Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Biker Florist

Jan 12, 2003
Hazel Park
www.daisypetal.com
State / Prov
Michigan
I log in to the site and read new posts. Then when I reply and hit submit I am asked to log in again. I do and the post is gone forever like I never typed it. That has happened twice.

Also I have the remember me box checked and it does not rememebr me. every time I come here now I have to log in, never had to before.

Any clue?

Patty

When you leave are you clicking "Log Out" ??

If so, it removes the Remember Me Cookie...

It's always best to have FlowerChat.com listed as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer. Sometimes tightened security settings can block FC from setting the session cookies it needs to keep you logged in.

No, I've noticed that also.
I don't remember exactly the sequence of events but I had to log back in a couple of times.

I do not log out, ever. And i checked- I already do have flowerchat listed as a trusted site. never had a problem before and I am not doing anything differently. It's something with the new site, it has to be. Any clues?

I run a program

that if I close the browser, it sweeps ALL internet history from my hard drive, thus eliminating any auto-logins.

Is there some new software you or Neal added that might do this when you close your browser?

BOSS said:
that if I close the browser, it sweeps ALL internet history from my hard drive, thus eliminating any auto-logins.

Is there some new software you or Neal added that might do this when you close your browser?
Patty is right. Something is definetly wrong.
I just had to log in 3 times after trying to post a message.
Each time it told me I wasn't logged in, when in fact I was.

Boss,

I haven't done anything different. I have many other message boards I use and have not had any changes with those, just this one. I have not had to log into any other site I frequent regularly.

I just received a PM and had to respond differently as when I replied the first time it did not go through. This time I did not reply, but rather went to his profile and found the link to PM him and did it that way.

That is when it happens. When you reply - it asks you to log in again. But if you post fresh from "start new thread" it allows you to.

Does anyone else have this happen besides George and I?

Pretty weird?

Lady Biker Florist said:
I haven't done anything different. I have many other message boards I use and have not had any changes with those, just this one. I have not had to log into any other site I frequent regularly.

I just received a PM and had to respond differently as when I replied the first time it did not go through. This time I did not reply, but rather went to his profile and found the link to PM him and did it that way.

That is when it happens. When you reply - it asks you to log in again. But if you post fresh from "start new thread" it allows you to.

Does anyone else have this happen besides George and I?

Pretty weird?
Just now, when I just clicked to reply to this post it told me that I wasn't logged in and made me log in again. Something is not right, Ryan.

Everything seems to be working fine on both my PCs ... but don't fear. As I mentioned in one of the announcements, we may not be long at this host, either.

Ryan

One of my cumputers, the one I'm on now, is fine. The same with the one at the office. The other one is almost unuseable.

George Simon said:
The other one is almost unuseable.
Is there a difference in OS George ??

All 3 of my PC's are running WinXP Professional...

George,

Try removing flowerchat from your favorites and them going to flowerchat - log in and then add to favorites again. It worked for me. Well, at least I don't have to log in every time. I have not tried to reply yet. We'll see.

I tested my other computer sitting here next to me to see what would happen and the same thing was happening there. So I did what I said above on that one and it worked so I did it on this one and it also worked.

I have XP Home Edition on both of these computers. :bouncy: I'm back in business!

Oh Crap!!!

I just tried to edit my post under Tech Talk about the google toolbar and when I went to post it I had to log in again. Sheeeesh. The google toolbar is not blocking pop-ups anymore either.

No, it did not make any difference for me. I removed it from the favorites, added back in and it still asks me to log in every time I go in and every time I try to post. Don't know what it can be. Can't make it a trusted site because it is not https, but I don't even know if that is the problem.

BOSS said:
Is there a difference in OS George ??

All 3 of my PC's are running WinXP Professional...
Yes, all the computers are running different OS.
Windows XP Professional - OK
Windows XP Home Edition - NOT OK
Windows 98 - OK

The thing is I never had any problems before the latest move.

:purpletea I be working fine!
Wow Patty, how many times are you going to change your Avatar? George was right when he said "you hate change?" LOL! seems to be an operating system problem on one's puter about navigating this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.