinions vary...

blessings

Well, Bloomz, vote hold more weight than anyone elses....The more rep you have the more weight your vote holds....

I may be wrong but I believe he has the best rep of all that posted Carrington may have more but she said she did not vote...

Florapro is brand new and hold barely any weight in voting...

Well, Bloomz, vote hold more weight than anyone elses....The more rep you have the more weight your vote holds....

.....do what? You mean those with rep power have more clout? That is kinda like an aristocratic society. I think the process is flawed and needs to be reviewed. We 'flowershopownersnobs' demand to be heard!

...I demand a re-count and a re-vote.
Where are the red dots and how do you vote a non-florist out?

:thumbsup

I smell a revolution brewing! :)

**where is that hippie dude picture of the
SanFran Mkt St-Haight Ashbury hiding?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm all for learning, however, I have serious doubts that I'll learn much from someone who sells flowers through cyber space.

A great lesson to be learned from this incident members, is to remember to vote. For in the long run, every vote does matter and counts.

I also notice, the silence from Mr. Malik's part of the planet is deafening.

V

.....do what? You mean those with rep power have more clout? That is kinda like an aristocratic society. I think the process is flawed and needs to be reviewed. We 'flowershopownersnobs' demand to be heard!

...I demand a re-count and a re-vote.
Where are the red dots and how do you vote a non-florist out?

:thumbsup

I smell a revolution brewing! :)

Maybe we can have ryan explain how that works, but I believe that the more rep power you have the more your rep counts...For instance if a new person gives me a red dot because they have squat for rep it does no damage to me, but if I get chr or bloomz, po'd at me and they give me a red dot it would hurt because they have a higher standing than I do. That is how all rep powers work on almost all boards, unless I am not understanding...

I voted no. I agree we can learn from anyone, though I am very very hesitant to welcome someone here whose business model is pretty much diametrically the opposite of what real florists are supposed to represent....

majority did rule, and I respect that.

I also notice, the silence from Mr. Malik's part of the planet is deafening.
Might be because it's 2am in New Dehli?

Maybe we can have ryan explain how that works, but I believe that the more rep power you have the more your rep counts...For instance if a new person gives me a red dot because they have squat for rep it does no damage to me, but if I get chr or bloomz, po'd at me and they give me a red dot it would hurt because they have a higher standing than I do. That is how all rep powers work on almost all boards, unless I am not understanding...

.....well, that goes far into explaining ALL the lurkers bloomz was worried about in the other thread.

Might be because it's 2am in New Dehli?

We we don't sleep - why should he get to?

I mean, he has new opinions up in here he needs to respond to! :rofl:

Yes - I've been guilty of posting here at 4AM before - 2AM - all the time!

Wait a minute! I am a fairly new member and I was very excited to join and be accepted into this community however allowing non florists in changes my feelings on FlowerChat entirely it defeats the purpose of it's existance.

Reactions: 1 person
We have people that are members here from all the major wire services if I remember right, including some technicians and sales people, as well as many home based businesses. Don't kid yourself that this is pure brick and mortar florists up in here.

Diversity, baby....makes the world go round

Ya know - I got my hands on a National Flora Handbook (one of THE ORIGINAL NON-FLORIST OG's) and learned a GAGGLE of new stuff from it. I still have it and think I'll get it out and brush up again. All about HOW TO MAKE THE SALE.

No I won't share it.

rock on...

Ok so he is an order gatherer in India-fine, how does he wire the orders? Probably the same old same old, a WS. He suggests we need him to help market our stores to the world, I rather disagree. If you show up on Google well and have a good independant website, you will be found by anyone with a computer anywhere in the world, possibly even by Aliens on other planets. You do not need an order gatherer to help you, you will not need to belong to any wire service.

This industry is changing fast and I really feel its gonna get better, call me nutty!:GP

Status
Not open for further replies.