Show us what you designed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy, glad to see your delphinium does what mine does in photos..almost strobes with color. Gorgeous urn as well as casket piece.

I have a question Randy about your photography....... In the e-mail blasts you have shown us......along with the designs on your website......and the sympathy design your showed in this thread......Do you have these settings IN YOUR SHOP or do you have a specific photographic studio in-house or how do you get the great settings?

THat is one of the things I find valuable and attractive about the designs you showcase.....you are showing them in a setting where they would be.....a table arrangement sitting on a table, a casket spray on the casket, etc.

Ricky,

You want me to tell you all my secrets?

The caskets were on loan from a casket company. In my greenhouse I now have a little funeral parlor set up, actually, a wall of cheap paneled doors.

Most of the everyday arrangements are set up in my showroom on tables on loan from a linen rental company. I get the tables, and they get the recognition of their linens on display in my shop. Hopefully a win, win relationship between the two of us.

I'm a thinker.
I spend most of my time thinking. The remaining time, I'm not really sure because I wasn't thinking.

RC

Mocha,

I've been wanting to do something similar as well. What is the white box at the base for?

RC

The white box is a series of 6" clear acryllic cubes that contain LED lighting to uplight the crystals. I was just trying something out today and covered the cubes with plain copy paper and really liked the look. The final design will have a vellum cover to fit the cubes and will hopefully have stronger lights.

This is a permanent rental piece (I can rent it out several times a year, month, etc. ) I needed it to be easy to transport and store so I used the 6" cubes that piece together rather than a huge permanent unit that I'd need a truck to transport. Each branch is cemented into it's own cube so that it is independent for easier moving. The whole tree is over 5' tall and 4' wide so I needed to make sure it can fit through doorways. we'll have to put the crystals on at the site, but having seperate pieces makes it much more functional in the long run.

If you do this and want the source for supplies/ advice, PM me. It was a lot of research, but in the end this will be a VERY profitable piece.

Ricky,

You want me to tell you all my secrets?

The caskets were on loan from a casket company. In my greenhouse I now have a little funeral parlor set up, actually, a wall of cheap paneled doors.

Most of the everyday arrangements are set up in my showroom on tables on loan from a linen rental company. I get the tables, and they get the recognition of their linens on display in my shop. Hopefully a win, win relationship between the two of us.

I'm a thinker.
I spend most of my time thinking. The remaining time, I'm not really sure because I wasn't thinking.

RC

Thank you very much. Like I said.....and this goes hand in hand with the percieved value thread began by Goldfish......Seeing your designs in actual settings and not just against a color background ( like a WS image for instance ) makes the design look more appealing to me......seeing the beautiful flowers, well designed, in the homestyle setting just makes the flowers look better.....much more worthy of me spending dollars.

Thanks Ricky,

I also don't really care for the sterile catalog look of solid backgrounds. To me it's kinda like selling clothes on pretty models rather than on mannequins or just laid out and photographed.

Mocha,

Another question, do you think it is necessary to light form underneath? Do the crystals not show otherwise? And do you really get enough light for the crystals with led lights? Or is the lighting more for atmosphere than making the crystals sparkle?

Thanks in advance,
RC

Here's a cute one I just did for my sister's friend who had a baby today. Nothing special, just thought it was cute :)

(Sorry for the crappy quality...my blackberry's camera is awful)

Uploaded the wrong photo, fixed now.
Nice.
Don't you just love cubes?
I could do cubes all day long and they all would be different.
It is like making a salad...always different and always yummy.

Nice.
Don't you just love cubes?
I could do cubes all day long and they all would be different.
It is like making a salad...always different and always yummy.

Thanks for the compliment :>

Gotta admit, though they are pretty un-unique anymore, I love compact cubes, loooove them. Especially for something like today, when you want to make an impact but keep it compact. Hospital rooms are pretty small, don't want some honkin' arrangement that everyone has to fight with in the room.

Fern Tablescape

This is what I did today.
A fern table scape. It was snowing slowly and quietly today and at the last
hour my coolest employee and I thru together a walk in the woods.
(Pennsylvania woods , that is....with ferns and pods.

This is on my long entry table, looks much better in person and you all are welcome anytime.
Looks earthy, woodsy and Eastery on a Colorado Snowy day.
Fern Scape.jpg

fern and pods.jpg

This is what I did today.
A fern table scape. It was snowing slowly and quietly today and at the last
hour my coolest employee and I thru together a walk in the woods.
(Pennsylvania woods , that is....with ferns and pods.

This is on my long entry table, looks much better in person and you all are welcome anytime.
Looks earthy, woodsy and Eastery on a Colorado Snowy day.
View attachment 5795

View attachment 5796

Love it, Dore!

What are those moss like matts under the vases? I thought just sheets of moss at first...

Love it, Dore!

What are those moss like matts under the vases? I thought just sheets of moss at first...
Yeah, I don't know, but, I bought a case of these at the Dallas gift show
at Meck? , they are these cool moss mats, very flat and mostly I cut them
am wrap them around glass vases and tie with raffia. I love them! Really
does a make over on a plain jane vase.
Really inexpensive.

Yeah, I don't know, but, I bought a case of these at the Dallas gift show
at Meck? , they are these cool moss mats, very flat and mostly I cut them
am wrap them around glass vases and tie with raffia. I love them! Really
does a make over on a plain jane vase.
Really inexpensive.

They ARE very cool...love that idea! Thanks for the info.

here is my latest creations....

enjoy

Attachments

• summer casket cover.jpg
    summer casket cover.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 60
  • casket corner piece.jpg
    casket corner piece.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 60
today was busy but quite boring....:0(
here's a few arrangements i had some time to take pictures of....

Attachments

• DSC_8221.jpg
    DSC_8221.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_8260.jpg
    DSC_8260.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_8240.jpg
    DSC_8240.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_8331.jpg
    DSC_8331.jpg