Ugliest Arrangement ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only could hope that was my local competition. No, what I mean by competitor is anyone who tells customers not to buy from me. It was also a tad sarcstic. Sorry for the confusion.
Keith

Ah, gotcha. After I read it again I thought that may have been what you meant. I understand now. :>

I actually have that bowl - It was a gift ( with flowers) at a show that I was attending - when the designer announced that I had just been inducted into AIFD.

Other then being fairly expensive a container - it actually was not that bad a container and it made up quickly. If my memory serves me correct - I seem to recall that it had to sell for something like 24 or 25 dollars retail.

I actually have that bowl - It was a gift ( with flowers) at a show that I was attending - when the designer announced that I had just been inducted into AIFD.

Other then being fairly expensive a container - it actually was not that bad a container and it made up quickly. If my memory serves me correct - I seem to recall that it had to sell for something like 24 or 25 dollars retail.

Ummm, oops! LOL

It must be prettier in person than on that listing. AND it must have great sentimental value to you.

the picture does not do that particular container justice. however, I have seen far prettier containers than that particular one.

In fact, one of the prettiest wire containers i ever saw was from FTD - way back in the late 80's - it was a blue and cream wavy edge oval shaped ceramic bowl - was a Mother's day special. It was during the time that the little mauve and blue country ducks and geese was so popular - I must have made a hundred of those thing using williamsburg blue painted euc and preserved gyp

When I was in my shop there was a piece (I believe it was Teleflora) that looked like a ceramic bustier. Anyone remember that? A woman's torso in a red and black corset with a string laced across it. It was actually scary when it had the arrangement in it. It looked like a decapitated woman.

When I was in my shop there was a piece (I believe it was Teleflora) that looked like a ceramic bustier. Anyone remember that? A woman's torso in a red and black corset with a string laced across it. It was actually scary when it had the arrangement in it. It looked like a decapitated woman.

I inherited a box with the shop, it is UGLY!! Does any one need some???

OMG!! I just went on to FTD to see what you guys are talking about...That is the most hideous tacky thing ever!!! I especially love the pink carnation "ashtray" dish!!

I'm sorry I looked!! LOL!!

Attachments

• T563.jpg
    T563.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 18
  • T634_c.jpg
    T634_c.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
The fish is hard to beat, but I will always shudder remembering the 1996 FTD Mother's Day containers. They were blue flowers on a white ceramic bowl and we called them the "dog dishes", also promoted was a matching lotion jar with a pump handle. It took years to get rid of those, finally gave away at a yard sale.
Thanks for a good laugh.

I inherited a box with the shop, it is UGLY!! Does any one need some???
I WANNA SEE A picture of this decapitated lady bustier container

OMG - YOU have GOT to be kidding. - @@@@ - THat was a Teleflora container?

Either Teleflora (doesn't have a Teleflora sticker) but since I looked at it again, I am thinking 1800. Not sure, can't find a picture of it. or a recipe.

It was 1800, I remember that, UGH. You can say one thing, it was different.

One thing that I am really tired of are the TF containers with the porcelain flowers that chip off, gah, such a waste. I have thrown so many of those out and repaired quite a few too.

trish

I can't remember the year (I tried to block it from memory until I saw this thread), but the nastiest thing for my ears was the TF Valentines offering with a computer chip that played a "song". It made my ears bleed and drove me very close to madness.

V

I can't remember the year (I tried to block it from memory until I saw this thread), but the nastiest thing for my ears was the TF Valentines offering with a computer chip that played a "song". It made my ears bleed and drove me very close to madness.

V
OMG Victoria....you read my mind. It spun around and played "let me call you sweetheart".If I had recieved that ugly thing I would have called my husband something other than sweetheart! If ya know what I mean!!!lol

I know what you mean... Argh.... yes it spun. It was FUGLY!!! And Screechy to boot.

V

I remember the dam' ting - Teleflora called it the "Twirling Tunes" bouquet - It was a red plastic dish...you stuck this victorian cupid thing on top of this stake and put it in the arrangement - when you pushed a button, it spun around on that stick and played that awful music. My shop owner at the time loved it and thought it was the sweetest thing. I cringed then and I still cringe now. They came 48 to a case and she ordered three cases.

I DID GAG when that thing came out.......I took every darn battery out of that thing until it was sold.....The battery did not go in till it was ready to go out the van to the recipient. I'll look and see if I can find a picture of the hideous thing.

Another FUGLY item was that paisely purple Teleflora bear that hd that AWFUL, SICKENING, PUTRID, scent to it. We called it the Stinky bear.

Not only was that the ugliest plush bear ever, it stank to high-heaven.

Who else remembers that thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.