Wesley Berry ... again..

Did anyone go to the BBB site for Weaselie berry? The BBB rates them an A+ even with 531 complaints in the last 3 years with 301 occurring in the last year only.

Hello!?! Unreal!

Did anyone go to the BBB site for Weaselie berry? The BBB rates them an A+ even with 531 complaints in the last 3 years with 301 occurring in the last year only.

Hello!?! Unreal!

BBB is a waste of time, all you need to do is buy your A+ rating no matter how many complaints you have. A florist in my area has 1 complaint on BBB , he is not a member and his rating is an F, seems like a corrupt system to me

I've also gotten that order...and refused it. I went so far as to look at WB's website. Keeping in mind that WB marks everything up an extra $20, so they can discount it $20, their website listed the Ford Truck at $59.95!
I called TF to let them know that WB is apparently curtailing orders. And we all know how TF feels about that.
I was told that information would be forwarded to the person that was ALREADY investigating that charge.
We can only hope!

If Teleflora really wanted to do anything about it all that have to do is read FloristDetective.com and get in touch.

They, just like the Michigan Floral Association and SAF turn a blind eye to the checkbook.

In my book, guilty by association.

We made the mistake of accepting an FTD offer to start last year with a no-fee deal for 6 months. We got caught on Valentines with a 'Delayed Response Program' that we were unaware about. My statement shows up with over $800 of penalties for waiting more than two hours to reject FTD orders. I blew up then. How many others have been caught in this scam. We cancelled FTD and then had to agree to stay for another directory period to get the money refunded. What a joke - except the joke was on us.

It is sad.... Dealing with the Floral Mafia is rarely a good thing.

Tell everyone you know about FlowerChat... If more folks are empowered with information they stand better odds to make good choices for their businesses.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
We made the mistake of accepting an FTD offer to start last year with a no-fee deal for 6 months. We got caught on Valentines with a 'Delayed Response Program' that we were unaware about. My statement shows up with over $800 of penalties for waiting more than two hours to reject FTD orders. I blew up then. How many others have been caught in this scam. We cancelled FTD and then had to agree to stay for another directory period to get the money refunded. What a joke - except the joke was on us.

you can call member services and request a refund for the $2.00 mercury fee per order that you rejected. They will give refunds for the last 90 days. If you are in FTD, and you reject alot (like we did), then that will get you a bit of cash back in your pocket

FYI, just calling your wire service and asking not to receive orders from a specific company like Wesley Berry will not keep the orders from coming. We tried that and after receiving more, I called (TF) and THEN they tell me that they can only stop HQTRS order from going to your shop from them. If you want to stop receiving orders from them, you have to call them yourself and specifically ask to be taken off their list.

IMO, if you can please a "do not use' flag on your system, you should be able to do a "do not receive" also.

BTW, the "supervisor" at Wesley Berry offered to raise our minimums. I explained that it wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is that every single order we get from them is always below SRP. Just got one yesterday for T249-2A, SRP $99.95. They sent us $82.95. We received the order yesterday and refused it stating it was below SRP. What did they do? Send it again today with a "similar look and feel is fine". Really? I checked their site, it shows the same spray for $102 but is apparently "on sale" with a special price.........

Reactions: BOSS
if a Weasely Berry order is forwarded to you from another florist and not send directly via HQ it will get thru the block on your system.

:(

happy to bee wire service freee

FYI, just calling your wire service and asking not to receive orders from a specific company like Wesley Berry will not keep the orders from coming. We tried that and after receiving more, I called (TF) and THEN they tell me that they can only stop HQTRS order from going to your shop from them. If you want to stop receiving orders from them, you have to call them yourself and specifically ask to be taken off their list.

IMO, if you can please a "do not use' flag on your system, you should be able to do a "do not receive" also.

BTW, the "supervisor" at Wesley Berry offered to raise our minimums. I explained that it wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is that every single order we get from them is always below SRP. Just got one yesterday for T249-2A, SRP $99.95. They sent us $82.95. We received the order yesterday and refused it stating it was below SRP. What did they do? Send it again today with a "similar look and feel is fine". Really? I checked their site, it shows the same spray for $102 but is apparently "on sale" with a special price.........

We have been fighting with TF and Just Flowers for weeks over this issue, TF told us that their "Does not receive" (DNR) list would stop it, it has NOT,then they told us the list is a simple check box and can be over ridden by the sender, sounds useless to me. We tried asking to be removed from their sending list to no avail, then putting JF on notice that we were going to complain to our States Attorney about harassment (about ready to try that)I don't know if anything will happen but it sure freaks them out when you ask for their names for a harassment lawsuit, they quickly turn you over to a "surpervisor" .we have talked to 3 in the last 2 weeks and they still call. Has anyone tried the States Attorney avenue?

I would doubt the Attorney General will do anything. The wheels of government turn very slowly, and while the MI AG is a personal friend and customer, I'm even having a slow go at a couple items with far more gravity to them than incoming orders.

What worked for me, when I was in a wire service with these jokers, was to send them a GENeral message (so there is a record) and tell them that if they ever send me another order, that it will NOT be filled, nor would I acknowledge receipt of it. That put a stop to electronic orders. Phone orders, I simply hung up on them as soon as I found out who was calling, and that put a stop to that too.

Funny thing, now that we're no longer in a wire service, they don't even call... go figure...

Reactions: autj
MAS has auto reject so I never see them, its worth the $2 and after a while they just quit sending. I have not taken a OG order in several years because I feel it is a very bad direction for this industry. I won't aid and abet the demise of my industry. There is no rational reason to enable OG's to screw your customers. If your staff isn't busy send them home or better yet have them start cold calling your existing customers and tell them thank you for your business inquire about future needs.

harassment suits will do no good because if you want it to stop you just have to simply leave the wire service. If you are in the wire service then you agree to do business with these people in general. WS allows you to reject any specific order, but they have no reason to make it easy to reject/block a certain sender. After all, they make money from every order sent to you even if you reject it.

[MENTION=128]keith[/MENTION] auto reject may make things convenient, but I reject probably as much as I fill. It can easily get to $100+ per month. That's a lot of beer money.

There is really only 1 solution: Quit TF and tell them that you are leaving because of JF, WB, FYF etc. If they ever police their network to prevent this type of member then maybe quality florists will come back to TF. HOWEVER, if you are in TF because you want to FILL orders then there is really not much you can complain about. OGs are fighting each other to give you what you want.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
If you call your rep and complain they will credit you. It is just a real PIA.

FYI TF does nothave this fee (amazing as that is!) all TF rejects are free!

I am not in a wire service to do business with these people, I don't. Ever.

If you are in a WS to get orders you have a education coming, good luck. OG's are taking your local orders to give them to you. Good business plan.

You are right WS will allow you to reject any order....so do it. Profit is not a dirty word.

BTW do not limit yourself on beer money... scrimp somewhere else!

The AG's office probably won't do anything because it is a business to business situation. Same goes for the people who oversea the phone company too. When JF calls here, we have caller id so we just don't answer.

It is really easy to advise people to leave their WS but (in our case) when you have already spent thousands on a computer system, it isn't really smart to drop them and have a POS that no longer works. As long as our POS is in good working order, we are staying where we are. We do not carry any of their codified product nor do we spend $$ on their co-op advertising etc etc etc. We have minimal contact with TF and only fill the orders we feel are a good fit for our business.

Mikey, when will you take down your Christmas Tree???

I was speaking to someone at TF Headquarters in Toronto. She told me if I reject, it cost me, If I get the sender to cancel it doesnt cost the sender and myself money.
Sometime you have to reject because these OG do not understand the word NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!