teleflora, My opinion on your mothrs day product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Here are my comment on your mothers day product. Still havent received a order for the venitian Vase. I like the product and I ordered 36 of these. I know I can use it after mothers day and I have no problem with that. I even sold a few empty because people like it. On the other hand, the cachepot is priced out of range for what it is offered. (Thanks BBJ for your help) 4" rose bush are not even close to what is being offered in the picture. People tend to think they are getting something big and nice, and big is not the case here. I showed people what they be getting at the other end and for the money asked, it DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO A GOOD DEAL. BBJ help me realize this and I am offering it at $29.95 to get rid of it in my shop. IT was the same thing like last year with the african violet. The price is too high for something so small. I like the concept on having a nice pot with a plant but think things through. Some customer actually thought it was at least a 6" plant. Maybe that is where you should be thinking for next year. I got some 6" nice ceramic pot with a nice ceraic rose design in front for a lot cheaper that this 4" cachepot. And when I put a 6" plant now it is worth $34.95 retail and I make my proper mark up on plants and pot and delivery.
I think you are pricing your product out of range. You guys had good product and people where buying it, but your prices keep going up for the size you are offering. That would explain why I got two calls after I place my telelfora product, to see if I wanted more. Are the shops not buying them like before? Better talk to other florist or this could bite you in the ass before you say Luc.
The humbingbird arr, I didnt get and when I saw it in another flower shop I am glad I didnt. WAY to expensive again for the size. Same goes for the Rose and Ruffles vase.
Work on getting the price down, not to many specials and you may be back in the ball park.
Luc

Luc, Been there..Done that..

I have been telling TF for YEARS about those products and do they care? NADA.

What they did do tho is increase the amount of containers for each holiday.

Look at Christmas 2003...SEVEN PRODUCTS?

Pick and choose for YOUR needs and forget about the rest;)

I was fortunate to have seen all of the TF codifieds back in Jan and I knew that the hummingbird, the rose cache pot and the roses and ruffles were going to be losers. I did however like the venetian vase. I bought those and have sold out of them already.
Your right though Luc, the rose pot and the hummingbird are way too small for the money. I don't think that the customers have any idea how small a 4" rose pot is. The really sad part about that is the grocery stores are selling 4" rose pots around here for $4.99 so if a customer were to get one of the TF specials for Mday and then go to the store they are going to think that their gift was pretty cheap.:(

We're about to sell out of the Venetian ... Hummingbird isn't moving as well as I'd like.

I have to agree, the TF prices for the containers are too high. I don't care whether they offer 2 or 20 containers, we'll only carry the ones we can sell.

Lesson: Be picky - we're THEIR customers, we have the power :)

Love the Venetian glass. We picked up a few from a friend and sold them right off. Wish we had a few more. We have some handpainted vases we are selling instead of the ruffles & roses. We sold out our violet cache pots last year quickly, hmm. But violets in 4" are the norm here. I am very concerned about the Christmas season specials although I really like the suspended candle holder and hurricane. Hurricane items always sell out.
As of right now we have survived the holiday without the wire service specials but I'm sure that's due to our economic conditions here. And all those calling in are requesting mixed spring arrangements, designers choice, so that's great. So far so good.

We've always pick what we consider the best of Teleflora's product and carry what we feel is the best produst with the best price point. It seems to work for us.

We sold out of the FTD M2 yesterday, we have a few units of Teleflora's Think Pink left (8 I think). The Venetian Vase is half gone as is FTD's M1. We still have about 2/3 of FTD's M3 but that will go on Friday/Saturday.

Part of that is bound to be that we're the only FTD shop in town carrying all the specials.... we're getting quite a bit on the merc. I figure we'll be out of most of the specials by tomorrow morning. YAY!

Audra

We sold out of the venetian glass yesterday. I wish had ordered more of those but I'm glad that I actually sold out of a codified for once. I'm pretty amazed at how many orders I'm getting for the rose pot even though I'm not codified for it. I think the problem with that is the only other TF shop in the area is codified for it but their minimum with delivery is $50 so all of the rose pots are getting forwarded to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.