TF implementing penalties for non-delivery

jamie

Jan 29, 2011
Chattanooga
State / Prov
TN
make sure you turn off your Dove in a timely fashion this Mother's Day

"Quality is the heart and soul of the Teleflora difference. Teleflora is the only wire-service that supports 100% hand-arranged, hand-delivered arrangements by local florists. It is essential that we all work diligently to deliver exceptional service to floral consumers so they continue to send hand-arranged, hand-delivered flowers by professional florists for their gift-giving needs.
Timely Order Rejections Improve Customer Satisfaction
Consistently delivering the arrangement requested by the consumer is imperative to the floral industry. However, if your shop is not able to fill an order, it is important and acceptable to reject it in a timely manner. This enables the order to be routed to another florist who can fulfill the order as requested. Timing is crucial and we require that florists reject orders as soon as possible. Ideally, orders that can’t be fulfilled should be rejected within an hour of receipt to provide the next florist ample time to fill and deliver the order.
Rejecting an order will not impact your network quality rating or the number of future incoming orders sent to you. Plus, you are never charged for rejecting a Teleflora order. We understand that shops may not always have the flowers or containers needed to fill each order, especially during high-volume holiday periods.
Avoiding Non-Delivery Issues & Charges
Thousands of orders are fulfilled each day with no issues thanks to the diligent efforts of Teleflora member florists. However, when a member florist doesn’t deliver an order and fails to reject it, this creates a negative experience for the consumer, which damages our entire industry. To improve Dove network quality and customer satisfaction with florist-delivered arrangements, Teleflora is implementing a non-delivery policy. Starting May 6, 2012, if a shop receives an order and does not reject or deliver the order, the receiving florist will be penalized the retail value of the order. This charge will be credited back to the sending florist.
Working Together to Improve the Floral Industry
Together we can continue to improve the consumer experience by ensuring that orders do not go unfulfilled and consumers aren’t disappointed. Florists continually remind us that one of their primary concerns is getting their customer’s orders filled and delivered in an effort to maintain customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Rejecting orders in a timely manner is the right thing to do for the sending florist, the consumer and the floral industry. Although most florists do this day in and day out, some do not and this new policy will fairly compensate the sending florist. Unlike other networks, Teleflora’s non-delivery penalty is only equivalent to and not in excess of the order value.
For additional information about the non-delivery policy including answers to frequently asked questions, visit MyTeleflora.com or ask your customer service representative.
Sincerely,
Jeff Bennett"

got this email today. I completely agree with the spirit of this policy. However, it continues to reward OGs by giving the penalty fee back to them. WB sends 10,000 orders for M-Day delivery at 5:45pm May 12, and the shop who forgets to turn off Dove will have to pay WB for the retail value.

We all know why there is such a horrible non-delivery rate at M-Day. How about if a shop (sending or receiving) has a non-delivery rate of 10% or more then they get kicked out of the "quality network of florists?" This includes HQ.

I see where they are going with this and really there is no excuse for not rejecting the order as soon as it's received. We did it all the time for under valued or with orders we did not have the right flowers for.

To help solve this issue they should have a top 10 list and limit the selection for Mother's Day to their customers. Give the florist the list of "top 10" a month or more before the holiday and then they would know what to expect and order their flowers around the most popular products. This would be for big filling shops not for the mom and pops that could not carry all of that mess. But if you choose your designs you flowers could fit with several different selections. That is what we do with our designs. Our flowers work in a couple of our designs and the other flowers blend together to make vases and baskets. It's not rocket science, it's just good business. Also, I think I remember a rule that used to be designers choice the days leading up to the big day.... whatever happened to the good old days :) I wasn't even here for that but I do believe that is the best bet. When customers would come in with a picture on the Saturday before Mother's Day we would always tell them we could not guarantee that would be available at this late of a date. They seemed to understand and would end up choosing "something similar" as their 2nd choice.

But they will continue to show off 100's of designs with just about every flower you can think of and florists will keep reaching for that reject button.

Teleflora is implementing a non-delivery policy. Starting May 6, 2012, if a shop receives an order and does not reject or deliver the order, the receiving florist will be penalized the retail value of the order. This charge will be credited back to the sending florist.
Am I understanding this right... If a florist receives an order for $50 and fails to reject it, TF will credit back the $50 to the originator of the order. Or is it the original 450, plus another $50 penalty?

If it's only the original $50, that makes sense, it's a wash and as it should be.

While they did mention the ONE hour window... is that actually the amount of time you have to reject or your stuck?

Lotta folks are likely to get burned on this one...

