Teleflora Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Oyster Cult

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Jan 25, 2003
Welcome "OLDTIMER" I noticed your business name was TELEFLORA.

"Edited by Blue Oyster Cult" 06-10-03 for fear of Sticking my foot in my mouth before I engaged my brain.

Hey Blue:

People from Teleflora have been here for a long time.

But sadly they don't say anything.

Oh well no need to say anything when you got all the business. Boggles the mind thou why so many Florists like to pay the kind of money they do to be a member of Teleflora. It's really amazing how shops will pay $139.95 (US fee) and $99.95 (Canadian fee) per month to belong.

Usually human nature is the other way around, when you have a cheaper service, most people use it, and stop using high-priced services that nickle and dime their members. Perhaps that's their secret, nickle and dime members, and then tell them they are doing it for their own good. I know if I was a member of a Wire service who charged me more than other ones did, I'd soon be quiting them in favor of the cheaper one.

I have some dealing with telelfora people and so far they all have been helpful and courteous. Some time a lot quicker than the other wire service, (FTD) which I inquired about something tues of last week, and they say they will be getting back to me.
Still havent got a call....
Luc

Re: Teleflora Is Here! Um Shel

Originally posted by Blue Oyster Cult
Welcome "OLDTIMER" I noticed your business name was TELEFLORA.

Blue Oyster Cult does not like you being here because your business NAME in the PROFILE say's "Teleflora", are you sure your not a real FLORIST just using the name of TELEFLORA?.

"Teleflora" does not have their own chat board, But.....This board is a Password protected board and I hope your not one of those SPIES.

:D Strap in your SeatBelts folks!

Check "Ireland" too... they were the first to sign on with "Teleflora" as the company... FUNNY, that when I have caught them on line, reading posts, and sent IMs, they log off IMMEDIADLY...whats up with that ??

FTD too is here, but just the techies...making sure I'm not oversteping my bounds I suppose, and checking facts...

I too, wish BOTH would speak up...might help to understand their philosophy...

I must clarify something about a earlier post...
Tues call I am waiting from is from FTD and NOT TELEFLORA PEOPLE.
I usually get a quick response from teleflora people I deal with.
Luc

Most of TF's customer support team is registered here. They have expressed an interest in knowing the thoughts and feelings of florists expressed on a level playing field. I same more power to them :)

I do wish they'd speak up once in a while, but I don understand the risk of having a written comment taken out of context.

Out of context ??

Originally posted by Infinite
Most of TF's customer support team is registered here. They have expressed an interest in knowing the thoughts and feelings of florists expressed on a level playing field. I same more power to them :)

I do wish they'd speak up once in a while, but I don understand the risk of having a written comment taken out of context.

Here, on the internet ??

You must be kidding :)

Perhaps they are gagged and not allowed to speak. hahaah.

Oh well at least they don't go around and put in print that they are the founder of Redbook like some other CEO of a W.S. does. When in fact they were not the founder of the aforementioned company.

Originally posted by Infinite

I think it's great that TF and FTD and BN people are on, as you say, it gives a insight into Florists opinions. Back to the grassroots where it belongs. I'm always happy to offer any ideas to anyone who wants them if helps their business in some way.

On the OTHER hand....

would you rather they DIDN'T care, and couldn't be bothered with monitoring sites like THIS one??
We MAY just have picked one of the goofyest professions to be in, and I suppose, they might just LIKE reading some of the wild and wacky stuff that happens in real time to us, and those around us!!
"IRELAND" is good people...wants to know the good with the bad, and as for the rest...c'mon down...tell US some of them goofy WS stories!!
Mike

And as a vendor, we have been known to have taken a beating in some of these rooms. I really enjoy watching, and following the industry, but am sometimes hesitant to respond or offer an opinion because of the reaction I sometimes got at another location. This forumn is more vendor friendly and I appreciate it.

