Ugliest Arrangement ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWK

Jun 3, 2007
San Antonio
State / Prov
Texas
Seeing the thread about the Todd Oldham and FTD fish arrangement ( ugly as homemade sin ) got me to thinking.

At one time there were a bunch of wire services and at one time or other they have featured absolutely hideous arrangements.

If you were a member of one or more of these wire services at some point in time - please post a picture or describe the ugliest arrangement you have ever seen.

FTD
Teleflora
Carik
AFS
Redbook
Florafax
Bloomnet/Bloomlink
IFA
Extra Touch

and there were one or two more that were smaller wire services or did not last long......that I cannot recall the names.

Reactions: 1 person
Although the Todd Oldham fish arrangement ranks up there with the ugliest of arrangements - I think the all time most hideous arrangement is the flowers and fish design from Carik - It was a 6 inch bubble bowl that held water and a goldfish and a saucer sat on top of that holding an arrangment of orange carnations and gold tinted pompons.

Can't remember what it was called but I think it was FTD's birthday party arrangement?
It was a top seller in our shop and it seemed like I had to make a million of em every day. Could still make them blindfolded I think! :boggles:

I remember there was an arrangement that had a carved hand on the vase. I can't remember much about it, I think I blocked it out, but I remember it was kinda creepy.

Teleflora's Dracula and Frankenstein Mugs?

EWWWWW !!!!! I forgot about those ugly things......and if I remember.....they were some EXPENSIVE containers.

Any of those d-amn fake cakes. Those are the stupidest things!

I think those soda glass arrangements with the crushed styro were pretty bad.

Also, Teleflora had a very creepy (almost demonic) Jesus thingy for Easter, I don't remember exactly what it looked like, just that it scared the hell out of me!!!

Can't remember what it was called but I think it was FTD's birthday party arrangement?
It was a top seller in our shop and it seemed like I had to make a million of em every day. Could still make them blindfolded I think! :boggles:

Oh the ones with those stupid party blowers? Ugh. I remember them. It was like every color in the rainbow, of cheap flowers. When I worked at the shop that had those back in the day we also got to make a lot of those chicken soup get well ones with actual soup packets in them. Super elegant!
:hammer:

I remember there was an arrangement that had a carved hand on the vase. I can't remember much about it, I think I blocked it out, but I remember it was kinda creepy.

Are you talking about TF Hand of Horror? http://www.larose.com/view_cat.php?cat_id=43 (In the last row on that site).

What about the scary Bee Well Bee thing. Those bees give me nightmares. I almost died when someone actually asked for that stupid thing. What I find funny is that Teleflora will still sell it to you, but they don't even market it on their website anymore.

Reactions: 3 people
found this one on ebay !! Yuk,

And this one..

and this..

I think I just threw up a little bit....:(

Jennifer

Starting to wonder about the air in the Northern Hemisphere...

These "things" were actally promoted????

Holy dooly.........

oh yeah - at a previous shop I worked with - when we got in the barcalounger container - SHE FELL IN LOVE with the darn thing. She felt it was a PERFECT gift for any guy.

And when the new owner came in.......he took one look and asked W-T-F ???

Last I remember seeing of them before I was terminated was a pile of them sitting in a dumpster.

** Since we know that the WS's lurk in here.........wonder if this will raise their taste level????..........................NOT !!!! **

Any of those d-amn fake cakes. Those are the stupidest things!

Actually - I have a funny little story about those d-amn fake cakes. At a previos shop, we were occasionally asked to make one. One time I had made one, boxed it up, and sent it out. Got a call from the recipient - mad as hell - She was upset because she got this beautiful cake for her birthday and tried to cut the darn thing to eat a slice. I told her quite politely that the cake was a floral arrangement made to resemble a cake.

After that, Whenever I would do one......I would write in bold black marker on the inside of the box lid.

: ATTENTION :
This is not a real cake. It is a floral arrangement made to look like a cake. DO NOT TRY to EAT. !!!!!!

I still laugh about the stupidity of that lady.

and this..

I think I just threw up a little bit....:(

Jennifer

I actually like the chair :/ And the Webber Grill. We got Webber Grills from another shop for $1 and displayed them by the counter and people loved them. Most of them wanted to know if they could put a fire in them. A single hot dog grill for dad :p

I think those soda glass arrangements with the crushed styro were pretty bad.

Also, Teleflora had a very creepy (almost demonic) Jesus thingy for Easter, I don't remember exactly what it looked like, just that it scared the hell out of me!!!
I was totally thinking "THE JESUS" arrangement!!!!

I even remember telling the TF salesgirl that we were not going to carry them. She said why and I told her that I thought they were cheesy. She tells me
"Well there's nothing cheesy about Jesus" I told her "I'm not saying Jesus is cheesy, just the container"

How about the half bronze golf ball container a couple of years ago from TF???
I don't even remember what it was called.

OH how about back in 1994 or 1995 that plastic pink secretaries day arrangement!
The one with the note pad!!!

OR in 1987 or around there TF had that big plastic red heart with the big bear.

But my all time not favorite is that stupid FTD pick me up bouquet, really any of the red carn, yellow and white daisy, blue statice FTD combo arrangements. Thank goodness those are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.