It sounds like FTD, if the $50 is not filled or reject in a "certain time"......the wire service will penalize the recieving florist the amount of the order, and sending florist/customer is credited back the $50 order AND gets the $50 penalty to "help make it right with the customer"....as I was told by Ed with FTD. I need to find my notes on this, as it also had the time amounts for the delayed response....it increases each hour after the 2 hour time frame....until it goes to the full value of the order.

MAS auto reject is a wonderful thing... no problem rejecting TF.com orders in a timely manner

and the other OG's as well

as yet TF does not have reject fees... but the night is yet young.

It appears I spoke too soon.....
Lost transmission charges will be charged to a Teleflora member refusing an order unless there is a reasonable explanation for the refusal. Teleflora reserves the right to determine what constitutes a reasonable time
taken from their newest version of the "Rules"

How is this not collusion? every fee is mimicked? It stinks like a offspring from unmarried rodents.

[MENTION=128]keith[/MENTION] .... That's just sad... What a crock of $#i+...

Collusion... Yes... Been saying that for years... But until florists stop ALL filling, nothing will change.

Here are a few suggestions for 'reasonable' explanations for declining to fill orders:

- The bloom would be a bust after this dOG skimmed so much off the order before sending it to us.

- What part of 'not codified' do you not understand? You now owe me 100% cash value of the order for wasting my time.

- Our drivers refuse to make 40 mile round-trips for $5.11.

Any other suggestions for this list? Surely you all have a few... Would love to hear if TF considers them in-valid.

Here are a few suggestions for 'reasonable' explanations for declining to fill orders:

- The bloom would be a bust after this dOG skimmed so much off the order before sending it to us.

- What part of 'not codified' do you not understand? You now owe me 100% cash value of the order for wasting my time.

- Our drivers refuse to make 40 mile round-trips for $5.11.

Any other suggestions for this list? Surely you all have a few... Would love to hear if TF considers them in-valid.
I "think" a "reasonable" explanation is "NO"!!
but, that's just me......I can't do "fleur de lis" in words as well as some of you can!!

Any other suggestions for this list?
Simple... "Requested product not available/sold out"...should cover all bases....

This is going to create an even bigger mess, and put huge pressure on fillers, especially those that do not have the time to sit by the printer. Best to just shut the Dove/Merc off.... better than being penalized heavily $$$$$$$$$

Yet more sticks piled on the back of the member florist by the WS. Will this be the holiday when the weight of the sticks crushes enough backs to bring the rotten wire edifice crashing down?

FTD has been harsher than this for years. It just allows HQ to make more money by pissing people off.

I should be immune to this by now. However, it just drives me crazy that ZERO responsibility is placed on the sending shop. This is solely for the benefit of OGs. I highly doubt that traditional shops have a problem with getting orders filled because we know when to explain to clients that the deadline has been passed.

What happens, when an East Coast shop sends an order at 5 pm for *same day* delivery delivery on the West Coast (2pm) and the reject comes in after they close for the day? Who knows...

Jamie, you're right, while some are touting this as a good thing, and it could be if it were structured correctly, I too feel it's based on collecting more cash (with a component of getting more orders filled) for the company stores and the OG's...

With Teleflora deciding what constitutes a "viable reason" for a reject, and what amount of time to do so is reasonable (one hour) they have made this *rule* a huge problem for those that fill, are busy, and can't sit by their printer all day. At holidays, when I was in a wire service, any orders that came in for the next or future days, simply sat there, often for hours until we closed, then they were processed once that days work was done. That could be hours after the orders arrived.

And what about the Sunday deal... why are they forcing florists to opt out, rather than opt in, heck even FTD was smart enuf to do that. Why should you have to suspend the Dove on Sundays? They know you're closed, but they send anyway. Must be their inferior technology. One member told me today, that Teleflora says they have no way to know what shops are closed... Huh?? Really???

I have a strong feeling, that many shops (all three services) will simply shut communications off Monday-Tuesday May 7-8 and concentrate on local customers... and that there will be tens of thousands of orders bouncing to parts unknown... never finding a filler fool...

Any other suggestions for this list? Surely you all have a few... Would love to hear if TF considers them in-valid.[/QUOTE said:
How about "Since you feel compelled to make 40% of this consumers money that you get in a van and deliver it yourself, or else send me a 40% price increase"
"Thank you and have a nice day"

....."And may an elephant caress you with its toes"

Reactions: steve
FTD has been harsher than this for years. It just allows HQ to make more money by pissing people off.

I should be immune to this by now. However, it just drives me crazy that ZERO responsibility is placed on the sending shop. This is solely for the benefit of OGs. I highly doubt that traditional shops have a problem with getting orders filled because we know when to explain to clients that the deadline has been passed.
I see it`s STILL pissing you off!!
I see TF playing catchup
I see 1-800 as not knowing which END is `catchup`......