Subforums of chatters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would 'his' be Wesley or JB? :> (Ya' know I'd never kick JB.... :) )

Of course you wouldn't - I never pegged you as the "elder abuse" type.

On the other hand, re-sorting his pills into pretty rainbow colours ...

Reactions: bloomz and CHR
membership update

There have been two more shops join the B&M Social Group today.
Getting to know one another.

By the by, I'm gaining a real respect for the moderators on the main forum.
hehe!

Reactions: goldfish and BOSS
ok eg to put things in a bit of perspective.

If my business started failing and i had to make some decisions, i may turn to you guys who are running similar business to me for some advice. I would not want to put that in an open thread because of all the readers and lurkers to read that my business is going down. And actually yes i would not want bb local to me to get that news to spread it locally that i was closing.

I personally think that if you register and then dont contribute you should have limited access. This would eliminate the problem as if anyone did have something they wanted to discuss they could do this in the private section of the forum that only the regular posters could read. I think this would tighten things up but thats only mho...

Me too - you should HAVE to post at least once a month or so, or get kicked to the curb.

Call me a separatist if you like - I can handle it.

I seriously don't understand why everyone is so "offended". I could have just as easily PM'd Ryan and asked him how to do this. It could have been set up behind the scenes and no one would have been the wiser unless they looked. I asked on the PUBLIC forum and look what that got me and the others.

Like Palms said (paraphrasing) we all do not wish to air our dirty laundry in public.

I only gave a suggestion of other groups that might wish to talk privately from time to time. I NEVER said to split everyone up in groups that would not socialize as a whole.

Let me give some examples of why someone might wish to talk to others in a more private setting.

1. There have been a whole influx of people who really are not in the business of selling retail flowers to the general public. NOT JUDGING here so don't hang me. Not just people who work from their home but also wholesalers and others. I love that we all have a large group setting, however, I might not want them to know what I pay for something or some other situation might arise.

2. I might need to talk about something that has to do with a wire service that I don't wish for Teleflora or FTD or 800flowers, etc to know about. Perhaps something that they could come back to me about. How do you propose I talk about this without them seeing?

3. I might need to talk about a particular holiday and I need feedback from other B&M about something specific. I remember a thread over Mothers Day that some were bashing others for turning down orders. They have no idea or understanding about working 12+ hours everyday to prepare for this holiday. Instead, the week of MD, they are out boating. How does one who is not in this situation understand or give real feedback than just their opinion when they have no experience in the situation?

4. It has been brought to my attention about some frequent posters are not who they say they are. This has made me a little leary about putting EVERYTHING on the public board.

I apologize if anyone feels excluded or offended but I cannot control your feelings. Only you can. This is not about feelings, it's about business.

Peace out :)

totally - I know open discussion has been curtailed by the large varied membership.

I was the one who suggested to Boss a couple weeks ago it would be nice to have a forum for owners only.

Really, yes. Heavy posters (including myself) strive on controversies and disagreement,
Many audience, too, would occasionally enjoy reading controversial thread and pissing match, even though they pretend that they are above the fray.

Case in point: Wesley Berry and JB xoxo-ing each other in a private forum has a lesser entertainment value than CHR kicking his crotch with a pointed-toe high-heel in the public forum.

With that said, I completely understand that most people don't have as thick a scale as I do. They much prefer a private forum where they can say things without fearing that people like me would jump all over it.

I'd love to see Wesley a member here - he is a very smart florist. But you know he'd get tarred and feathered the moment he showed here, so never mind.

I agree with what goldie says.

But... a private invite only specific groups forum does have it's advantages. It gives the members a place where they can openly share trade secrets and opinions that they may not necessarily want everyone to view.

Totally

Goldie, isn't meaness what killed floristboard???

No

There is no patting of backs, and sorry guys no cat fights either.

I guess you don't remember me and 12Duz going at it huh?

The Main Forum will continue to provide the opportunity for controversy, by definition a "Social Group" shouldn't have controvrsy, should it?

We are not thin skinned milk toast people, we just want to chat in private as a group sometimes. That doesn't mean we all won't still get into the "pissing matches" on the main forum. In fact I am certain there will be more of those involving myself and the originator of the idea flowerchatter03, what cha' bet?

We don't fear being jumped on at all. With that said the main forum has started to become a place of argument/controversy/pissin matches more than the genuine exchange of ideas and friendship. Oh it's clear who the people are who enjoy watching a fight, but would never post for fear of their lily white reps being sullied or as you said remain above the fray.

For the 15th time, it's just people getting together to share.

True. And as someone who knows what real flamewars look like, I can say that there hasn't been many flamewars, i.e., abusive personal attacks, in Flower Chat. Some, but not many.

See above about me and 12Dux - those got pretty darn goodlol

It has a lot to do with FC being not anonymous, I think. Even though many of us use aliases, myself included, our identities are not hidden. This probably deters us from acting too abusive.

Of course you wouldn't - I never pegged you as the "elder abuse" type.

On the other hand, re-sorting his pills into pretty rainbow colours ...

I think that may have been a low blow, but I may have taken the wrong color to be sure.

I'd still love to see one for owners only.

Nobody else understands our trials, no matter how much they insist they do.

Reactions: SpringCity and BOSS
I'd still love to see one for owners only.

Nobody else understands our trials, no matter how much they insist they do.
So create it yersef there amigo...

You can have the privilege of being the gate keeper...:iwuvyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.