Jim

I apprciate when a vendor can share what their services are withough shoving them down our throats. I am glad you have decided to join us here and please let us know of any ways that we can use your products creativly or in such a way to help us market ourselves or help us stand out from the rest.

I like some of the ideas for using the 4 up postcards you put in another thread.

I'm another florist that's glad to see that they're here and listening (if not necessarily contributing). I don't consider it spying - Ryan opened this board to anyone in the industry. We need a place where we can be heard and I believe this place is it!

Audra

Me too also Audra...I have learned and will continue to learn from all the people on this board. :)

V

I WORK FOR TELEFLORA, AND AM PROUD OF IT.....

REALLY LOVE TO HELP SHOPS AVOID MISCONCEPTIONS THAT MANY DO HAVE, OWNED A SHOP FOR 18 YRS. AND HAD 6 YES "SIX", WIRE SERVICES... 1974-1993.

EACH WIRE SERVICE WAS LESSER COST THEN, BUT EVEN THEN THE COST TO BE IN ALL SIX WAS APPROX. 40.00 / MO. X 6 = 240.00, NOW ONE CONSOLODATED WIRE SERVICE, IS APPROX. THE SAME COST, "
THEN" ONE SERVICE WAS OWNED BY THE MEMBERS, NOW IT'S OWNED BY INVESTMENT BANKERS.....
THAT KNOW PLENTY ABOUT HOW TO ........ , BUT NOT ALOT ABOUT HOW TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS TO YOU, THE FLORISTS, AND NOT TO THE COMPANY OWNED WEBSITE, AND THE NEW "VERY LARGE GROUP" OF GROCERY STORES.

I LOVE THIS BUSINESS AND I LOVE THE HARD WORKING, CLEAR THINKING FLORISTS THAT I SERVE. JUST AN OLDTIMER....

Spill it OLDTIMER

We Members of TF have learned a few tricks also.

Could you tell us who you are and maybe you can learn a few tricks that we Members have figured out ourselves in regards to keeping the TF Tame and Profitable for our own POCKETS.

I consider our shop an OLDTIMER also..39 years with TF and it took 35 years to WAKE UP!. Well not really but the last 4 years have been a GAME.:D

I would hope that BOTH TF and FTD are reading the boards; if it does nothing other than improve customer service by hearing what the most important part of the industry is saying then thats good. Chances are they're here trying to figure out how they're going to be needed by Florists in 10 years!
Since at least some of them are here then maybe they would kindly do something about the @#$% "florists" out there offering "FREE DELIVERY" on orders that are wired out even though delivery is naturally deducted from the price by the florist who deliveres it; I confronted one of them sometime ago and was told that it was none of my business. WTFDIK......

Re: Spill it OLDTIMER

Originally posted by Blue Oyster Cult
I consider our shop an OLDTIMER also..39 years with TF and it took 35 years to WAKE UP!. Well not really but the last 4 years have been a GAME.:D

You're just a wee pup :)

105 yrs in business

55+ with FTD

35+ TF (could be more, no records)

Dropped FTD this past year when it became VERY plain they have no interest in supporting Canadian florists.

Originally posted by OLDTIMER
I WORK FOR TELEFLORA, AND AM PROUD OF IT.....

REALLY LOVE TO HELP SHOPS AVOID MISCONCEPTIONS THAT MANY DO HAVE, OWNED A SHOP FOR 18 YRS. AND HAD 6 YES "SIX", WIRE SERVICES... 1974-1993.

AND THE NEW "VERY LARGE GROUP" OF GROCERY STORES.

I LOVE THIS BUSINESS AND I LOVE THE HARD WORKING, CLEAR THINKING FLORISTS THAT I SERVE. JUST AN OLDTIMER....

Oldtimer:

It's good Teleflora has a few people working for them that actually has some hands on practice in a flower shop, opposed to the pretty MBA hanging on the wall. There should be more around like you.

What about all the supermarkets that belong to Teleflora or the Order Gather's? No doubt that isn't something you can support personally, but it's a decision made by the people in L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.