To all Teleflora members

Do you want to see teleflora billing cycle to end at the end of the month?

• Yes I would like to see the new billing cycle.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No I want to stay the same way.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Won't bother me at all.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Please vote on the following:

We would like to see Teleflora change the billing cycle to end at the end of the month instead of the 4th to the 6th of the next month.
THis will be easier for us for month end and year ends.

Please send your personal request to your Telelfora member or even Robert Newton at the Canadian HQ.
THank you
Luc

The benefit of the current cycle for me is this:

Orders are always billed (and hence post to customer accounts) the day following delivery. For wire orders, this means orders aren't added to the wire rec list until the day after the delivery date. Month end is done on the first of the next month.

With TF's cycle as it is, I can do our month end, then report the incoming orders for the complete month. With FTD, we always had to miss a day or two - or more, or miss the deadline and not get credit for the orders for an extra month.

Both cut off dates suck........As Ryan posted FTD orders for the last day of the month/year never get included in their statement!!!........And with Teleflora they continue till the 5th or 6th of the next month!!

My vote can't be posted on your poll, as I would like to see them cut off the month on the last day but then accept rec's until the 1st or second of the following month........that's the only way you can balance the month end properly, unless of course we can convince everyone to send all wire orders by Dove or Mercury!!

Well John that is something I never thought about but I am sure we can get that fix with teleflora and then we can work with FTD.
This is just a idea that needs to be refine. THank you for the comments.
Now if we can hear from the folks at teleflora we can move forward.
Luc

Better be careful what you ask for...

especially from TF...they'll charge you for it!!
Word has it, that TF members are starting to realize, they are little better off as TF members, than they were with FTD, or anybody else for that matter...now that TF is the biggest!!
Think THEY will learn the lessons that FTD learned some years back??...so far...NOT so good!!
Florists are generally a listless bunch...making knee jerk decisions based on emotion, and NOT common sense...I should know...I WAS ONE...once or twice.
It seems we pay the WS's to save ourselves, FROM ourselves, and the little games they play, to make YOU feel good about the money you LOSE, each time you FILL one of those orders, from a growing number of shops and shop owners that have NO CLUE!!
I AM A FLORIST FIRST, with friends from ALL OVER THE FLORIST PLANET, because AS A FLORIST, and a FRIEND of the FLORIST PLANET, one of my jobs is to help save some of you from yourselves!!...NOT necessarily those of you here, on this board, that are "in the know"...but, those that AREN'T, and DON'T

Mike

Mikey ...

You're starting to worry me. This paranoia is NOT healthy!

I know you had a less-than-pleasant parting with TF, but wouldn't you say that the way you left might have been a bit knee-jerk-ish?

No offense, but I don't think we need anyone to 'save' us nor do I need it. I believe in diversity - including diversity of interests and opinions.

I prefer to go to work and know that the 60 years experience that my mom and Gudrun have combined is enough for us and our shop. That works for me.

Audra

Has anyone noticed when you call your FTD or TF order on the phone that many of them NEVER get reported? I am an advocate for a paper copy and also an advocate for calling and talking to the florist personally. So both work for me. I like to send on the Merc & Dove so they get reported for sure as I keep count so as to meet my quota (that stupid quota). On the other hand I like to call as they may not get reported. Sounds a little selfish I guess, but not my fault other flower shops are unorganized. Lack of organization on your part means more bottom line on my part.

Originally posted by Lady Biker Florist
Has anyone noticed when you call your FTD or TF order on the phone that many of them NEVER get reported? I am an advocate for a paper copy and also an advocate for calling and talking to the florist personally. So both work for me. I like to send on the Merc & Dove so they get reported for sure as I keep count so as to meet my quota (that stupid quota). On the other hand I like to call as they may not get reported. Sounds a little selfish I guess, but not my fault other flower shops are unorganized. Lack of organization on your part means more bottom line on my part.

I've posted earlier that in previous years, we'd clear $5-10k per year on unreported wire orders. Now, with computers, the amount is much less.

Ummmm...Ryan,

Mikey ...

You're starting to worry me. This paranoia is NOT healthy!

I know you had a less-than-pleasant parting with TF, but wouldn't you say that the way you left might have been a bit knee-jerk-ish?

Under NO circumstances has ANY parting actions between myself and TF been anything less than professional, and amicable.
What you're obviously referring to the actions that LEAD me to make this decision to part ways with TF HQ...which ALSO obviously INCLUDES the Canadian TF office!!
My rep was in, I discussed MY concerns, which were continuosly ongoing, and though fixable, I was tired of continually bugging the poor gals at CDN HQ, to fix problems created by US HQ!!
My rep, is also a friend, and she KNOWS that, and there is NO animosity at all,and until she advises me otherwise, we WILL CONTINUE to be friends.
My parting is CLEARLY a work in progress, that I've spoken about MANY TIMES on this board, and though the path was difficult, the decision, ONCE MADE, was EASY....TF, with it's current mandate, DOES NOT fit into my plans for the near future!!

Mike:rolleyes:Mike ...

Status
Not open for further replies.