Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
by now, most of you have heard that the BIGGEST ROCK CONCERT in NORTH AMERICAN HISTORY transpired last night, at the sight of the old Downsview base, in Toronto, and that almost 10% of the attendees, were our friends from south of the border!
Thank you all for this support...a couple of the organizing committee, that are also friends, said they stopped counting admissions, when they reached 430,000 people, and some estimates come in at over 500,000 people in one place, listening and frolicking to the antics and sounds, of some of the BEST MUSIC BANDS in history...my fav's...AC/DC, and The Guess Who.
I think The Stones should retire....
Just my humbleness showing through....
This weekend, Sandie, I, and two others have corporate box seats for the rest of the season hopefully, for the remainder of the season, to try and get our beloved Tiger Cats into the "win" column...fingers and toes crossed!!
Mike

:) If the Stones were retired, there wouldn't have been a Sarstock...boy that man can move...

The music was awesome...the 1/2 a million people had a great time and Toronto and the organizers should be very proud of a job well done.

I absolutely LOVED the I AM CANADIAN commercials...:)

I hope your "Cats" win...

I love the new beer ads.

What I want to know is why I keep meeting "Monday" when I'd much more of a "Tuesday" kind of girl..

Audra :beer

Many weeks I'm a "girl Friday"... ;) Mee too also for the beer please. :beer

Guess what was on OUR LOCAL NEWS this Morning in Detroit?

We are the Proud recipents of All that TRASH generated at the concert!

Ah Blue...we're sorry...hey it's one of the few things that can easily get across the border these days. ;) No cows...although they served Canadian beef at the concert...hmmmm...they best go through that garbage at the crossing...just in case.:rolleyes:

Re: Guess what was on OUR LOCAL NEWS this Morning in Detroit?

Originally posted by Blue Oyster Cult
We are the Proud recipents of All that TRASH generated at the concert!

Yep and it SUX that WE have to deal with others TRASH 194K tons to be exact from the concert alone !

Since the politicians can't seem to make things right, OUR ONLY HOPE is for the Canadian people to push for the RIGHT THING !

This is really starting to P*SS me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I understand your being Pissed off Boss, the buck doesn't stop with the Canadian people...the buck(s) stop with the powers that be in your State who accept loads of cash along with the loads of trash...money generally talks louder than most things.

Personally, I think TO should find other ways to deal with the garbage...hmmm...maybe a barge...no that's been done before elsewhere...that didn't work either.

Also, education of trash creating people would be a really good start...start at the source and work from there.

Leave it alone V....

I think Boss and all others, in this path of trash, have a right to be pissed....we DID have the option of disposing of this stuff in northern mines...and somehow let it slip through!
Our US friends have laws in place that allow, many more methods of trash disposal, than we have, and as correct as you are, the money for trash, could be used for alternate disposal plans, that naturally TORONTO doesn't have the willpower to deal with.
EVEN HERE...our recycling rate is pushing past 60%, and at garbage day, many of us are very pleased with the fewer and fewer garbage "bags" being left out for pickup up.
Most homes around here have multiple recycling bins, INCLUDING perishibles...it CAN be done, and Toronto just doesn't have the willpower.
And hopefully our friends across the border find ways to accomplish this as well...let's face it, a good chunk of people are just pigs, and don't care where the trash goes, but a growing part really care.
Mike

Thanks Mikey, and V

Please do not take my comments personally....I KNOW its about CASH for TRASH, but that does not make it right.

We have and are still *****'n to our powers that be, but perhaps if our Canadian friends told their officials its time to keep it within our borders, something might be done.

Not that this makes a difference, but Canada has far more "open-space", unpopulated area, where a real Recycling center could be built, far away from folks, and deal with this MESS.

I would be just as vocal, if it were MY trash being sold to Toronto, that too would be WRONG !

Just amazes me, that MY STATE, having the most fresh water in the WORLD, would chance polluting it by sticking more garbage in the ground !

mark

Maybe you should remember that at ballot box time and send your message loud and clear the chief moron in charge, or start a campaign to reverse this or at least put it to a referendum. Toronto's garbage was earmarked for an abondoned mine in (I not exactly clear what town but Kirkland Lake springs to mind, Mikey will correct me if I'm wrong) but the locals kicked up such a stink the the idea was shelved, remember the power of action is the only thing that politicians fear, bellyaching gets lip service, getting thousands of protest letters and actual protesters get action.

Sunny

See what I mean, even other Canadians do not want Torontos trash...why can;t Toronto deal with their own problem ??

Sorry for my ignorance, but i/we get little info on your country, here sout-uv-da-boda...

THere will always be someone willing to do anything for the right amount of money, still don;t make it right.

mark

BOSS, I think some are trying

I know Deb Stabenow and Mike Rogers are working on a plan in Lansing to stop the flow of this Trash.

But and I do mean BUT there is this NAFTA agreement thing standing in the way:mad: Federal Courts just might throw out any chance to stop the flow.

Another Boner thanks to Clinton.:ar15

Almost right Sunny...

all this trash was supposed to be shipped by truck and rail to the abandoned "Adams' Mine Pits" up near the communities of Timiskaming-Cochrane ....
Mike

Thanks Mikey. But the point was kick up enough **** and other peoples won't get dumped on your head.

Re: Re: Guess what was on OUR LOCAL NEWS this Morning in Detroit?

Originally posted by BOSS
Yep and it SUX that WE have to deal with others TRASH 194K tons to be exact from the concert alone !

Since the politicians can't seem to make things right, OUR ONLY HOPE is for the Canadian people to push for the RIGHT THING !

This is really starting to P*SS me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, I'm sorry you end up with so much trash from Ontario. I also hope the American people will talk to members of Congress and help us get our Softwood lumber and our BEEF ban lifted in the U.S. :)

Re: Sunny

Originally posted by BOSS
See what I mean, even other Canadians do not want Torontos trash...why can;t Toronto deal with their own problem ??

Sorry for my ignorance, but i/we get little info on your country, here sout-uv-da-boda...

THere will always be someone willing to do anything for the right amount of money, still don;t make it right.

mark

Yes the topic of trash in Ontario has been around for awhile, at one time the NDP government of Bob Rae wanted to dump it in Duro Mine located in Marmora Ontario, this is going back to 1993, 94, the seat used to be held by a Minister and his own home town to say the least there was if I remember 800+ signs on lawns and other protest forms.

Mayor Mel will be gone by Jan. and the new Mayor might have the good sense to deal with the trash locally. Ship it all to Iraq haahahah.

Article in Globe and Mail regarding a Michigan company blasting and mining for gravel on a rather pristine area of Lake Superior...we apparently are just as greedy, with little or no regard for the land around us. If I can I'll send the article to you Mark.

V

Thanks V

Yes, we DO have Autrocities we perportrate (sp) on ourselves too....

Like the water botteling plant they built that uses 2 million gallons a day, and the mining you mention....

I'm starting to think Green Peace ain;t so bad after all....

Status
Not open for further replies.