Something is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Biker Florist said:
Well, that's good. Everyone's post went over all the way before and they still do, but if it fixed everyone else's, that good! Boggles my mind. :boggles:

Ok, I really want to understand - how did something in MY post box area effect OTHERS' posting sentence length size? If it's too complicated, just forget it.

I guess it had to expand to accomodate your post and that made the other ones look short. When there wasn't one of your posts on the page, all the posts looked the same.
It really isn't your fault Patty. If it is going to cause a problem, the software should not have allowed it. I guess the programmers never figured on such a verbose user. :)

Update

I went to flowerchat on my other computer using the "favorites" route (meaning the flowerchat URL) and I was already logged in like it used to be on this computer. On this computer however, I am still only able to access flowerchat from the beam.to URL and have to keep logging in constantly. Dunno :dunno:

Evergreen's avatar is distorted and Gfloral, Blue, and Infinite's avatars are still missing. (I only looked in this thread)

Still logging in every time and also have to use the beam.to URL to enter here.

Your logging in problem is gone?

My other computer is not having any problem at all.

Perhaps -

my problem has something to do with this:

A window keeps appearing in the lower right hand corner and I just click out of it as I went to help and I just don't undertsand.

Windows Virtual Memory minimum is too low.

Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, momery requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.

Does this mean anything significant?

Thanks for your (anyone) help!

George Simon said:
I guess it had to expand to accomodate your post and that made the other ones look short. When there wasn't one of your posts on the page, all the posts looked the same.
It really isn't your fault Patty. If it is going to cause a problem, the software should not have allowed it. I guess the programmers never figured on such a verbose user. :)
George,

It's not a programming issue, so much as an environment issue.

PHP:
magic_quotes_gpc boolean
Sets the magic_quotes state for GPC (Get/Post/Cookie) operations. When magic_quotes are on, all ' (single-quote), " (double quote), \ (backslash) and NUL's are escaped with a backslash automatically.

This variable was enabled on the most recent host that we left. It may have had something to do with corrupting the avatars, as well. Here's what one user wrote on PHP.net:

Although many developers already said how ill was this feature so-called "magic_quotes_gpc", I'd like to insist: dealing with this issue is a pain in the ass and hopefully this useless feature will be removed from PHP.

Our newest host - www.asmallorange.com - defaults to enabling this variable, but was quite willing to help in disabling it for our site.

Ryan

They don't have to be visible ... they could be embedded in the code. 95% of the code for FlowerChat is contained in templates within the database. PHP has to draw out the code and process it.

Status
Not open for further replies.