So how Cheesy where the 80's????

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Fast Times trivia...

Screenplay and book were written by Cameron Crowe, of "Jerry MacGuire", "Almost Famous", "Say Anything", etc... fame.

Nancy Wilson (of Seattle rock band "Heart") made a brief appearance in the movie (the hot chick in car who laughs at Hamilton because he's wearing a pirate hat). Cameron Crowe ended up marrying her.

Cameron Crowe based the characters and story off his experience with his life in San Diego (Clairemont High). "Almost Famous" also was based on San Diego.

The cast included future stars: Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, Phoebe Cates, Spicoli's stoner friends: Anthony Edwards, Eric Stolz, Nicholas Cage (then known as Nicholas Coppola, nephew of Francis Ford), Judge Reinhold, Jennifer Jason Leigh, etc...

ding ding ding ding!!!!!

yep, that is the scene!!

Nope, I saw it on VH1 a while back.

Here's the story, apparently the director wanted Damone to walk toward Stacy in full frontal nudity... She (the director) said she wanted it that way to show the full reality of the situation, to make it more real and a little scary, so to speak.

Well the powers that be said that "The male sex organ is agressive" which I for one think is funny, but whatever. Anyway, it was take out that part of that scene or be rated "X". So she took it out.

I guess boobies are submissive! ;)

Oh abd BTW, it seemed to me that Stacy took Damone to the pool house. the skank! J/K

Now c'mon Shannon, you know I should get a greenie for that guess!
Fast Times has hijacked this 80's thread!!!

Maybe we should just have Ryan move it to a Fast Times Thread...:rofl:

Reactions: 2 people
Who in their right mind EVER practiced with a banana in public??? OMG....I would of died of embarrassment if my friend did that!! Love that movie!!

Anyone a fan of Better Off Dead or One Crazy Summer???

I love those movies!!!! All those teen angst comedies!!! In my opinion, that was when John Cusack was at his best (or maybe I just had a little crush on him?!?!).

I too am a Fast Times fan. Although I had forgotten many of the parts you guys brought up (perhaps I watched it a few too many times while channeling Spikoli?!?!)

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMOUNT HIGH!

STRIPES!

In the 5th grade, 1984, I stole one of my mother's white isotoner gloves to look like Michael Jackson . I wore moon boots and parachute pants and break danced to Prince's, when Doves cry.

I wore black lip stick, 1989, before it was cool. Green and blue too.

I still sport the pineapple haircut(1983).. kind of.. it still sticks up.

Please submit photos for review~

Since we are talking about the wacky eighties.....Thought I'd toss this into the mix for you eighties peeps.

I sent this a long time ago in the clean jokes forum and thought it appropriate for this thread as well.
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Aging Rock Music[/FONT]
[Great news! Some of the old favourite singers and bands have re-released their great hits with new lyrics to accommodate their aging audience...]

- Herman's Hermits: "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Walker"
- The Rolling Stones: "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"
- Credence Clearwater Revival: "Bad Prune Rising"
- Marvin Gaye: "I Heard It Through the Grape Nuts"
- The Who: "Talkin' 'Bout My Medication"
- The Troggs: "Bald Thing"
- Carly Simon: "You're So Varicose Vein"
- The Bee Gees: "How Can You Mend a Broken Hip"
- Roberta Flack: "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face"
- Johnny Nash: "I Can't See Clearly Now"
- The Temptations: "Papa Got a Kidney Stone"
- ABBA: "Denture Queen"
- Leo Sayer: "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"
- Commodores: "Once, Twice, Three Trips to the Bathroom"
- Procol Harem: "A Whiter Shade of Hair"
- The Beatles: "I Get By with a Little Help From Depends"

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw Duran Duran last night at the house of blues in Atlantic City. The old boys can still put on a fun filled show and played all the favorites. My only complaint is we had general admission tickets. At my age I need a seat to enjoy a show!:musical:

Just saw Duran Duran last night at the house of blues in Atlantic City. The old boys can still put on a fun filled show and played all the favorites. My only complaint is we had general admission tickets. At my age I need a seat to enjoy a show!:musical:

I totally agree with you! I will not go to House of Blues anymore!!! For those prices, I too would like a seat. Let's face it, my mosh pit days are over and nothing makes me feel more 40 & white than dancing in public!!!

We went to see Etta James last summer and a friend got us in the VIP area...but still no seats, WTF?!?! Only the boxes have seats here.

I was referring to the arrow and the paddles.

And similarly, I am an awesome mom! And not cuz I was ever shown how to be one.

We rock!

Yeah I know you were referring to the paddles and arrow. And it's not because I was ever shown how to be, I was shown how NOT to be that has made all the difference. :)

Hamilton rubbing one out in the bathroom to Phoebe Cates nice boobies
Yeah I remember watching that with my friends and having a nervous laugh. heh heh heh ummmm.

And yeah in the pool room... Domone's purple sock shaking at the end with the singer hits that high pitched note! Sometimes when I have my shoes off and at with my brother.. I put my sock up in his face and make that high pitched tone.

Yeah, she's gonna be somebodys only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebodys baby tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebodys only light.
Ahhaaaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.