Ugliest Arrangement ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work at a flower shop that had tons of old containers. One day, I climbed into their attic and found boxes of crap. In the crap was even more crap. Specifically, I found a ceramic egg platter in the shape of a chicken. There were places for deviled eggs. This was an FTD or Teleflora container. Does anyone remember this one and what went in it?

Since I could only find one (and had no idea what to do with it), all of the designers signed the back and gave it to one of our wholesalers for Christmas. He loved it!

I also found a life size head that went with an old Santa Claus. His eyes were supposed to move back and forth when plugged in. Apparently it was broken because one of his eyes looked to the left and the other to the right. The box it was in said "Santa...head/eyes messed up". Do florists have to save everything?

Oh my goodness! The Rooster platter! That's so funny, was just telling the girls the other day about one shop I worked at and he had a whole boxful of those things! Every time he went out of town, I would pitch a couple in the dumpster so it would be dumped before they got back lol. He never missed them because he had so many boxes of old shhhhhtuff.

Last place I was at they got stuck with box fulls of that darn polar bear cookie jar. We ended up doing a simple arrangement in it and sending it out to our best customers for a Christmas greeting. We got rid of most of them that way, wrote them off as a business expense.

trish

Oh my goodness! The Rooster platter! That's so funny, was just telling the girls the other day about one shop I worked at and he had a whole boxful of those things! Every time he went out of town, I would pitch a couple in the dumpster so it would be dumped before they got back lol. He never missed them because he had so many boxes of old shhhhhtuff.

Last place I was at they got stuck with box fulls of that darn polar bear cookie jar. We ended up doing a simple arrangement in it and sending it out to our best customers for a Christmas greeting. We got rid of most of them that way, wrote them off as a business expense.

trish

I totally forgot about the polar bear! I have a friend that collects Coca Cola stuff. I was at the same flower shop and we had a cabillion of those left. I had purchased her one for Christmas. The manager of the shop was trying to give her more but I said no thanks!!

Is this the Jesus container you were talking about?

BTW, the chicken platter WAS on Ebay yesterday but it's gone today. I guess someone snatched up that gem.

Jennifer

trish

I inherited 2 cases of those puppys with my shop...I sent them out filled with homemade biscottis wrapped in cello with curling ribbon for my xmas/end of year corporate thank yous and other asst xmas gifts.....

It actually looked nice and people liked them...I had two left and sold them in the shop....then I was sad that I gave them away...Oh well..

Reactions: 1 person
Is this the Jesus container you were talking about?

BTW, the chicken platter WAS on Ebay yesterday but it's gone today. I guess someone snatched up that gem.

Jennifer
yep..

That's the Jesus container......

I still have a few of those Jesus containers. I think I'll use them up at Christmas time and call it "The reason for the season". That should take care of those!

The quality of the glass in this TF container is amazing. It is of heavy thick glass. It is just a shame you can't take the picture off. Don't get me wrong, I love my Jesus but not everyone likes this particular picture. Alot of people are afraid of offending someone by sending this type of container.

Reactions: 1 person
oh my God!! Those chicken soup arrangements have to be the winners!!! I forgot about them until now! Ugh! With a delicious soup packet!

Butt ugly

Can't remember which wire service this one came from.....but we called it the "Humping bear" bokay. Brown bear rubber banded to the trunck of a plastic tree. Valentine special if I recall. Cracks me up just thinking of that wonderous delight!!!

Can't remember which wire service this one came from.....but we called it the "Humping bear" bokay. Brown bear rubber banded to the trunck of a plastic tree. Valentine special if I recall. Cracks me up just thinking of that wonderous delight!!!

This is too funny....

never remember that one wish I had seen it...

Ugly in only Foam deep

BASKET.JPG

this is from a "competitors" site but this might be unbeatable.

Keith

BASKET.JPG

Keith

What cracks me up is that someone actually made that, thought it looked good enough to photograph and then intentionally loaded that crap to their website?!?!?!

What does it reatil for $9.99? 4" crap basket, 2 stems red mini carns, 2 stems yellow daisies, 1/8 stem solidago and oasis crumbs. Custom designed by soemone's 3 year old!!!

The butterfly if the best part of the whole thing!:alcoholic

BASKET.JPG

Keith

Keith,

So....the woman writing the "eflowerbook" is a competitor of yours? I thought she lived in Tennessee or something. From this thread:

http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17830

That's so strange!? Why would she be advising customers to create their own flower designs instead of using a florist if she is a florist?

Comeptitor defined...

I only could hope that was my local competition. No, what I mean by competitor is anyone who tells customers not to buy from me. It was also a tad sarcstic. Sorry for the confusion.
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.