Teleflora Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, that was an excuse for a florist; I believe it happened on this board last year. I drove by his location when I was in TO in March (no, I was too early for SARS!) and have to say I wasn't surprised at his store when I saw it!

Originally posted by Peter1
What about all the supermarkets that belong to Teleflora or the Order Gather's? No doubt that isn't something you can support personally, but it's a decision made by the people in L.A.

I can't speak for TF, only from my experience.

TF has Zehrs? - FTD has IGA (also some Loblaws?)

TF has some florists who are OG's - FTD buys the **** OG's and rolls them into the family.

BN does neither - as we all know :)

Originally posted by Infinite
I can't speak for TF, only from my experience.

TF has Zehrs? - FTD has IGA (also some Loblaws?)

TF has some florists who are OG's - FTD buys the **** OG's and rolls them into the family.

BN does neither - as we all know :)

TF has Safeway if you take a look under the shops listed in Alberta. Then AFS had Private Label Services to look after their supermarket business in the olden days.

Long as I'm owner of BN it will stay like that too. If I was majority shareholder of FTD I would be taking delight in tossing them out of there also.

Hummmm wonder who created this mess?

Originally posted by Infinite

I know from EXPERIENCE that TF has a LOOPHOLE in their program. Why should I not enjoy the "OrderGather" experience? after all, I pay probably more than those BOILER ROOM OPERATIONS under the disguise of the one membership dollar fee?.

Am I an ORDERGATHER? Yes I am and why not? I pay to belong to that club who wants ME to fill their HeadQuarter Orders but I won't . The Vendor Contract goes Both ways last time I checked;)

I'm not a SKIMMER or a ORDERGATHER for Teleflora, I'm a REAL FLORIST using MY DOLLARS SPENT to keep my head above the Wire Services Water..and that Water is sure polluted.

Originally posted by Rock
Peter, that was an excuse for a florist; I believe it happened on this board last year. I drove by his location when I was in TO in March (no, I was too early for SARS!) and have to say I wasn't surprised at his store when I saw it!

I remember that now, I didn't know it was the same "florist". He likely puts more effort into his OG's skills than in his shop. It's an education when I vist shops, you see a lot of beautiful, amazing shops in all sizes, and then some of them, it's pretty sad.

Re: Hummmm wonder who created this mess?

Originally posted by Blue Oyster Cult
Am I an ORDERGATHER? Yes I am and why not? I pay to belong to that club who wants ME to fill their HeadQuarter Orders but I won't . The Vendor Contract goes Both ways last time I checked;)

I'm not a SKIMMER or a ORDERGATHER for Teleflora, I'm a REAL FLORIST using MY DOLLARS SPENT to keep my head above the Wire Services Water..and that Water is sure polluted.

Blue:

Last time I heard you had a real shop, filled with lovely flowers and other fine gifts, so that doesn't make you a skimmer or OG in my humble opinion.

Yes a lot of crap floating around in the water these days, doing one thing, saying another thing, promoting the fact they are founders of wire services, when they aren't etc. etc.

I'm still a REAL FLORIST!

Just in control of what is happening around the globe!
And with a Telescope of flowerSoft it makes ones planetarium come into even more FOCUS.

He's up to more NO GOOD!!

Originally posted by Rock

Just go a flier in the mail from him advertising his new site mflorist.com
He's now trying to rip off the florists as well as the consumer with outright lies!! :mad:

Re: He's up to more NO GOOD!!

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
Just go a flier in the mail from him advertising his new site mflorist.com
He's now trying to rip off the florists as well as the consumer with outright lies!! :mad:

Thats FUNNY:D

Could ahve picked a better pic of the roses,

And the web provider my K(a) KA.com..too funny

Just last night our "friendly" Teleflora rep showed up at our local florist association meeting. I grilled him pretty good on some issues that concern me. Mainly the Order Gatherers (OGs').
Do a google search for "hometown" florist.
Paid ad in the column to the right: "Flowers from Teleflora" teleflora-flowers.biz
According to rep: "Perfectly okay to represent yourself as Teleflora"
Out of top 50 order senders, only 7 do not have retail florist.
He was full of success stories of OG/Florists' who are doing a great business.
The bottom line seemed to be that if Teleflora did not allow/promote the OGs' then FTD would. Teleflora is a corporation, concerned with the bottom line only. They realize they still need the little guy to get the orders out, but they are not helping us greatly.
The rep is sympathetic toward the dilema, but just does as he is told.

I bet those 7 do WAY less orders than FTD.con.

it's funny how both TF and FTD use the same line. "If we don't do it, they will" Kinda reminds me of being a kid and having my Mom say " If your friend jumped off a cliff would you?" I guess in the case of the WS's they would..
It would seem to me that if one or the other TF or FTD really wanted to corner the order business they would cut out the OG's and make it worth while to the REAL florists to be a member of that service. It still baffles me that TF and FTD allow 1800.con to be members. If both WS's were to drop 1800. it would put them out of business in a day.

Well

Originally posted by jbarb
If both WS's were to drop 1800. it would put them out of business in a day.

OR, if REAL FLORISTS would not fill their junk, they would be out in a half a day:confused:

This is true Boss, but lets face it, there are way too many shops that are nothing more than garages and dairy barns that will fill these orders. They don't care where they come from and they don't care if they send out the junk either.
There is a shop up here that dumped TF to go with 1800. as a preferred and they are happy little campers with the results. They get the benefits of a ws, as few as they are, they can buy there supplies from 1800 for way less money than from market place and the fees are about a third of what it costs to belong to TF or FTD. I'm not condoning them, I just see why so many shops are willing to deal with them...

I've LEARNED..that WHEN a WS says

"we're "driving" business to YOUR door, it REALLY means, that THEY'RE doing the "driving" and YOU'RE filling the fuel tank, washing the windows, rotating the tires, doing the tune ups, the grease AND oil jobs, and getting "hosed down" at the same time.
"Oldtimer" or "Newtimer", it ain't what it was, and past history is just that!!
Family run florist shops were here BEFORE WS's and WILL BE here after their demise!!...you trying to kid us or something??
So far, ONLY PETER aka BN, has CONTINUALLY been here, trying, adding, questioning, AND stating...that THERE ARE alternatives, and right under our noses, and THAT, my man, leaves the WS's and their order stealing high volume senders "O.U.T"!!
We ARE very fortunate HERE.....a HUGE support group of REAL, that's spelled R.E.A.L florists, in the REAL business of what this is all about!!
Mike WTHDIKA

Re: I've LEARNED..that WHEN a WS says

Originally posted by Mikey the Flower Guy
[B So far, ONLY PETER aka BN, has CONTINUALLY been here, trying, adding, questioning, AND stating...that THERE ARE alternatives, and right under our noses, and THAT, my man, leaves the WS's and their order stealing high volume senders "O.U.T"!!
We ARE very fortunate HERE.....a HUGE support group of REAL, that's spelled R.E.A.L florists, in the REAL business of what this is all about!!
Mike WTHDIKA [/B]

Thanks Mike,

It's about knowing how it should be, and making it that way, and standing firm on some beliefs. W.S's grew because of one reason, and that's because of FLORISTS. It's time some other companies out there go back and think about how they got where they are today, and pick the group they want to represent, and if it's OG's they want, then go and be with them. Personally I'll stick with the Florists who built the industry and not the weasels who are trying to rape and pillage it.

Because if the foundation is ripped away, the rest of the house falls. It's not rocket science, and the Florists who support each other here, only keep building upon their foundations each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.