Teleflora Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: He's up to more NO GOOD!!

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
Just go a flier in the mail from him advertising his new site mflorist.com
He's now trying to rip off the florists as well as the consumer with outright lies!! :mad:

I have a issue with him on another topic too, he has taken the URL of www.flowerscanada.com well as a member of Flowers Canada I find it insulting he has their domain name, and even if they don't wish to use it, they should have the right to have it. Flowers Canada as we all know, has been around a long time, and is a respectable association.

Who just happen to be lacking the testicular fortitude to defend their own name. Gary Watson says thay "don't want to offend a Flowers Canada member" by taking legal action to get the name back.

Hmmm I'm going to look into this a little more and find out why not. I'll let you know how I make out. I wonder how many other members are offended that action isn't taken????

It's always easier to mollify the complainer, rather than deal with the offender.

Originally posted by Infinite
Who just happen to be lacking the testicular fortitude to defend their own name. Gary Watson says thay "don't want to offend a Flowers Canada member" by taking legal action to get the name back.

That's the biggest problem with Flowers Canada...when was the last time they stood up against anyone??

Who just happen to be lacking the testicular fortitude to defend their own name. Gary Watson says thay "don't want to offend a Flowers Canada member" by taking legal action to get the name back. [/B]

LOL. Do I detect a Mick Foley fan, Ryan?

Audra

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
That's the biggest problem with Flowers Canada...when was the last time they stood up against anyone??

Well from what I'm told as of 11am this morning, they have in fact been looking at doing something about this domain hostage issue, 1. the offender who holds the URL currently wants $15,000.00 for it, and Flowers Canada is going to the Internet tribunal (or whatever the name of that body is) the board has instructed Garry Watson to do this and he has finally completed a 5-year project to study and secure FC's rights and trademarks etc. They have on many occasions tried to talk to this person, and from my understanding he's not willing to give it without the money or the legal fight.

So things are being done about this issue anyway. I think in future Flowers Canada will be standing up, as I have some other concerns, and you all know me, I'll be sure to mention them.

Originally posted by Peter1
I'm not someone you can mollify, till I'm satisfied if it takes me years and years to get something the way I want them.

Peter,

Glad to hear it. Must frustration with FC has reached a point where I've stopped complaining, for lack of action. When I last talked to Gary, less than a year ago, he was loath to act on the issue. I'm glad the board seems to have a bit more spine :)

Peter,

Glad to hear it. Must frustration with FC has reached a point where I've stopped complaining, for lack of action. When I last talked to Gary, less than a year ago, he was loath to act on the issue. I'm glad the board seems to have a bit more spine :)

I think the best course of action is to talk to the board members etc or bring it to the Presidents attention who then brings it forward to Garry. I'm glad to see the board having more spine also. I've always found Garry to be beyond helpful anytime I call down to the office or email etc.

I hear more shops are getting crap from mflorist.com, looks like a general mailing to all the shops in Teleflora. Says on his site, you have to be a member of TF or FTD to be part of it, of course, that's because he can only send his orders that way. He won't get into BN.

Status
Not open for further replies.