Something is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty's post take up more space than any one else??? How odd. Hers extends futher to the right.
My avatar was messed up and then fixed, now it it messed up again.
Judy

According to Ryan's post on the thread he started called "on the road again" the glitches just may be caused from the host, so I will just await the move and see what happens when we get there.

I am trying to keep this in perspective. In the grand scheme of things, my problem is minor.

George and Blue's posts go over as far as mine. The others just don't say as much. Glitchy things are prevalent though and hopefully the move will help.

Sorry Patty, but only yours go that far in my home pc...same in the laptop at work
Not sure what's going on but I have had no problems accessing either here or at work.
Move on.......on to the next server ......XP at work..Win 98 at home...just wish I could finish my contract with the connection at home to switch to connection at work, much quicker, no stalling..... no reloading No One make a contract with Verizon......terrible.......

evergreen12377 said:
Patty's post take up more space than any one else??? How odd. Hers extends futher to the right.
My avatar was messed up and then fixed, now it it messed up again.
Judy
Is it just Patty's??

Hmmm...I have my resoloution set to the MAX on my PC's, and both 17" and the one 19" LCDs all go all the way across the page...all posts look alike for me...

Lady Biker Florist said:
It's gotta be something about XP Home Edition not meshing with the new flowerchat host. I hope they fix it or change it.

No issues here and I use XP Home on this pc. I had XP pro on here for a while and it worked the same.

Audra

I don't think it has anything to do with the operating system you are using. Maybe it is with IE or Windows XP updates that have been installed in some computers and not others.
When Ryan switched to this new version of the program, I was getting errors every time I tried to access this site from the same computer where I am having troubles now, but not from my other 2 computers. I never had any problems before the switch to this new software, from any of the computers. This lasted for about a week and then all of the sudden, the problems disappeared.
I don't now if the problems are caused by Windows updates or by the new software or by the host. It is very difficult to track down a problem when it does not happen consistantly. Trust me I know.

Sorry Patty, but only yours go that far in my home pc...same in the laptop at work.
Same here, the only posts that seem to extend all the way are Patty's but... I think hers are the only posts that are displaying correctly. Why shouldn't the post go all the way across? There is no text or buttons missing on her posts. There is no purpose, that I can see, to having a gap between the end of post and the vertical scroll bar.

I think

that perhaps it has something to do with the way in which we all type our posta and or replies, for many of us, (ME) have become used to typing in short thoughts or comments that rarely go the full length of a page.

Something like this perhaps

could be the reason that some posts go all the way and that some only go part way across the page when they are displayed on the various OS and computers we all use...

I know for me, that all three of mine work, looks and act the same, but then again they are all the same. The kids PC at home, with a CTR monitor and different resoloution, and also a larger font size for IE looks much different...

Now this post of yours, looks like Patty's. It extends all the way out to the vertical scroll bar.
And so does mine!

O.K. then

Does this one

or does it

only go
over

a word

or two ?

I thinks it's all in the way people use the enter key when they type in their post/replies.....

George Simon said:
Now this post of yours, looks like Patty's. It extends all the way out to the vertical scroll bar.
And so does mine!
Patty's is the only one that's wide here....but take a look at her header lines

I'll bet if she removes the words (suburb of Detroit) the problem will be solved or maybe try to break it into 2 lines.

I don't think there is a problem, or if there was it is fixed now.
All the posts are now extending to the scroll bar.

You know, I think John is right. The reason all the posts now go to the scroll bar is because Patty hasn't posted. Patty try making that header line of yours a little shorter and see if that fixes the problem.

Ok, I removed it. What are you (whoever) saying it might do? I never press enter when I am typing a sentence. No reason to. If I want to make sure and leave a space I do hit enter

like this. I am going to go into my other computer next to me and see what happens there. So I had to enter this place through the beam.to URL. Did everyone? Or just some? Ok, I think I've typed enough to see what happens.

you fixed the problem!

Lady Biker Florist said:
Down below quite a ways Blue Oyster Cult has a lot typed after location like I did. Whatcha think?
yep he does but he has a short first line under his name, and yours is long so between the two lines your posts were extra wide.......it's fine now on all your posts!!

Well, that's good. Everyone's post went over all the way before and they still do, but if it fixed everyone else's, that good! Boggles my mind. :boggles:

Ok, I really want to understand - how did something in MY post box area effect OTHERS' posting sentence length size? If it's too complicated, just forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.