Holiday
www.shavonsweddingsilks.com
State / Prov
Florida
My web address is http://www.shavonsweddingsilks.com
I've been in business for 8 years.
I do not have any formal training.
I was referred through Yahoo search.
Getting to know other members and learning new things.
I think I can contribute a lot to the community.
I operate from my residence. Although I do have a floral studio.

Reactions: 8 people
First, thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions. While this community is geared to fresh florals I do have a couple of questions. Are you a registered business with a license and taxes and the like?

V

although, personally, I didn't find anything extraordinary regarding your designs on your website, I suppose you fill a niche. I will not be voting either way. I will say, I prefer those who can work with fresh, real flowers here. I find it takes very little talent (sorry some of you) to make silk flower arrangements that the norm find appealing (too many craft fairs, I suppose)
Do not take this personally, tis just my beliefs.

I have to agree with Rhonda, I also don't find anything extraordinary regarding the designs on the site. Seems to me they are all pretty much the same design technique with different flowers.

While I also would prefer the florist on this site to be ones who work with fresh, I have also seen florist voted in here with pics of their work at a very amature (sp?) level. However, working with fresh vs silks is very different.

I am more concerned with if you pay sales tax and alike, are you a real business?

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh. We are a little protective of our community here.

I will not vote either way, yet, I would like some more info first please.

I think you have some very nice bouquets presented on your website, much nicer than some members can complete with fresh flowers... I think there is a larger demand for silk bouquets than some florist would like to think. If you operate a legal business I don't see why you couldnt be part of our community.
Hey guys since when do we judge based on peoples design skills?

You're absolutely right Janice. As mentioned above I would like to ensure the applicant is running a legitimate business.

V

My web address is http://www.shavonsweddingsilks.com
I've been in business for 8 years.
I do not have any formal training.
I was referred through Yahoo search.
Getting to know other members and learning new things.
I think I can contribute a lot to the community.
I operate from my residence. Although I do have a floral studio.

hey you~ welcome to flower chat~~ it's Tracy~

You're absolutely right Janice. As mentioned above I would like to ensure the applicant is running a legitimate business.

V
her and I have been talking on My space for a couple of years now she is an all silk designer and runs a legit business . I think her work is very nice and some customers may only want silks. she's done many bridal shows, and handles herself very professionally~my 2 cents~:umok:

Hello, I run a legit business. I pay my taxes. Why? Do most people who design with artificial flowers not pay taxes? We should turn them in right away. LOL. But thanks for asking!

I am on preferred vendors lists for many of the reception venues in this area as well as wedding and event planners across the nation. So I think I'm a pretty well established business in the wedding industry.

Oh yes, hello Tracy! Thanks for sticking up for me!

Has any one here ever designed using natural touch flowers?

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you for answering the questions and for showing your sense of humour. ;)

When I first started working with flowers, it was silk all the way. I evolved to fresh eventually.

And Tracy thanks for the helpful recommendation.

So, I say welcome.

Hello, I run a legit business. I pay my taxes. Why? Do most people who design with artificial flowers not pay taxes? We should turn them in right away.
Please don't be offended - there are many
"hobby florists" who run their "businesses" without benefit of any licensing or taxes. It happens very frequently - some of us prefer they not be privy to all of the helpful info here, while having the benefit of NOT paying the legal fees to be a valid business.

I think your work is really lovely - welcome.

:)

Hello, I run a legit business. I pay my taxes. Why? Do most people who design with artificial flowers not pay taxes? We should turn them in right away. LOL. But thanks for asking!

I am on preferred vendors lists for many of the reception venues in this area as well as wedding and event planners across the nation. So I think I'm a pretty well established business in the wedding industry.

Oh yes, hello Tracy! Thanks for sticking up for me!

Has any one here ever designed using natural touch flowers?
Welcome to flower chat. I am interested in knowing more about natural
touch flowers. website? where to buy?
I am surprised that you have enough call for silk wedding flowers though.
That is interesting. Do you do other than just weddings....do you do
home designs?

home designs?
She has giving me a lot of helpful info on where to order silks SHE sells MANY..

Welcome to flowerchat, i occasionally get asked for silks when people are getting married abroad so i may need to pick your brains now and again.

Look forward to chatting!!

Hi Shavon, I had a look at your website and was really impressed. You do very nice work and there is obviously a market (or you're making a market) in silk arranging. I have no problem with you being a member of FC. Welcome!

Question for senior FC'ers: How the heck do I vote? Green Dot In? Red Dot Out? (I've been meaning to ask this question for a while)

Reactions: Dorothy
home designs?

First of all, thanks to everyone that voted for me!

I don't think there's going to be artificial wedding florists taking over the industry, but I do about 2-7 weddings a week. A far cry I'm sure from what you guys book. Of course, I don't have a full staff either. It's just me and my assistant. But this is what I do for a living. And I cater to just weddings.

Floraseda in Canada has the floramatique. Flowers by design has fresh touch (btw, fresh touch, natural touch, real touch is all the same) And most of my supply comes from my local supplier. She has 3 warehouses full. There are a few others. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.